• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tonights lineup

Alex

Members
assuming eastwood is suspended and goater not fit i would play with the chelseas, man utd style line up.

Flahavan

Hunt Edwards Barrett Wilson

Guttridge Maher Bently

Cole Gower
Gray

Subs

Griemink
Prior
Smith
Pettefer
Goater

I would put cole on right and gower left. they can cut in the middle and help support gray. if they do that playing the 3 central midfielders will stiffen up the midfield. if its not working then second half put on gaoter and go to a 4-4-2. i dont think goater will be able to last 90 minutes. give him 45 and then start him away at scunthorpe. i think the game is too big the put lawson in, maybe off the bench

also if anyone sees tilly or brush please mention this to them, hopefully they would of already thought of this

If I see him hanging round Piccadilly Fitness First at lunch time, I'll let him know.

biggrin.gif

Struggling to believe that there can be more football so soon after the last home game. Really looking forward to tonight and having seen how we have acquitted ourselves in previous games, I think we will give Southampton a stern test. Still expcting a defeat but by the odd goal

Tilly was on Talksport this morning and mentioned that some of the players that haven't started too many games yet will play tonight as he sees the game as a bonus.

I reckon Jay Smith and Goater may well start. Welcome back Jay!! A repeat performance of your last game on TV vs the pikeys would be greatly appreciated!!

Gav

p.s. Tilly reckons Juppy is out for 2 to 3 weeks, so Lewis will start tonight too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Aug. 22 2005,08:22)]assuming eastwood is suspended and goater not fit i would play with the chelseas, man utd style line up.

Flahavan

Hunt      Edwards  Barrett      Wilson

Guttridge  Maher  Bently

Cole                             Gower
                   Gray

Subs

Griemink
Prior
Smith
Pettefer
Goater

I would put cole on right and gower left. they can cut in the middle and help support gray. if they do that playing the 3 central midfielders will stiffen up the midfield. if its not working then second half put on gaoter and go to a 4-4-2. i dont think goater will be able to last 90 minutes. give him 45 and then start him away at scunthorpe. i think the game is too big the put lawson in, maybe off the bench
I like the look of this team although would want Cole on the left and Gower on the right. He won't change from the 4-4-2 however. I really hope Petts doesn't start, as I've said before, he is not going to offer any attacking options at home. He does a great job away from home or when holding a lead, but Cole needs to start. Would be great to see Jay starting, although I think Bentley was sorely missed on Saturday for his strength and ariel ability. Spinner will also start having heard Tilly's post match comments. A bit harsh on Eagle after his last three performances.

I'd love to see the 5 man midfield option tonight, just for an experiment and because we now have so much quality in midfield. I agree with OlvisIII though - can't see Tilly switching from 4-4-2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Aug. 22 2005,09:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Aug. 22 2005,08:22)]assuming eastwood is suspended and goater not fit i would play with the chelseas, man utd style line up.

Flahavan

Hunt      Edwards  Barrett      Wilson

Guttridge  Maher  Bently

Cole                             Gower
                   Gray

Subs

Griemink
Prior
Smith
Pettefer
Goater

I like the look of this team although would want Cole on the left and Gower on the right.  He won't change from the 4-4-2 however.  I really hope Petts doesn't start, as I've said before, he is not going to offer any attacking options at home.  He does a great job away from home or when holding a lead, but Cole needs to start.  Would be great to see Jay starting, although I think Bentley was sorely missed on Saturday for his strength and ariel ability.  Spinner will also start having heard Tilly's post match comments.  A bit harsh on Eagle after his last three performances.
Totally agree regarding Petts!! Don't get me wrong, his commitment and effort is awesome all the time as it was Saturday but he provides no pace or impetus when going forward! His preference to turn back over and over agian when breaking is sometimes infuriating!!

On that note, why was Gutts replaced on Saturday, totally bizarre seeing as I thought Gutts was possibly a close contender for MoM!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MilkeySUFC @ Aug. 22 2005,10:18)]Wasn't Cole touted as a possible 4th choice striker when he signed? Could see that tonight then?
Similar style to Freddy, so could be worth a shout. though I would rather see him wide on the left with Gower on the right, both getting crosses in for Gray and Goater!

Start him I would say. Make a strong solid start and impose ourselves on Southampton. Then later bring Lawson on for a run out.

Looks like Southampton are preparing to give a few young players games tonight, could enhance our chances of victory.

I would play

Flavs

Hunt Spinner AB Che
Gower Bents Maher Cole

Smith
Gray

Subs:

Bart
Gutts
Eagle
Lawson
Goater

I'd personally stick to a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 as we don't have enough strikers to go all out attack.

Perhaps a line up could be:

Flahavan

Hunt Edwards Barrett Wilson

Gower Guttridge Maher Cole

Bentley
Gray

Subs

Griemink
Prior
Smith
Pettefer
Goater

Mind you if Tilly is going to give a game to the players who have had little first team opportunities so far I could see him going for a line up such as:

Griemink

Hunt       Prior     Barrett      Wilson

Pettefer     Maher    Smith   Cole

Goater   Gray

Subs

Flahavan
Edwards
Gower
Bentley
Guttridge

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ Aug. 22 2005,11:16)]Looks like Southampton are preparing to give a few young players games tonight, could enhance our chances of victory.
Team news from Saints is that 17-year-old "flying winger" Nathan Dyer will make his first team debut tonight and Theo Walcott will make his first-ever competitive start for saints. Both these lads were in the Under-18 team which got to last season's FA Youth Cup Final. Martin Cranie is also expected to start.

Harry Redknapp said "I will give a few of the kids a game and we will see what they do. If they can't beat Southend then they are not ready for the Championship. If they are good enough, they will play. No-one plays youngsters more than me, look at West Ham."

"We want to win every game, but the priority is to get out of the Championship. The only thing on my mind is getting this team out of this division."

Got this from the Southern Daily Echo, who also seem to think that Edwards will stay alongside Barrett, with Prior coming in at right back!!!

Back