• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does anyone else share the view that the Club and Manager get off pretty lightly when they mess up. For example the pricing of tickets last night - the very low attendance would confirm that they got it wrong but it annoys me that there is no-one in the local media who will asks the right people the probing questions and puts them on the spot , its the same for Tilly , he gets a very easy ride when you think about it compared to many footy managers. The problem is there is only one journalists who would be interested enough to do this ( Chris Phillips from the Echo ) and he is very unlikely to rock the boat and upset his chums at the Club . It just aint a healthy IMHO.

Hmmmmm, not sure thats quite true. I have a copy of the echo which was slating the clubs pricing policy from the other week. Infact I even have my name in lights! Woop Woop.....:p

Well under my alter ego from the Echo site that is but same location obviously.

And before anyone asks, no autographs please....;)

Does anyone else share the view that the Club and Manager get off pretty lightly when they mess up. For example the pricing of tickets last night - the very low attendance would confirm that they got it wrong but it annoys me that there is no-one in the local media who will asks the right people the probing questions and puts them on the spot , its the same for Tilly , he gets a very easy ride when you think about it compared to many footy managers. The problem is there is only one journalists who would be interested enough to do this ( Chris Phillips from the Echo ) and he is very unlikely to rock the boat and upset his chums at the Club . It just aint a healthy IMHO.

Spot on, good ol' Uncle Ron as the crawlers call him got it drastically wrong last night. I was borderline wether to go last night but the rip off price sealed it that i should stay at home, blatant mistake by the club as was playing Matt Harrold week after week by Tilson. For some unknown reason incompetance gets easily forgiven around this area!

I thought we had been through this, its not that simple for the cup, the FA tell the clubs a minimum price that they can set, which make it harder for clubs like ours to do what they know to be right on a night like last night

Both issues, are we right or wrong? Collis out!

Wrong. The club have taken far too much abuse about the prices last night from a lot of people who wouldn't have gone if it had been a fiver and didn't go to Cheltenham when it WAS a fiver. People just love to have a new stick to beat the Club with.

The prices clearly were set wrong last night but Jesus give it a rest. It's like now Matt Harrold is out of the team everyone needs something else to post fifteen different threads about.

Tilly doesn't get an easy ride, he gets a stupid amount of stick considering what he has done for this Club.

Collis out! ;)

I thought we had been through this, its not that simple for the cup, the FA tell the clubs a minimum price that they can set, which make it harder for clubs like ours to do what they know to be right on a night like last night

Why does it?
surely you just charge the minimum and blame the FA for the rest....dont you?

Wrong. The club have taken far too much abuse about the prices last night from a lot of people who wouldn't have gone if it had been a fiver and didn't go to Cheltenham when it WAS a fiver. People just love to have a new stick to beat the Club with.

The prices clearly were set wrong last night but Jesus give it a rest. It's like now Matt Harrold is out of the team everyone needs something else to post fifteen different threads about.

Tilly doesn't get an easy ride, he gets a stupid amount of stick considering what he has done for this Club.

Collis out! ;)

Well said.

Im sick of the bloody moaning. We are in the top 6 yet theres a horrible negative undercurrent at the club at the moment.

I have to listen to 3 or 4 idiots in the stand each game slating everyone and everything, even when we are 4-1 up to Huddersfield. (who probably think they are hard core "fans").

Get some perspective people and get over yourselves.

God Im moaning about moaning, its infectious.

Collis out!, Get Gower off!, tickets cost £5 too much!, why arent the club crucified on a stake after every mistake or poor result !

Boo hoo.

Jeez, could be worse we could be Col U in the relegation zone lets move on...

Indeed we could be Col U - but by the grace of God, we aren't ! !

I still think last night's pricing was far too high. I still went, I still enjoyed the game, I still think that Morgan isn't the answer up front, I still think MacDonald needs to start more games, but the club got it wrong.

Interesting to see how much the Daggers game will be...

Well said.

Im sick of the bloody moaning. We are in the top 6 yet theres a horrible negative undercurrent at the club at the moment.

I have to listen to 3 or 4 idiots in the stand each game slating everyone and everything, even when we are 4-1 up to Huddersfield. (who probably think they are hard core "fans").

Get some perspective people and get over yourselves.

God Im moaning about moaning, its infectious.

Collis out!, Get Gower off!, tickets cost £5 too much!, why arent the club crucified on a stake after every mistake or poor result !

Boo hoo.

Jeez, could be worse we could be Col U in the relegation zone lets move on.

In the division above us though.

The Club has taken some abuse over the ticket prices, but I'm pretty bored of hearing about it now.

Haven't we covered Harrold on about 1,000 plus threads on hear?!

In the division above us though.

They still have more to complain about than we do.

After last season Im not sure getting beaten week in week out is any more enjoyable than competing for a play off spot in the division below....

Back