• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MrB

Life President
A couple of days away but with all the negativity surrounding the stadium and winding up order, thought it might be a decent distraction to think about this weekend's game.

Form:
Torquay - WWWLLD - 10th - 42 points
Southend - WLWWWD - 11th - 42 points

A win (and a lot of favourable results) could see us move into the play off spots, who'd have thought that a couple of months ago. Torquay are on a good run though, three successive wins, albeit they were against League 2's current bottom three. They lost their top scorer Benyon to Swindon on deadline day.

Southend are currently on a 4 match away winning streak, the last time that happened was this little sequence of matches back in 00/01:

10 Dec 2000 - Canvey Isl. 1 - 2 Southend (super Scotty Forbes)
22 Dec 2000 - Shrewsbury 0 - 1 Southend
01 Jan 2001 - Brighton 0 - 2 Southend
20 Jan 2001 - Leyton Orient 0 - 2 Southend (who let the Abbey out)

Now, if memory serves, the FA Cup game against Canvey was actually played at Roots Hall but it still counts! A win on Saturday will make it 5 and according to the excellent SUFC database our all time record is 6 (god knows how long ago that was!).

What odds of a win on Saturday, turning over Morecambe and then setting a new club record against Tilly up in Lincolnshire???

Last edited:
Would be great. With Port Vale (7th currently) playing on friday, the outcome could inspire the team.

I've been to Plainmoor two or three times and can't remember us getting a result. But as we all know, football is a capricious mistress. :unsure:

He'll be in 'The Hole In The Wall' (near the harbour) with me. :smiles:

How far is that from the ground? Remember that us on the coach will have to be dropped at the ground, so we don't have much time to travel to & from the pub! A decent pub near the ground would be useful!!

Southend are currently on a 4 match away winning streak, the last time that happened was this little sequence of matches back in 00/01:

10 Dec 2000 - Canvey Isl. 1 - 2 Southend (super Scotty Forbes)
22 Dec 2000 - Shrewsbury 0 - 1 Southend
01 Jan 2001 - Brighton 0 - 2 Southend
20 Jan 2001 - Leyton Orient 0 - 2 Southend (who let the Abbey out)

Did someone on here not say that we won four in a row two seasons ago? Peterborough and Brighton were two of them IIRC...

Did someone on here not say that we won four in a row two seasons ago? Peterborough and Brighton were two of them IIRC...

That would have been me and yes you are correct.

21/02/09 Colchester 1-0
28/02/09 Peterborough 2-1
10/03/09 Brighton 3-1
14/03/09 Hereford 1-0

:thumbsup:

Hi, haven't posted for yonks. With Torquay losing their top scorer we have a decent chance here. Their website gives us little mention so they could underestimate us. Good! UTB.

As I understand it, pretty much the whole of the back 4 (plus Coughlan) from Tuesday night are crocked so they're thinking about recalling Prosser and presumably playing Herd too!

As I understand it, pretty much the whole of the back 4 (plus Coughlan) from Tuesday night are crocked so they're thinking about recalling Prosser and presumably playing Herd too!

:omg: I still have nightmares about his 'performance' at Burton.

That would have been me and yes you are correct.

21/02/09 Colchester 1-0
28/02/09 Peterborough 2-1
10/03/09 Brighton 3-1
14/03/09 Hereford 1-0

:thumbsup:
I stand corrected! Poor stattage on my part. Let's hope we make it 5 so it's irrelevant!

Back