• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As I understand it, pretty much the whole of the back 4 (plus Coughlan) from Tuesday night are crocked so they're thinking about recalling Prosser and presumably playing Herd too!

Ye gods just when I had learnt to live with the thought of 3 sided stadiums, and tax man on the warpath now the thought of Prosser returning, am now going off for one of my sulks:darkcloud:

Last edited:
I've been to Plainmoor two or three times and can't remember us getting a result. But as we all know, football is a capricious mistress. :unsure:

Just a thought on not getting a result there, wasn't our win against Wycombe the first time we had beaten them at home?

Lets hope we can keep that trend going!

I have good memories of Torquay away, wasn't that the game ages ago around Christmas or New year, where they invited the away fans to a festive party after?

Injury crisis at the Hall!

Sturrock talking about getting players in on loan - has someone not told him yet!!

Injury crisis at the Hall!

Sturrock talking about getting players in on loan - has someone not told him yet!!

Makes me spitting mad. PS comes out with "We may well have to get people in on loan and I have been looking high and low to see who is available.

"However, we won't be rushed into making any panic signings and we will wait to make sure we get the right kind of player." News flash, we needed loan players before these latest injuries, as he also stated, and as for not being rushed what a crock of runny brown stuff. He has had ages.

Makes me spitting mad. PS comes out with "We may well have to get people in on loan and I have been looking high and low to see who is available.

"However, we won't be rushed into making any panic signings and we will wait to make sure we get the right kind of player." News flash, we needed loan players before these latest injuries, as he also stated, and as for not being rushed what a crock of runny brown stuff. He has had ages.

It's not that easy to sign players you know.
PS is under a very very tight budget, so he doesn't want to waste a months wages on someone who isn't the right player.

It's not that easy to sign players you know.
PS is under a very very tight budget, so he doesn't want to waste a months wages on someone who isn't the right player.

I am not suggesting its easy, but he does not need to come out talking about transfers now in a way that suggests they have only just become necessary. Also he can drop the bull about not being rushed. The manner in which he spoke was an insult to the intelligence of the fans and smacked of 'I will tell them that, they won't know better'.

Especially when his loan signings so far, havent really worked...

Yep, exactly he probably doesn't want to make the same mistake.

I am not suggesting its easy, but he does not need to come out talking about transfers now in a way that suggests they have only just become necessary. Also he can drop the bull about not being rushed. The manner in which he spoke was an insult to the intelligence of the fans and smacked of 'I will tell them that, they won't know better'.

Fair enough.
I presume he is talking about transfers to make us aware that he is still looking.
I'm confused by the point in bold, probably missed something.

If our back for consists of an unfit Phillips, Prosser, Herd and (maybe) Clohessy, at least I can lower my expectation levels appropriately.

Looks like that run of 5 away wins on the bounce will be some time yet in coming.

Would rather see Grant at centre back and bring in Sawyer into the midfield, than Prosser. I know Kane is a CB but hes done so well in that holding roll, wouyld be a shame to see him drop back into defence.

Their Social Club is pretty good - they're quite friendly in there as long as you're not from Exeter. :smile:

Last time I went there it was all fizzy pop so had to resort to Guinness - may have changed - but to be on the safe side I will be in the Hole in the Wall with Shrimpero

Myself, Dirtybeats & a few mates shall be attending, will be heading to the Hole in the Wall after the match :thumbsup:

Just a thought on not getting a result there, wasn't our win against Wycombe the first time we had beaten them at home?

Lets hope we can keep that trend going!

I have good memories of Torquay away, wasn't that the game ages ago around Christmas or New year, where they invited the away fans to a festive party after?

We actually won promotion at Plainmoor back in 1980/1. For those old enough to remember........Southend are going up, fly the flag, fly the flag!! It was a Saturday evening kick off and we technically won promotion before kick off as Aldershot failed to win, but we still beat Torquay and popped a cork or two........on the way home, we became starnded in a snow drift in Reading........in May!!!!!!!!

Back