• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trainers with a formal suit.

Trainers Phenomena sweeping London.

• I am wearing trainers now and I look hot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Today coming out the gym I notied three - yes three people leaving the same time as me. All three had white trainers on with a formal suit.

Now I am not saying they wear them all the time and clearly they have a smart pair of shoes in the office but is it me or is this really stupid.

Surely as a bloke you can wear a smart pair of shoes all day without getting sore feet. I know women bleat on about having uncomfy shoes but for a man to need to wear trainers as his feet hurt is just bent.

Maybe there is another reason I am over looking but personally I find this sport shoe Phenomena somewhat offsenive.

Thoughts please?

How about Birkenstocks with a formal suit?
My mate turned up for a wedding like this and got pelters all night.
I thought it looked quite smart to be honest & not at all Miami Vice!

a sharp suit with some cool white allstars can look quite good... and at uni a few went to the balls wearing suits and dunlops... can look cool but it depends who is wearing it. leaving from the gym or on the train and you'll just look like a ****. even worse are fat birds with those MDT or whatever trainers that are curved at the bottom

a sharp suit with some cool white allstars can look quite good... and at uni a few went to the balls wearing suits and dunlops... can look cool but it depends who is wearing it. leaving from the gym or on the train and you'll just look like a ****. even worse are fat birds with those MDT or whatever trainers that are curved at the bottom

If anyone turned at a party of mine wearing a sharp suit and coll white allstars (Whatever they are??) I would stove their head in with a shovel.

:mad:

20dres1.jpg

Agreed. This little nugget is a total no no in my book. I work in Chelmsford not far from the train station and every morning, without fail, I see many commuters walking past my place in trainers and a suit. This, I might add, is not just confined to the male gender. I also see a fair few females in their pink or blue Nikes, dressed up to the nines in a nicely tailored skirt and jacket and I can't help but think to myself that, despite what the face looks like and despite what the body is shaped like, it really shouldn't be allowed.

I understand that this phenomenon has something to do with what is being called as 'power walking'. Apparently it's the art of walking at a double quick pace to whatever station you happen to be commuting from in order to relieve the guilt from being sat behind a desk at work from 9 to 5 on a daily basis.

Anyway, for whatever reason, it's just not cricket. It's not big, it's not clever and above all it makes you look a complete and utter muppet of the highest order.

I say it reeks of "tosser."

If I see a geezer in a suit with trainers I'm torn between the assumption that I'm looking at a Soho media-type ********** or a fashion victim who wants everyone to think that despite being smart and successful, they are also "street."

Either way, the geezer is a total w@nk-sock.

i agree, totally stoopid look.

I will however admit that i only drive in trainers, not sure why, just more comfortable that way, but if wearing a suit, will put my shoes on BEFORE getting out of the car.

Its wrong.
Secondly to the guy who goes to my paper shop wearing grey jog bottoms and black brogues thats wrong too.

Actually Dave, I am one of those who wear my trainers to and from the gym during my lunch hour. Yes I am aware it looks a bit odd but its only a few minutes walk and saves me having to carry my trainers.

Back