• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Seeing the likes of Barnet and York making the sort of signings we should be making in order to get us out of this tin pot division is really disheartening, whatever the circumstances.
Yes , just seen Nick Hayes has signed for Barnet, must have missed that one, appologies if it's already been posted elswhere

York about to unveil Pearce, Felix, Male and what looks like ANG?

Ron is killing us. Again. God knows how Kev must be feeling.

Fair play to York (and Barnet) but when teams like this are making the kind of signings that would no doubt help us in our attempts to get out of this poxy league whilst we once again have our hands tied because of that ****.. it makes looking forward to next season difficult.

True enough but do you think we’d have been in with a shout of luring him down to Essex? Reading that tweet is a bit like a kick in the balls.

From my understanding, we were an option, a strong option. I don’t believe we agreed anything with him though like we’ve done with McCullam (last summer, not this summer) or Dallas previously.

I always felt the lure of teaming up with his old boss, was going to be too strong. I think York are throwing a bit of money at it again.

Fair play to York (and Barnet) but when teams like this are making the kind of signings that would no doubt help us in our attempts to get out of this poxy league whilst we once again have our hands tied because of that ****.. it makes looking forward to next season difficult.
if there is a next season we haven't been wound up. and that in itself is worth celebrating. **** Ron Martin. ****

Justin Johnson, a previous name on the whiteboard, has signed for Macclesfield, who claim to have beaten sides from the National League & Nation League North to his signature.

Not 100% certain if we are one of those, but he definitely was on the whiteboard previously. Not sure if he was a target this summer or not.

Justin Johnson, a previous name on the whiteboard, has signed for Macclesfield, who claim to have beaten sides from the National League & Nation League North to his signature.

Not 100% certain if we are one of those, but he definitely was on the whiteboard previously. Not sure if he was a target this summer or not.
What is the situation on some players wanting to join still even with the poxy embargo in place any willing to wait a little longer or not . I guess the thing is we don’t no how quick it could be to remove this embargo firstly ..

Someone has commented on here that our current situation makes it difficult to look forward to next season. I certainly understand that sentiment.

If I'm honest, last season was one of the most enjoyable seasons I've had following and watching the Blues, winning a lot of games, big crowds home and away, robust positive support and a real appreciative bond between the fans, players and coaching staff, forged by the state and challenges our club finds itself in.

Call me delusional, but I'm confident we'll be ready to go at the start of the season and have a club to support.

I was as devastated as any long-term fan when we got relegated to the NL. Once I understood the dynamics of the league and more importantly how difficult It was to get promoted back into the EFL, I prepared myself to potentially be in the NL for an extended
period of time.

I certainly, will never stop passionately supporting my club whatever league they are in. I'll only judge the manager, coaching staff, players and new owners when it's "Bleeding Obvious" that I'm supporting a stable, well-organized club that has been able to be run in a professional manor with the realistic resources to be successful over an extended period of time. We might still be a couple of seasons away from that situation.

Back