• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Putting all the doom and gloom aside. The side we have is well capable of gaining promotion next season.

For the purposes of a balanced discussion, the team that played a number of very (very) drab games (losing to Gateshead, losing to York, not scoring at Oxford City for example) did not seem capable of very much at all.

In other games, the team were electric.

I am in no doubt that we need to add to the squad if Southend United are going to put in the consistent performances that are required when pushing for promotion.

It really doesn't matter ATM, last season we were docked points, had a tranfer embargo until Christmas but yet stiil nearly made a play off place.

It would of course be great to add to the team right now but i am not flustered, I am sure as per last season if the need be we will find the players to lift us higher.

The first thing we need is to keep the basis of what we have and hopefully push on next year.

When you have a Rat who (****ing loves the club) but is tantamount to distroying us at the same time through greed, we just have to hope we do have a new season to look forward to.

Last edited:
As much as I would have liked to have snapped up Pearce, we signed a prolific striker from the league below during the season just gone.

Waldron has settled in nicely and with a proper pre-season along with having had time to bed into the team could well out perform him next season.

Once the embargo is dealt with we need to sign another proven striker at this level to be an alternative to Cards

Just to cheer up everyone on here for a moment. Marcus Dackers is waiting for us. He is a Shrimper. I like him a lot adds to our squad in different ways. Not many better than him in the National League as a super sub. Get him scoring regularly then Wow!
I’d be very pleased with Dackers as one of our striking quartet.

Just to cheer up everyone on here for a moment. Marcus Dackers is waiting for us. He is a Shrimper. I like him a lot adds to our squad in different ways. Not many better than him in the National League as a super sub. Get him scoring regularly then Wow!
Nah, not everyone.
If we are able to sign Dackers then we it means we survived.
If we survived then it means the consortium is in charge.
If the consortium is in charge, then we can do better.

Nah, not everyone.
If we are able to sign Dackers then we it means we survived.
If we survived then it means the consortium is in charge.
If the consortium is in charge, then we can do better.
He’s a good player. Will fill in for Cards when unfit, is a presence up top and can score goals. The management team want him, that’s good enough for me.

As much as I would have liked to have snapped up Pearce, we signed a prolific striker from the league below during the season just gone.

Waldron has settled in nicely and with a proper pre-season along with having had time to bed into the team could well out perform him next season.

Once the embargo is dealt with we need to sign another proven striker at this level to be an alternative to Cards
Paul McCallum would be the one I would like to see join unless he ends up elsewhere due to the poxy embargo like many others .

He’s a good player. Will fill in for Cards when unfit, is a presence up top and can score goals. The management team want him, that’s good enough for me.
Opinions.
Showed glimpses at Solihull of what he could do.
Not consistent enough though.
We need goal scorers now to get out of this league.

Of course all a distant idea at the moment given the current ****storm.

Opinions.
Showed glimpses at Solihull of what he could do.
Not consistent enough though.
We need goal scorers now to get out of this league.

Of course all a distant idea at the moment given the current ****storm.
Yeah agreed, all this chat feels somewhat irrelevant.

He needs to learn to use his attributes better, then he’ll progress fast. Take Big Emile, he looked dreadful then it clicked and he’s a level above us now. Marcus is more mobile than he ever was. We need goals but we need squad depth too.

We probably could do better than Dackers, however, I don't there are many that are many his age, his profile and his potential that are.

Sure he had plenty of dud games but the lad has ridiculous feet and ability on the ball for his size - can you imagine if he adds a bit of composure to his finishing - he'd be unplayable at times.

Barry Corr and Leon Constantine were playes of a similar profile, units with decent ball playing ability that had hardly ripped it up pre us, but it clicked and they were superb- Dackers may become that.

Whats wrong with signing players on a non contract beses whilst the Umbargo is in place, give them the promise that once embargo is removed they will have a contract which is agreed upon by both parties,and any shortage off wages will be made up . Surely they would be happy with that Bridge ,Demi i think not sure there were others, They would train with us play as did Bridge etc , Couldnt we also give them ghost jobs whilst we under embargo such as helping the groundsmen, in Demi place wasnt he made a trainer for the youths

Whats wrong with signing players on a non contract beses whilst the Umbargo is in place, give them the promise that once embargo is removed they will have a contract which is agreed upon by both parties,and any shortage off wages will be made up . Surely they would be happy with that Bridge ,Demi i think not sure there were others, They would train with us play as did Bridge etc , Couldnt we also give them ghost jobs whilst we under embargo such as helping the groundsmen, in Demi place wasnt he made a trainer for the youths
We have to have fewer than 16 players to sign non-contracts

If (big if) we can sign players soon and we have 4 forwards of Waldron, Cards, McCallum & Dackers I would be pretty pleased
I thought it was mentioned somewhere that the McCallum ship had sailed last year and not being pursued this

Back