• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
2 things 1 we need to get rid of that family from our club 2 Then the consortium need to restore the good name of our club. As for bringing in players well as there is no window we can still bring players in.

I know a lot of us have been waxing lyrical about Uggla for his donation to our beleaguered staff last year, but he does seem quite an odd chap and extremely divisive. I know it’s a long way away but much have rather people like COSU in charge of our club. He’ll get bored and put his family’s money elsewhere when someone says the wrong thing.

Last edited:
I think for our own sanity’s sake we need to accept that those very top targets aren’t coming, in part due to the ongoing efforts to prise the club from the Martins’ grip. Pearce arguably might always have chosen York.

When, and only when, a transaction for the club & Roots Hall completes (it seems to me unless I’ve missed something which could allow player investment / signings before that) we will be able to consider options available then. If we manage to convince a player or two to wait for that, it’ll be a welcome bonus.

Holding out hopes at this point for player A or player B feels destined to bring waves of disappointment throughout June. :Cry:

My feelings for ratty and ratty jr feel like they might be as close as I’ll ever get to real, genuine hatred. They are the scum of the earth.

Think if we survive to start next season. By that time most decent players will be signed up elsewhere.
It will probably be another wasted season, but survival is the main objective for now.
I’m sure we can still do a mid table or better finish. Going up as champions will be highly unlikely.

Think if we survive to start next season. By that time most decent players will be signed up elsewhere.
It will probably be another wasted season, but survival is the main objective for now.
I’m sure we can still do a mid table or better finish. Going up as champions will be highly unlikely.
I think we have to remember how good this group of players actually are. Never underestimate them. Id be comfortable saying we would make playoffs with this squad but only IF (a massive if) we keep them all

The Pearce one I am gutted but not devastated. If we miss out on McCallum again I’m going to put dog **** under the Bentley’s wiper blades!
I’m very surprised someone hasn’t already put something under Ron’s Bentley

This.

We have a squad and coaching team that can keep us up even if the league do slap us with another points deduction

If the takeover does happen, the 2025-26 season will be the one where we can sign targets and make a real ush for title

Meanwhile we just need to prey for survival and hope Maher can keep performing miracles

If season tickets do go on sale as hinted at elsewhere you'd think it would be rather difficult to face court for an unsettled WUP straight after. The WUP would have to be settled rather than adjourned and if as I understand it player contracts normally expire around the same time then player recruitment shouldn't be catastrophically affected as some are suggesting. If we make it to the starting line we should be in good shape.

If the consortium sort out the wages this week then everything will depend on getting this all done by the end of June. Who'd put more money in after that ?

Last edited:
I know a lot of us have been waxing lyrical about Uggla for his donation to our beleaguered staff last year, but he does seem quite an odd chap and extremely divisive. I know it’s a long way away but much have rather people like COSU in charge of our club. He’ll get bored and put his family’s money elsewhere when someone says the wrong thing.

Yep. I spoke to one of their fans before our game at RH, and he said the general consensus was mixed feelings about Uggla.

Loosing Powell with a transfer embargo is ridiculously bad business

He simply has to stay until we can bring in an upgrade

That's a pestimistic view.
We have the same players as last year with 3 new guys bedded in.
In spite of a 10 point penalty we lost a play off spot by drawing 3 games that we really should have won.
6 points lost.
We regularly had crowds of over 7,000.
Often taking 500, 800, 1,000 fans away.
We played very attractive football.
Why not get promoted next season?

Back