• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business)

Transfer news
Who do we expect to leave.

Obviously those not under contract who are surplus but do we expect anyone to go for a fee. What sort of fee would you allow the following to go for?

Colin maybe 100k
Cards the same
Gus 50-75k
Miley 50k
Kensdale 100k

Personally wouldnt want to lose any of them.
Considering we got (from what I understood) 200k-ish for Dalby those figures seem a tad pessimistic to me.

Obviously those not under contract who are surplus but do we expect anyone to go for a fee. What sort of fee would you allow the following to go for?

Colin maybe 100k
Cards the same
Gus 50-75k
Miley 50k
Kensdale 100k

Taylor - £50m

Non League Maldini

Colin maybe 100k
Cards the same
Gus 50-75k
Miley 50k
Kensdale 100k

Considering what we are paying for players from the league below, this is massively undervaluing our players.

Who do we expect to leave?

Obviously those not under contract who are surplus but do we expect anyone to go for a fee? What sort of fee would you allow the following to go for?

Collin maybe 100k
Cards the same
Gus 50-75k
Miley 50k
Kensdale 100k

Personally wouldn't want to lose any of them.

Answer: I don't expect any of those listed to leave. As you say I would not want to lose any of them.

Uncertainty remains - the key issue being the sale of the club of course.

For me, there is very little evidence to date to substantiate other elements being mentioned such as a reduction in the salary budget or interest in players from other clubs.

It's early days. I shall sit on my hands & wait.

Colin maybe 100k
Cards the same
Gus 50-75k
Miley 50k
Kensdale 100k

I don’t expect any of them to go this summer.

It makes no sense to sell a first team player in your plans (and under contract for at least a season) for as little as £50k.

It’d likely cost at least that to replace them (agents fees, signing on fees, transfer fees etc).

It would probably need to be a transfer fee of at least three or four times that to be even worth considering and there won’t be many clubs happy to pay that for NL players.

The maths maybe changes a bit by January if you’re going to be losing the player for nothing in the summer but for now they are likely worth more to us chasing promotion than they are to any buyer.

Collin is maybe most likely to be an exception to the rule. He’s likely severely underpaid relative to the squad and his importance and so might start agitating for a move. He also probably has the highest value due to the scarcity of keepers who can play out from the back. A new L1 manager wanting to implement a modern style of play would need a keeper like him (and a centre half like Kensdale). Whilst most academy players play that way there aren’t many available who are tried and tested in senior football.

I’d still say Collin is more likely than not to start the season with us.

If we could get a marquee in like McCallum with 90% of last season's squad alongside the new ownership then gates could increase dramatically.

Really hope they’ll look at the North West and maybe share the north bank…. add the fan zone with the non-football ideas then hopefully there will be a fair bit of revenue to reinvest

If we could get a marquee in like McCallum with 90% of last season's squad alongside the new ownership then gates could increase dramatically.

Really hope they’ll look at the North West and maybe share the north bank…. add the fan zone with the non-football ideas then hopefully there will be a fair bit of revenue to reinvest
If they want gates to increase dramatically they need to invest in the ground rather than the squad.

We were already bumping up against the capacity second half of the season - and that’s without a Ron style marquee signing.

The worry is that the takeover isn’t completed in time for remedial works to be arranged for this summer.

It’s all gone very quiet on that front. Can’t blame the Consortium for that. I wouldn’t want to be paying for works on an asset I don’t yet own.

Back