• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Jasrod

Negan lookalike⭐
There was a time when football teams played with two attacking goal scoring wingers. They didn’t have to do the full back job as well.

They would weigh with a good number of goals.

Derek Woodley, John McKinven, Terry Johnson, Colin Morris, Terry Gray, Martin Ling, Andy Ansah, Rick Otto, even Ryan Hall and Kevan Hurst.

The wide players whoever they are need to get their share of goals from open play. Bridge, Egbri, Demetriou etc…
Don’t worry I guarantee Arnold will get at least 2 goals this season

Smiffy

SZ Drinking Champion
A crowd of over 6,000 for the draw against Wrexham would suggest that the income from gate receipts is holding up. And perhaps that holds the key to any funding.

I don't know what the club has budgeted for but it would have been prudent for the club to consider that attendances might be lower due to the lower division. Who knows.
I can’t remember the exact figure (possibly 2,300) but I do know the season tickets sales very comfortably exceeded the clubs projections. So you would hope there’s at least a semi-decent “warchest” should we require it.

Last edited:

Supershrimper

First XI⭐
A crowd of over 6,000 for the draw against Wrexham would suggest that the income from gate receipts is holding up. And perhaps that holds the key to any funding.

I don't know what the club has budgeted for but it would have been prudent for the club to consider that attendances might be lower due to the lower division. Who knows.
What was the away attendance like for that match. Couldn't get to it as I was on holiday in Gloucestershire. Would be good if they have budgeted for less and crowds are above where they expected them to be.

However, we only a government decision away from greater restrictions and it would have an effect on the budget.

RHB

Super Moderator ⭐
Staff member
What was the away attendance like for that match. Couldn't get to it as I was on holiday in Gloucestershire. Would be good if they have budgeted for less and crowds are above where they expected them to be.

However, we only a government decision away from greater restrictions and it would have an effect on the budget.
The figure given was around 500+ but a lot of the Wrexham fans were just waved in. I would imagine there were over 1000 actually in the North Stand

sufc4life21

Newbie⭐
If Ron is going to stick his hand in his pocket. We need left sided centre back, which will allow ralph to go left wing back. Attack minded CM would be welcome addition to. That should give us plenty of options going forward.

Just waved in? The difference between 581 & 1,000 fans is 419 x £20 = over £8,000.

That would keep Phil Brown in tanning sessions for much of the season ..........

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Just waved in? The difference between 581 & 1,000 fans is 419 x £20 = over £8,000.

That would keep Phil Brown in tanning sessions for much of the season ..........

I think it was more of a case of people already having tickets but just showing rather than scanning. I've been reliably informed that it was just the one turnstile and was roughly 150 odd Welshman.

With that in mind there was probably 750 odd in there.

Jasrod

Negan lookalike⭐
In the west stand as well there were at least 50 that were allowed through the gate for cash instead of queuing for a ticket. Whilst all the season ticket holders that had not had there season tickets sent to them had to still queue outside until about 5 mins after kick off where they started to let season ticket holders that could prove on their phone they had purchased a season ticket(s) through the gate as well. Also easily close to 1k in the away end!!

Ozzer

Coach⭐
There was a time when football teams played with two attacking goal scoring wingers. They didn’t have to do the full back job as well.

They would weigh with a good number of goals.

Derek Woodley, John McKinven, Terry Johnson, Colin Morris, Terry Gray, Martin Ling, Andy Ansah, Rick Otto, even Ryan Hall and Kevan Hurst.

The wide players whoever they are need to get their share of goals from open play. Bridge, Egbri, Demetriou etc…
He’s been pretty lively during the first few games but playing him on the left wing when he is so one-footed is frustrating. If we can see he is always going to come back on to his right foot, every team will soon cancel him out.

Danshrimper

Manager
Ron promised us 6/7 players in January when we had Sol Campbell in league one. Then we had nothing but an embargo. I don't believe when he says we can sign more. It's just the same as before. We have to move players on first.
But it’s not the same as before though is it. We don’t have an embargo.