• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

I beg to differ. Performed consistently for the u23s for Fagan last season whilst MM dissmissed him new got relegated. PB come in, Fagan got Rush his chance and he took it. Winner against leyton orient and decent unbeaten last 3 games all of which he played a part in. Rush had a decent preseason even though he was not partnered with Murphy or Dalby but Kargbo. I hear he trains very hard and is hungry to succeed.
Unfortunately for young Matt when he has finally got on the pitch this season, We have looked finished as a team and have run out of ideas.

Even at Wealdstone, Kargbo went out on our right for goal kick but Arny kicked it left. Same in open play, if Kargbo has nothing aimed at his head then how will Matt get on the end of anything.

Likewise Matt cant poach a goal if we create no pressure. Against Aldershot we were 2 and 3-1 down we were taking short, square free kicks on the halfway line and putting players under pressure.

We are in the NL, launch it in the box because thats the last thing the oppo want.

Funny in hindsight how preseason fixtures went First team playing u23s and our u23s playing national league south teams. Think we can all see our true competitive level now... Just one question, would our u23s spank our first team?

I beg to differ. Performed consistently for the u23s for Fagan last season whilst MM dissmissed him new got relegated. PB come in, Fagan got Rush his chance and he took it. Winner against leyton orient and decent unbeaten last 3 games all of which he played a part in. Rush had a decent preseason even though he was not partnered with Murphy or Dalby but Kargbo. I hear he trains very hard and is hungry to succeed.

Have you seen out current league position? Rush has scored against or for quite a few teams, just below or the same standard as us in the national league south. Not much more Rush can do if he is not getting game time. Send him out on loan If Kargbo and Dennis are the solution, and Dalby and Murphy of course.
i hear he trains hard too and wants to succeed, there are a lot of footballers who want to succeed, and yes i have seen is under 23 record and it is impressive. With respect though Under 23’s football isnt first team football it is very different. As I said I would love to see him succeed and he does deserve a longer run in the team, but PB isnt the only manager to look past him to a degree and I wonder am wondering why that is.

As for the sarcasm, yes I have seen the league position and I have seen it for the last what ever number of years, but we should loan him out if he isnt going to play its fair to him and thats what we should be doing.

i hear he trains hard too and wants to succeed, there are a lot of footballers who want to succeed, and yes i have seen is under 23 record and it is impressive. With respect though Under 23’s football isnt first team football it is very different. As I said I would love to see him succeed and he does deserve a longer run in the team, but PB isnt the only manager to look past him to a degree and I wonder am wondering why that is.

As for the sarcasm, yes I have seen the league position and I have seen it for the last what ever number of years, but we should loan him out if he isnt going to play its fair to him and thats what we should be doing.
His record against men’s teams - in friendlies, out on loan, coming on to score the winner against Orient - is also decent though.
I sort of get why Molesley didn’t play him (didn’t suit Molesley’s system) - although for my money better than Goodship, Halford etc but the player he most resembles is a younger, more clinical and falling over less Murphy. He should be getting chances coming off the bench to replace Murphy and be paired with Dalby - particularly when Murphy was misfiring at the start of the season.

His record against men’s teams - in friendlies, out on loan, coming on to score the winner against Orient - is also decent though.
I sort of get why Molesley didn’t play him (didn’t suit Molesley’s system) - although for my money better than Goodship, Halford etc but the player he most resembles is a younger, more clinical and falling over less Murphy. He should be getting chances coming off the bench to replace Murphy and be paired with Dalby - particularly when Murphy was misfiring at the start of the season.
Again don‘t disagree, I personally fell PB is going to end up with sone form of 4-2-3-1 formation so we protect the back 4, especially if we have very little pace back there. if that happens then it will be similar to the MM situation i guess

Fair enough. Personally think he would keep a starting place in the team, if he was given a run of games. Let's see. Apologies for my poor saracasm, tough viewing looking at the league table so early on!!

Its almost like Rush wasn't Molesley's cup of tea:Think:

Fair enough. Personally think he would keep a starting place in the team, if he was given a run of games. Let's see. Apologies for my poor saracasm, tough viewing looking at the league table so early on!!
Where would he be playing or who would he replace?

Last edited:
Back