• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

The same Phil Brown whose "motivational" team talk on the pitch at Hull lead to 1 win in the next 19 league games?
Didn't he keep them up? And lead them to therre highest finish! Look I'm not saying Phil's great and results are ****! But surely we can't do any worse? Maybe Molesley?

Is Nile ranger training with us
He is training with a club. He has a 6 month old kid he sees a few times a week in East London somewhere so he is training close to the kid so could be a lot of London/ Essex clubs he might be training with. I don't know how many would be that stupid to take him on though.

Just a little update.

As we all know, Josh Wright is training with the Club, and I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if he is signed up till January/Summer.

We are in talks with a forward from a league one Club, hopefully that should get over the line before we return to action next time out.

We are also in talks with a number of other players. Some free agents, some are at Clubs already and would be “undisclosed”, or released by mutual consent to sign for us, or possibly loans. I was told we could have one or two in the building before the next match. Josh Wright WASNT one that of those, so who knows it could be three/four or could easily be no one. Time will tell, but the Club are confident or getting new bodies in.

The positions we are looking for haven’t changed. PB still wants a left sided centre half, still wants another forward and in an ideal world would like another winger.

They maybe those positions we bring in, they may not. If PB finds a right back, for arguments sake, who he thinks will improve us, he’ll bring them in. We are always looking to improve the squad.

The two loanees, Dennis is still happy here, and enjoying his first taste of “men’s” football. Kargbo is too, but as I’ve said all along, if we can get someone else in, don’t be surprised to see us not extend his month to month loan.

People have said we don’t need another forward, but I disagree, I said on another thread we do, and I’ll say again. Murphy & Dalby, think we can all agreed have looked good and will score goals, but behind them looks very bare. Dennis is seen as a wide player, Kargbo I’ve touched on, and Rush is an unproven youngster. If we are 0-0 and chasing 3 points, or 1-0 down and looking for a leveller, or one of our front two gets injured, we desperately need another forward.

I think our break has come at the perfect time. The players are still onboard with PB, no one had an issue with the infamous 10km run they did, and the players and management team are hurting about the run of form. The management team are working round the clock to put things right, whether it happens or not time will tell, but they are working their nuts off. Something we haven’t seen from a group of players since Powell’s first half season in charge.

How does Rush prove himself if he’s isn’t given opportunities? Another loanee just pushes him further down the pecking order. He impressed in his limited opportunities in a division higher up last year and is for some reason now behind Kargbo, an even less proven player, who isn’t even ours and who we expect will be gone at the first opportunity.

How does Rush prove himself if he’s isn’t given opportunities? Another loanee just pushes him further down the pecking order. He impressed in his limited opportunities in a division higher up last year and is for some reason now behind Kargbo, an even less proven player, who isn’t even ours and who we expect will be gone at the first opportunity.

He is given opportunities day in day out by training, his pre-season matches, friendlies etc.

If we bring in another, expect to see Kargbo go back, but if we bring in another there is no guarantee they’ll start or even be ahead of Rush.

Let’s say Murphy or Dalby get injured, then it could be Rush partnering the one who isn’t injured with loanee on the bench. If someone got injured, we’d all be screaming out for a new signing up top.

Still worries me PB isn’t looking for any creative attacking centre mids. Another striker still won’t score if he doesn’t get chances, unless we’re planning to go route one.

He is!

Just because you’ve not read the story, or seen a rumour linking us with one, doesn’t mean we aren’t looking.

Add to that, how are Akinola, Ang, Phillips, Gard, Kinali, Walsh, Hobson, Howard, Sayers etc etc seemingly frozen out?

Add to that, how are Akinola, Ang, Phillips, Gard, Kinali, Walsh, Hobson, Howard, Sayers etc etc seeming frozen out,

Akinola and ANG, forget about.

I didn’t look at the Torquay match, but Walsh came on against Aldershot, and Hobson started so hardly frozen out. Howard, hasn’t he been on the bench this season? Sayers was signed as a 23 player for the season, his good form in pre-season means he is training with the first team. Phillips has appeared too.

Kinali is coming back from an injury.

I didn’t look at the Torquay match, but Walsh came on against Aldershot, and Hobson started so hardly frozen out. Howard, hasn’t he been on the bench this season? Sayers was signed as a 23 player for the season, his good form in pre-season means he is training with the first team. Phillips has appeared too.

Are you able to give us any more info on Akinola and ANG? Strange that PB wants another winger but wants them both out. I thought ANG would be a decent asset at this level.

Is it a wages thing or is there a personality clash going on? Or do we owe Crawley some money if he makes another appearance or something?

He must of been rubbish on Wednesday then only scoring 6 albeit against kids. I can't wait for him to be fully fit. :Winking:

Back