• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From an Ip**** fans forum talking about Ferdinand ...

They'd buy him if the fee was £750k but not at the suspected £2m-£3m price tag :smile: :hilarious:

And as for Hall ... my view is its fee agreed, terms agreed then signing announced*

* subject to a medical

Ie, assuming parts 1 and 2 had been done and dusted there is no way on earth Hall would've played last night so utter sloblocks for me

The Hall rumour first came from someone on twitter saying "their mate told them", seeing as how people on here treat "my mate said" rumours I would wait until theres some more concrete evidence before worrying.

“@AbdulazizALkoot: Breaking News : this week Nottingham Forest will set meeting with Nicky Maynard , Ryan Hall and two other players agent #NFFC”

A bit different from the guy earlier saying it was pretty much done, all hearsay at the minute I think. Of course that could be the optimist in me talking.

Ryan Hall is a fantastic player, and we would all love him to stay. But if we can get anywhere near £500k we should bite their hands off, as long as it's partly used restructure the squas . I also feel David Martin has a lot of potential and could be a direct replacement, a run of 10/15 games could see him flourish.

But as it stands, just a rumour!!

Everyone has their price, but would obviously need to balance the financial cost of promotion if we sold Hall vs. the benefits etc. However, not sure I would sell him for £500k (at this stage of the season anyway).

Everyone has their price, but would obviously need to balance the financial cost of promotion if we sold Hall vs. the benefits etc. However, not sure I would sell him for £500k (at this stage of the season anyway).

With only one year left on his deal we'd snap their hand off if they offered £500k plus add-ons. Would be a big loss but with Martin and Hurst (plus maybe Brogan too) it wouldn't be disastrous to our chances of promotion. Hope it's bollox though....

Club state they have had no offers for Hall.

Southend United ‏@SUFCRootsHall
@TBVSUFC Won't be a statement but it's not true. We've had no offers for Hall.

With only one year left on his deal we'd snap their hand off if they offered £500k plus add-ons. Would be a big loss but with Martin and Hurst (plus maybe Brogan too) it wouldn't be disastrous to our chances of promotion. Hope it's bollox though....

Im sure it's bollox (fingers crossed) but given that he could be fundamental to our promotion campaign with assists/goals etc wouldn't he be more of an asset if he stayed? If things don't work out January could be a different story. I wonder what the difference in income between League 1 and 2 is?

Depends what constitutes as an 'offer' - might just be cleverly worded. Forest could have asked to speak to Hall with the view to an offer to follow? Who knows...

Depends what constitutes as an 'offer' - might just be cleverly worded. Forest could have asked to speak to Hall with the view to an offer to follow? Who knows...

Bit different to .. "At the City Ground having a medical" as was banded about earlier

Roll on September 1st so all this nonsense can be forgotten*

* until the loan window opens a week or so later :duh:

Im sure it's bollox (fingers crossed) but given that he could be fundamental to our promotion campaign with assists/goals etc wouldn't he be more of an asset if he stayed? If things don't work out January could be a different story. I wonder what the difference in income between League 1 and 2 is?

I think an offer that high (with add-ons remember too which could be quite lucrative) for a player who could walk out on a free next summer would be too good to turn down. I agree that keeping Hall would significantly boost our chances of promotion but:

(a) whilst he would be a big loss we do have 2 (and if Brogan signs three) wingers at the club who are more than capable at this level

and

(b) in my honest opinion it would be foolish to turn down such an offer incase we again miss out this year. In that instance we'll have sacrificed a large fee and possible lucrative add-ons and will have to watch our best player leave for nothing.

If I was Ron Martin I'd accept £500k. When (not really if cos he has numerous Championship clubs chasing him I hear) a sizeable offer comes in I don't think Ron or Luggy can be blamed for letting Hall go (and that's another key point too, a Championship move would give Hall an opportunity to progress his career and I don't think we could stand in the way of that especially if it leaves us with an unhappy player nearing the end of his contract!).

I think an offer that high (with add-ons remember too which could be quite lucrative) for a player who could walk out on a free next summer would be too good to turn down. I agree that keeping Hall would significantly boost our chances of promotion but:

(a) whilst he would be a big loss we do have 2 (and if Brogan signs three) wingers at the club who are more than capable at this level

and

(b) in my honest opinion it would be foolish to turn down such an offer incase we again miss out this year. In that instance we'll have sacrificed a large fee and possible lucrative add-ons and will have to watch our best player leave for nothing.

If I was Ron Martin I'd accept £500k. When (not really if cos he has numerous Championship clubs chasing him I hear) a sizeable offer comes in I don't think Ron or Luggy can be blamed for letting Hall go (and that's another key point too, a Championship move would give Hall an opportunity to progress his career and I don't think we could stand in the way of that especially if it leaves us with an unhappy player nearing the end of his contract!).

I do see where your coming from Angell D but would feel ****ed off to lose Hall at this stage of the seasons preparations. I know we have other wingers that could potentially fill his boots but I'm not sure they would be so productive (maybe, who knows). Bit of a gamble.
It's a shame that we couldn't have extended his current deal another year or so, as if we missed out we could have sold him for a decent fee (if thats what he/the club wanted). Also, if we were promoted his value would have also increased and we could have sold him for a bit more, but if happy to stay as a League 1 player with us his asset value to the club in terms of us then pushing for promotion to the Championship would also be significant.

I don't think it would be the end of the world if we did lose Hall, after all I seem to remember in the early part of last season we picked up several wins when he was on the bench/court.
Ron would probably snap your hand off for less then £500k but I wonder what Luggy would think about flogging him at this point?

Back