• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Time

You might get wage but no more, I would fire before the financial update.

Tommy Boeta - 22 yo, BT Rating=228,554, Wage=£126,658
A defensive LH batsman and a cautious LM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: miraculous
Batting: sensational Concentration: elite
Bowling: worthless Consistency: strong
Fielding: superb

Bought for just over 2 mill, i only started bidding as a joke!
Only jumped £15k, not too bad. Still a lot of cash for a sensational bat!

Don't train him whatever you do! Every session is going to add loads to his wages as his secondary is so high. Could take 20 sessions to get him to masterful which could take him nearer to £200k wages.

Have transfer listed this guy

Thom Colley (4292147)
Thom is a steady LH Batsman, and a steady LFM Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.

He currently has superb batting form, feeble bowling form and sublime fitness.
Plays For: Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 40,911
Wages: £14,909 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: worthless

How much do you reckon he'll go for?

Yep, just this second taken a look. I reckon might even break 2.5.

Third week(ish) is always a great time to sell.

Think that works out at just under £25k per net session.

I've no idea if that's good or bad these days.

Where's MrB?

Think that works out at just under £25k per net session.

I've no idea if that's good or bad these days.

Where's MrB?
Yeah that's pretty good, the days of £50k per net are long gone unless you get lucky with a buy-train-sell. £30k is about optimal.

The value in the game now is selling at Wonderful and buying in an Exquisite/Masterful for a similar price. Nets beyond exceptional don't add any resale value and are purely for team improvement. I have a 20yo bowler who's not far from exceptional, I really should sell as he will never be valued any higher and I could buy a fully trained 24/25yo for the same cash.

Bearing in mind the above, is £4m for this guy too much?

Haq Sawal (4521547) shortcut

Haq is an attacking RH Batsman, and a defensive RM Bowler. He has superb leadership skills and woeful experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, mediocre bowling form and energetic fitness.

Plays For: Garmonbozia
Nationality: Pakistan
Battrick Rating: 79,800
Wages: £25,520 p/w
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: remarkable

If I was paying £4m I'd want him to be at least exquisite or masterful, though of course you're restricted by his age as it's hard to get above sensational by this stage. I'd sooner buy a 21/22yo that is fully trained for the same price and use the nets elsewhere. Having said that he does have decent stamina, fielding and leadership.

£3.5m maybe. I got Nunens for £3.2m when he was 22:

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: sensational
Batting: masterful Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Fielding: abysmal

Transfer market is mental at the moment, have to splash at least £2mil to get any sort of decent player at any time during the season

Hit 10m in the bank after today's OD gates were added. The plan is still to have me 6 trainees going until 24 (so another 4 seasons) and then supplement them with 7 or 8 signings. Looks like I'm going to need somewhere in the region of 30m to do so....

How much do you reckon I'll get for this chap

Zema Torrence (2699220) shortcut

Zema is a steady RH Batsman, and a steady RM Bowler. He has superb leadership skills and miraculous experience.

He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and energetic fitness.
Plays For: Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
Battrick Rating: 135,816 (-2236)
Wages: £52,511 p/w
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: sensational
Bowling: sensational Consistency: masterful
Fielding: mediocre

Current bidding £1.3m.

Timed to be just for everyone's final OD match and next week's play-off, but unfortunately when everyone is disappearing off for the double bank holiday.

That's about the right price, sensational is just below the sort of skill that gets the top teams interested.

Franchise just picked up a bit of a bargain. 417k for this guy.

Mark Finnigan (3467018) shortcut

Mark is a defensive RH Batsman, and a steady RH finger spin Bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and elite experience.

He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: BATTIER SHRIMPERS II
Battrick Rating: 141,304 (-372)
Wages: £69,128 p/w
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: exquisite Concentration: phenomenal
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: feeble

Back