• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trick or Treaters

it's quiet round here which is unusual, last few years we've been inundated.

Lyndsay likes it but i hate it, how would their parents like it if i knocked on their homes asking for some adult 'treats' ;)

Last edited:
Strangely enough I've not had any treaters come knocking at my door yet and despite having a Jehovah Witness church 100 yards away the only time they've ever called at my door was about 3 years ago. I saw the two guys canvassing my road as I got home from work so knew it wouldn't be long before my door bell went so I prepared myself. I heard the front door go and saw them coming up the stairwell. As soon as they got to my door I didn't even wait for them to knock or ring, just opened the door in my boxer shorts whilst at the same time having a good old rummage around the nether regions with a quizicle look on my face. Can't for the life of me remember the exact dialogue that took place but a lot of it was gibberish on their part and I don't think the Bible was mentioned even once. Not been back since, funny that huh!

it's quiet round here which is unusual, last few years we've been inundated.

Lyndsay likes it but i hate it, how would they like it if i knocked on their homes asking for some adult 'treats' ;)

Why do you think davewebbsbrain is asking for OBL's address ;)

they put on a halloween type fair round here with stalls, local radio, food, etc to keep the youngsters from knocking on doors.

i heard on the radio a few times today that somewhere they had organised an event where kids could go and just throw food and stuff at each other. I think they said they did it last year aswell. Got to be a hoot surely :D

Since moving a couple of years ago we now live quite far from the road and as we're not in a terrace etc, the lazy little *******s can't be bothered to walk for their drumstick etc.

Shame, as I liked calling their bluff and saying trick to see what they had up their sleeves. The wife doesn't let me eat all the unused sweets either :(

I've got no problems with it as it goes...

But then, I don't have a rod up my Jacksie. In all seriousness, I think it's one of 'those' occasions that kids can have some genuine fun, and I don't see the harm in them knocking on peoples doors as long as it's before 8pm and they don't take the p*ss. What I do hate, is people who blast children who knock on their door because it's sacreligious or some sh*t. A few years ago, one of my brothers came back in floods of tears (He was around 7 at the time) after a woman down our street shouted at him for 5 minutes, informing him he was going straight to hell, for having the audacity to knock on her door.

Last edited:
Ok, my poster says no more after 8 p.m. as it does every year, I consider that quite long enough, and 53 little visitors later, I am bloody knackered! At least it did do one good thing - the old man (who is never normally in to witness this stuff and always says oh it's good, harmless fun!) has gone out as he couldn't bear the constant interruptions! :D

I can't stand Halloween, it's like Christmas now. Over advertised and sadly people talk about it before the actual day. I've got nothing wrong with parties it's just when people knock at your door at 10:00pm when you are about to settle down for the news, you can't help but feel the urge to throw something at them.

I can't stand Halloween, it's like Christmas now. Over advertised and sadly people talk about it before the actual day. I've got nothing wrong with parties it's just when people knock at your door at 10:00pm when you are about to settle down for the news, you can't help but feel the urge to throw something at them.

How old are you? :stunned:

I've found the best way to stop them coming is to commit a sex offence and get your address on the front page of the NOTW.

I've found the best way to stop them coming is to commit a sex offence and get your address on the front page of the NOTW.

Either that, or stand at your window nursing a semi through some thinly veiled curtains.

It's one night a year the kids enjoy you miserable lot...Does it make your life that bad. I don't think so,if it does you need to wake up!

53 kids ffs - in 23 groups of varying size!

Yes and one night out of 365...and you working at a school should have more tolerance than most......some people these days just need something to moan about...Kids having fun to me is great news , better than sitting on some street corner bored out of their minds.

Back