• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

true loyalty!!

Hope rhe Rangers scum who rioted in Manchester are reading this thread (tho I doubt it).

Bet our our prime minister / media doesn't come out and say we should now get the world cup because most English / British fans do know how to behave!

UP the Blues and Well done done Donny on a superb performance.

Third goal was offside tho ;(

Linos didn't seem to know an offside when Donny were attacking at all. Showed this time and time again on the analysis on Sky.

Linos didn't seem to know an offside when Donny were attacking at all. Showed this time and time again on the analysis on Sky.

Interesting point about the third goal - I am a big fan of the new offside rule, it allows for more attacking football and lets goals stand when the offside player makes no difference - but I do think that jumping over the shot in front of the keeper could be construed as a) active and b) distracting. Ho hum, when it's not your night, it's not your night.

Interesting point about the third goal - I am a big fan of the new offside rule, it allows for more attacking football and lets goals stand when the offside player makes no difference - but I do think that jumping over the shot in front of the keeper could be construed as a) active and b) distracting. Ho hum, when it's not your night, it's not your night.

And that is really why we couldn't do much right - the stars must have been against us all!

Thanks for all the good luck messages guys. if theres 1 club i hate it leeds utd lol.

i'm just glad we lost where they were simpy the better team, rather than getting done by loads od dodgy decisions (there were a few) or a late goal or something like that. great night overall.

Cheers mate, I hope Ron (our chairman) uses your club as a blueprint for our club, nice ground & a lovely footballing team.
Have to disagree myself there on the last point. I thought their ground was horrid, just a bowl filled with seats, stuck in the middle of a shopping centre. I want some character please.

Have to disagree myself there on the last point. I thought their ground was horrid, just a bowl filled with seats, stuck in the middle of a shopping centre. I want some character please.

pretty much what all new grounds are though isn't . In an ideal world I would develope Roots Hall, but these lego set stadiums are the way foward for clubs such as ours. Its like new build houses vs victorian houses, the older the house the more the character !! So I suppose in a small way I agree with you, but I think the size of the stadium pretty much suits our needs, it is far better than the horrible open ditch that Northampton built .

The way i see it TTS and fredheim is that once fossets farm is built and in use, with support like we showed last night we can give the ground its own new character and turn it into a fortress like roots hall has been! yes roots hall will be missed and it will take time, but in time fossets will have its own special atmosphere that our fans can provide. After last night u have to have the confidence the fans can do that! :)

Fossetts Farm will certainly be unique though, I mean how many other clubs have a stadium roof in the shape of their club nickname!!

:clap:

Last night was the greatest night involving SUFC in my life.
Bit disapointed that we are'nt going to Wemberly but thats football!

Us as fans were amazing last night, spirit of St Marys has been taken to a new level i feel.

Looking on the bright side though, we have a nice trip to Col Eww and that sh**y new ground of these :D
Next season will be are time to shine!

Up the Blues!

seen the plans of your new ground ... VERY IMPRESSED!!!! If i had my way, doncaster would still be playing at belle vue but it was just old and passed it.

Serious question Jake - and not having a dig - will you sell all your tickets for the final ?

And how will you stop the Leeds scum from infiltrating your end ?

....And how will you stop the Leeds scum from infiltrating your end ?

....with great difficulty. There's a massive Leeds United presence in Doncaster. We refer to them as Donnywhites. Donny is not a small town...it has metro population of circa 300k, and there are a few small towns where Donny is classed as their regional centre. So for a town of that size....and historical crowds over the last 30 years ranging from 2k average to 8k ...... means a lot of the footballing loving public watch their games elsewhere....mostly Leeds I expect.

I don't want to come across as condescending, so I urge you to take it as it sounds when I say your fans were absolutely fantastic. Had you won...I would have hated the sight of you....but I wouldn't have been able to take away the fact your support was first class...the best I have witnessed in over 40 years. You certainly made an impression on Doncaster and the local radio stations around her....it's scant consolation….but I think you gained as close to a victory as you can without winning the game……simply because your fans won the day.
Good luck for the future, and I look forward to playing you again whichever league that may be.

There's already plenty of talk on Leeds' 606 pages about going to get tickets from Doncaster.

Serious question Jake - and not having a dig - will you sell all your tickets for the final ?

And how will you stop the Leeds scum from infiltrating your end ?

there is absolutley no way of stopping leeds fans gatting in our end!!! there will be loads of them, most of whom will be mates with donny fans who are travelling. Cant see us sellin more than 30k

Back