• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Twitter followers...do you follow anybody you don't like and why???

Following on from the Glasgow Shrimper thread in the main forum, and somebody mentioning the fact of why do people follow him if they don't agree or like his tweet's, I got stuck in a deep trance for all of five minutes at the desk, trying to understand why we follow people we don't like.

The main example I was thinking of personally is Nick Griffin. Once day I was trawling through Twitter and has seen a re-tweet from somebody due to his Tweets over the London riots. Like the re-tweeter I completely disagreed with his comments, but for some reason still found my self clicking the "follow" button. For the next month I browsed through tweets on my phone, seeing the odd Tweet from Mr. Griffin each time feeling more infuriated by the outrageous and narrow minded comments he was making. Plenty of people obviously had the same view I did, and had sent Tweets in reply, some which were reasoned and some which were just plain abuse. Then one morning I realised, I didn't have to follow this guy and get so infuriated everytime I logged onto Twitter.

As crazy as it sounds, for the month I followed him, the thought of unfollowing never came into my head and I'm not really sure why as the thought of literally "following" the guy is something I would be strongly opposed to. Whilst I don't dislike him as much as Nick Griffin, another example is following Piers Morgen who, I just find generally annoying yet still follow him.

So, do any of you other Twit's follow anybody you don't like, find annoying or even detest? and why do it to yourself?