• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

two different perspectives -

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
A/ its all *****, worse than the old days, Tilly is clueless, the players don't care and I am not going anymore ....

B/ we've hit a slight rough patch, RM has a big vision, Tilly is a genius, the players are the best young talent in the league, lets go to Franchise and do the business .....

and it goes on like this ....

a/ Laurent is a light weight frenchie who doesn't pass and with no end product should be lucky to get a game ..

b/ Laurent is the clever guy who won the penalty and scares defnces stupid who is still adapting to the English (i.e. getting kicked for being a bit good)

a/ Moussa is a hopeless waste of space

b/ hes played every game for the club this season, is a major emerging talent,
who wins possession in midfield and can pull the strings aged 20 -

a/ Macca is the heart and soul of SUFC
b/ Macca is a liability and he should keep his gob shut - lets stick with Moussa JFC and Granty -

a/ the clubs going nowhere
b/ if we can keep it all together we can go all the way - happy in the CCC with 15-18 k attendences in a 22k stadium

a/ simon francis is a clown
b/ simon francis chose to stay at SUFC and gives everything and does not shirk responsiblity -

a/ its a team full of loanees
b/ we have cleared out a load of not quite good enough players on contracts and retained the best young pros -

a/ Tilson doesn't do this taht or the other -
b/ Tilson is in a constantly changing situation and has to manage in the most dificult of situations -

a/ Scannell is a genius
b/ Scannell is very much the unfinished article as a player - he has ability but there are so many weak aqreas to his game (defensively, positionally, reading the game,) he doesn;t really justify his place....

I am sure there are loads more but altho the situation is messy I think we'll be fine by the end of the season - (of course I am possibly completely wrong)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think we may well be fine in as much as we wont go down to Div2, but other than that I think we are very much not fine at all. Southend FC is quite simply crippled both on and off the pitch and nobody knows what to do. In terms of papering over the cracks Tilly and Ron have become master decorators and are applying liberal amounts of wallpaper. We will come through this period but we will be what we have always been and Div1/Div2 side.

Mostly B. RM isn't , but think this project is too big for him or his pockets.
B. Laurent is a fantastic talent who is still learning his trade.
B. For Moussa read Laurent.
Think Macca should get on with it like the rest of the team are, so more B than A but his experience is invalueable.
Worry that it's A. See top answer.
B. Think Francis is one of the best players at the club who will improve with age and experience.
Both A and B - we have a lot of loanees, we got rid of a lot of flotsam. Losing Barney was a huge blow and we may regret not keeping him come may.
Definitely B. Tilson is doing a fantastic job under the circumstances. By all right we should be bottom of the league with the problems we currently have.
B. Scannell needs more than 2 good games before I think he's anything but a fringe player. Still he's got his chance to prove himself, soething he probably hasn't had up until now.

Good post - I will add...

a) Simon Francis set pieces are all useless
b) Simon Francis set pieces set up 3 golden chances yesterday which were all headed off target.

Back