• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Tyler Cordner signs on loan from Bournemouth

Welcome to the club Tyler.

Going to reserve full judgement until I've seen him but this is patently not the key position we require strengthening in, plus he had (on the face of it) a pretty inauspicious loan spell in a frankly terrible Scunny side. According to the stats, he partook in 12 games, 8 of which led to defeat, with 5 conceded in one game (plus an OG from him), 4 conceded in another and 3 conceded twice.

Very much wish him the best, but I just can't see how this move is of any benefit to us right now over the signing of a forward.

To be fair, when you end the game with Hart at CB we're short of CBs.

Having 10 men didn’t help with Dieng and Halford having departed.

Maybe going to have to play White at right back for a while?

Dieng ought to be be playing at centre back because he doesn’t work hard enough in midfield. Halford ought to be playing at centre back because he wont have to run so much.

I imagine it means Molesley doesn’t rate Mitchell-Nelson, or Kyps nor Harry Phillips or a few more of our much vaunted youngster from last season.

Not sure why people are suggesting that we don’t need another CB. One injury to White and Hobson and we are left having to play somebody out of position at CB. Yes, we need to strengthen in other areas as well. But this signing isn’t going to stop us doing that, we’re allowed to sign more than one player before the window shuts.

I think this was an essential position to fill and Tyler is probably as good as we could have expected to get. He's a decent height, match fit and the manager knows him. Clearly Kyps is not in MM's plans for some reason and Halford looks very suspect defensively. We need Dieng in midfield whenever possible so we do need extra cover at CB. As Dan says, this isn't an either/or situation. MM will want a striker but I wouldn't hold out hope of getting a proven finisher in this transfer window. It would take a decent fee and decent wages to lure one from another club. I don't think Ron can afford to risk that.

Just what I was thinking. Was no worse than anyone else on his recall and is a better CH than FB in my book.

What's happened to MMN as well, looked pretty decent last season, so why isn't he getting a game

Back