• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tyson Fury

What a bellend - police should pay him a visit re the threats of violence

And you still haven't - I made no mention of the Daily Mail journalist. I mentioned TF and his statements not who reported them.

Who were those threats made against. I'm sure it was a Daily Mail Journalist

Glad to see you want to deport British Nationals. IF you did that it would be even easier to deport any Gay hating immigrants. I myself would have an internment camp out sourced to some where cheap like a Siberian labour camp. Good bit of outdoor hard work never does anyone any harm. Focuses the mind on better thoughts as well don't you think.

Who were those threats made against. I'm sure it was a Daily Mail Journalist

Glad to see you want to deport British Nationals. IF you did that it would be even easier to deport any Gay hating immigrants. I myself would have an internment camp out sourced to some where cheap like a Siberian labour camp. Good bit of outdoor hard work never does anyone any harm. Focuses the mind on better thoughts as well don't you think.
It was the threats I objected to not who they were made against.

I don't think for one minute the rest of this post is what you believe I was saying but if you do you are mistaken.

So homos trump pikeys in the politically correct card game? Mooselimbs must trump homos because they are given a pass on this. Poor, poor Jews.

To be honest, GBJ has a point, but it works both ways, Anyone who defends any religion publicly preaching homophobic remarks , should not find Furys comments offensive. On the other hand , anyone defending Fury should not be taking issue with other religions saying similar things.
But to be honest I have seen very few comments over the past few years where Homophobic rantings (in the same sex marriage debates, Islam discussions etc) have been defended, so I am quite surprised , particularly given the ethnicity of Fury and the way the Dale Farm debate on here panned out , the way this thread has split opinion.

See, I don't necessarily take offence to words. If Muslims/Christians/another, hate gays, and preach it, meh, that's upto them. It's backwards & daft, makes them look dim, but it doesn't affect me, so I find it hard to be offended. Of course, I fully understand that it's probably intolerable for many gay people though.

When that ideaology becomes more than words, then I pay attention. Dragging a gay man to the top of a tall building, dangling him over it by his arms, and then dropping him to his death, is absolutely unfathomable. Yet it happens on a regular basis.

So homos trump pikeys in the politically correct card game? Mooselimbs must trump homos because they are given a pass on this. Poor, poor Jews.

I didn't think it was possible to pack that much dismissive abuse of minorities into two lines. You have achieved it though sadly.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/04/tyson-fury-jessica-ennis-hill-sports-personality-bbc

Here's another. The BBC will do well to drop him for SPOTY, but he probably won't care.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/04/tyson-fury-jessica-ennis-hill-sports-personality-bbc

Here's another. The BBC will do well to drop him for SPOTY, but he probably won't care.

Lols. A couple of months ago, you & the rest of the Left Wing League, were demanding our government allow people with similar, yet worse ideologies, to relocate to our country.

I wonder, if Tyson Fury needed some form of help in future, would you be so vocal in support of him?

Lols. A couple of months ago, you & the rest of the Left Wing League, were demanding our government allow people with similar, yet worse ideologies, to relocate to our country.

I wonder, if Tyson Fury needed some form of help in future, would you be so vocal in support of him?

According to his twitter account he would rather not be in the competition and the award should be given to a better role model. He may have said that, but I'm not convinced he meant it!!

GBJ - homophobia is a feature of many religions, it doesn't mean that all people who consider themselves to be part of those religions follow every implied teaching of their books. If you would bar people fleeing a warzone in case they are homophobic then maybe you should expel our own citizens who are homophobic too and see the political make up of this country change overnight.
Or just try to educate everyone who cant get their heads round the fact some people are gay. A good way of doing that is to highlight when homophobic comments are made in the media.

You can't educate those who don't want to be educated though. That's the power of religion, and one of the many reasons I find it totally ridiculous. Some are worse than others, with their interpretations & punishments, which is a fact.

According to his twitter account he would rather not be in the competition and the award should be given to a better role model. He may have said that, but I'm not convinced he meant it!!

Its not a surprise. His comments have obviously not met the required PC level. However, that doesn't detract from the fact he accomplished an unbelievable achievement, which is simply one of the greatest in British sporting history, which I went into detail in the SPOTY thread

But those aren't in the public eye are they? I couldn't give a toss what this cretin thinks, but if he wants the oxygen of publicity he best learn to keep it zipped. His agent must be pulling his hair out.

But those aren't in the public eye are they? I couldn't give a toss what this cretin thinks, but if he wants the oxygen of publicity he best learn to keep it zipped. His agent must be pulling his hair out.

Hahahaha, comical. So because these atrocities aren't happening "in the public eye", they lose importance somehow?

And also, how interesting. You refer to him as a cretin for his comments, yet the poor refugees, who have even worse ideologies, you welcome with open arms lolololololol

Ironic, defending and supporting people, who share the same/worse views than a person you're vilifying. You lefties do entertain me :)

I'm not surprised that you don't find his comments offensive.

You've gone quiet on the topic mate. Much like you did when I posed you tough questions in the refugee thread. I'd have thought, after thinly veiled insinuations against me, as quoted above, you'd have the stones to stay & explain yourself

You've gone quiet on the topic mate. Much like you did when I posed you tough questions in the refugee thread. I'd have thought, after thinly veiled insinuations against me, as quoted above, you'd have the stones to stay & explain yourself

I've been at Chester Zoo today so not really been following things. The only insinuation was that you're not gay (I assume).

Not all Muslims are homophobes. They don't all spout hate speech or believe in the discrimination of gay people. It's the same for many Christians too. If refugees came along and started spouting homophobic comments in public/the media, then I'd want the appropriate authorities to deal with them and ideally for them to be deported. ISIL torture, murder and mutilate gay people. I'd guess that refugees are running from homophobic psychos, rather than being homophobic psychos.

Hahahaha, comical. So because these atrocities aren't happening "in the public eye", they lose importance somehow?

And also, how interesting. You refer to him as a cretin for his comments, yet the poor refugees, who have even worse ideologies, you welcome with open arms lolololololol

Ironic, defending and supporting people, who share the same/worse views than a person you're vilifying. You lefties do entertain me :)

What Pubey said. Odd how you defend Fury because he's a boxer. If he lived at Dale Farm I'm sure it'd be a different story.

I've been at Chester Zoo today so not really been following things. The only insinuation was that you're not gay (I assume).

Not all Muslims are homophobes. They don't all spout hate speech or believe in the discrimination of gay people. It's the same for many Christians too. If refugees came along and started spouting homophobic comments in public/the media, then I'd want the appropriate authorities to deal with them and ideally for them to be deported. ISIL torture, murder and mutilate gay people. I'd guess that refugees are running from homophobic psychos, rather than being homophobic psychos.

In the past the Left Wing League have advocated that we ignore the likes of Abu Hamza & Mohammed Choudary for their inciting speeches. It's just interesting to me, that you's now condemn Fury, for want of a better phrase, for lesser behaviour.

You wanted our government to swing open the borders & freely welcome all & sundry without even knowing their ideologies. We can probably say, not all refugees have the same feelings, however it's naive & plain ignorant to assume that a large number, who are devout old school Muslims DON'T believe that being gay is wrong, and should be punishable by torture/death.

Homosexual behaviour is forbidden in the Koran, so no, this isn't a new thing created by ISIS.

What Pubey said. Odd how you defend Fury because he's a boxer. If he lived at Dale Farm I'm sure it'd be a different story.

His profession/location/race/creed/ethnicity has nothing to do with it. I judge people on their traits, behaviour & general demeanour.

And FWIW, the travellers I know, and are friendly with, are a class above those who would torture & murder an innocent man, just because he likes the pork sword

Back