• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ukip

All depends on whether Article 50 is actually invoked.............. :whistling:

They need to be there to ensure that when we leave the EU we dont agree to freedom of movement to stay in the single market.

They need to be there to ensure that when we leave the EU we don't agree to freedom of movement to stay in the single market.

Yeah, I also think they will be around for another 2 odd years to apply pressure on whom ever is in government to ensure that they deliver on their voters wishes. But once that's done and dusted, they must surely become irrelevant.

A bit of a case of they have handed in their resignation letter, and now they are just working their notice period.

Yeah, I also think they will be around for another 2 odd years to apply pressure on whom ever is in government to ensure that they deliver on their voters wishes. But once that's done and dusted, they must surely become irrelevant.

A bit of a case of they have handed in their resignation letter, and now they are just working their notice period.

All things being equal the next General Election should happen on Thursday 7 May 2020. Douglas Carswell is the sitting UKIP for Clacton so on that basis UKIP will exist until 2020. Even if the Government calls an earlier GE, if he gets in again then UKIP could last longer still.

All things being equal the next General Election should happen on Thursday 7 May 2020. Douglas Carswell is the sitting UKIP for Clacton so on that basis UKIP will exist until 2020. Even if the Government calls an earlier GE, if he gets in again then UKIP could last longer still.

Good point.. Stupidly I did'nt think of the obvious (not for the 1st time!)

With a Labour MP saying on TV today that they would lose 100 seats at the moment. Who do people think the areas of the North East etc will fall to. Certainly won't be the Tories.

The SNP carried on and took all of Labours support in Scotland. What's to stop UKIP doing the same.

Farage will be praying that the new Tory leader does a deal to keep free movement of EU migrants.

Would be interesting, but I think Labour may well gain a lot of seats back, I can imagine the country being tired of a Tory government by 2020. Have to agree about your Farage comment though, he would be rubbing his hands with Glee at that prospect. Although I personally think he will hand over the reigns to someone else by then, maybe that Clacton Chap that was mentioned, who I think is their only MP isnt he?

Would be interesting, but I think Labour may well gain a lot of seats back, I can imagine the country being tired of a Tory government by 2020.
The big question is, will Labour ever find the balance between old-school left and new-school left? To oust the Tories and regain all the votes lost in old 'Labour heartlands' then it's something they must do, but they're a party in turmoil, and utter disarray, and quite frankly I'm not sure I believe they can win another GE in my lifetime.

With a Labour MP saying on TV today that they would lose 100 seats at the moment. Who do people think the areas of the North East etc will fall to. Certainly won't be the Tories.

The SNP carried on and took all of Labours support in Scotland. What's to stop UKIP doing the same.

Farage will be praying that the new Tory leader does a deal to keep free movement of EU migrants.

If the new Tory leader does this it will be over and above what is currently in place , as at the moment there is only the Free movement of Workers

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyourservice/en/displayFtu.html?ftuId=FTU_3.1.3.html

If the new Tory leader does this it will be over and above what is currently in place , as at the moment there is only the Free movement of Workers

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyourservice/en/displayFtu.html?ftuId=FTU_3.1.3.html

No there isn't. Last year 70,000 EU migrants arrived with no job to go to. Not saying they didn't find work or that they all ended up on the dole. But you don't need to begauranteed a job to move to Britain.

That's why we had Eastern Europeans camping on the cliffs and the beach at Southend.

Doubt it, he wants immigration stopped, cant see that he would want the opposite just to get more seats in the government, which is what he wanted to get to stop immigration in the first place.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36937476

UKIP.A party that couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery.:smiles:

So apart from getting 17 million people to vote out, ending call me Dave's political career, stopping Boris becoming the next PM, wiping out the Labour Party as we know it and securing a much better future for any young working class family. What have UKIP ever done for us?

PS shows how out of touch you old Marxists are.....A p*** up in a brewery is both offensive to muslims and a deliberate attempt to exclude women. Still as your a big fan of Corbyn, its no surprise you want to keep your social event limited to some old white men. :winking:

So apart from getting 17 million people to vote out, ending call me Dave's political career, stopping Boris becoming the next PM, wiping out the Labour Party as we know it and securing a much better future for any young working class family. What have UKIP ever done for us?

PS shows how out of touch you old Marxists are.....A p*** up in a brewery is both offensive to muslims and a deliberate attempt to exclude women. Still as your a big fan of Corbyn, its no surprise you want to keep your social event limited to some old white men.
:winking:

I seriously think you are on crack

PS shows how out of touch you old Marxists are.....A p*** up in a brewery is both offensive to muslims and a deliberate attempt to exclude women. Still as your a big fan of Corbyn, its no surprise you want to keep your social event limited to some old white men. :winking:

Only 13 years older than you old chap.Not so much of an age difference in the greater scheme of things.

PS I don't bother with cricket in the summer.I prefer swimming.:smiles:

Btw,UKIP got nearly 4 million votes in the 2015 General election.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election/2015/results

Be interested to see how you arrive at your greatly inflated 17 million figure.

Also, the idea that UKIP has somehow "wiped out the Labour party as we know it", when they just have one MP is clearly ludicrous.

Back