• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ukip

I believe the claim was that 'vast numbers' of Labour voters had voted to leave. Now, if the number of Labour voters is substantial, which I'm sure is something with which you would agree, then a third does count as a vast number, does it not? If, however, you concede that a third of Labour voters constitutes about half a dozen mad old ****ers, then you are indeed right. Your choice.
It depends how you want to view it. If 'out' had won two thirds of the vote and I had tried convince you that a vast amount of voters wanted to remain I'm sure you would be calling me all sorts of names.

When we are talking about a choice between two different things and the whole country can vote then both options will get what sounds like a numerically large amount of votes. But if two thirds vote one way and one third another then you would only focus on the one third if you were a wind up merchant on a football forum because in the real world you'd be told to stop being silly and wasting everyone's time.

No, it was a difference of opinion about correct prepostional useage.

Er, what?

fail_is_a_verb2.gif

It depends how you want to view it. If 'out' had won two thirds of the vote and I had tried convince you that a vast amount of voters wanted to remain I'm sure you would be calling me all sorts of names.

When we are talking about a choice between two different things and the whole country can vote then both options will get what sounds like a numerically large amount of votes. But if two thirds vote one way and one third another then you would only focus on the one third if you were a wind up merchant on a football forum because in the real world you'd be told to stop being silly and wasting everyone's time.

I'm not sure you've visited the real world in the last 20 years.

He could still have been honest and said he's 100% for the EU. It depends on how you say things. He isn't cut out to be a leader or statesman. He was to blame also. Maybe not as much as Camerscum, but to say he's blameless is obviously wrong.
Everyone involved is to blame to some extent, but the real focus should be elsewhere for reasons so obvious that I won't bother to mention again.
The 70% thing was not part of a rousing speech he gave, it was an answer on something like 'how much out of 10 do you love the EU' or something like that on a comedy program. He was also asked if he would rather bollocks for ears or ears for bollocks - or something like that. And he turned up in a sports car wearing bling and a fake mink coat. He was appearing on a spoof TV show to highlight he has a sense of humour.

We are categorically not leaving the EU because of Corbyn quotes on the 'Last Leg'.

I know some people are eager to knock him but this angle is very weak.

45, I've been consistent since birth.

As the great Muhammad Ali once said "A man who views the world at 50 the same way he did when he was 20, has wasted 30 years of his life"

You'd better get your finger sunshine......you've only got 5 years left.

As the great Muhammad Ali once said "A man who views the world at 50 the same way he did when he was 20, has wasted 30 years of his life"

You'd better get your finger sunshine......you've only got 5 years left.
Bearing in mind he was punched in the head for a number of years and had Parkinsons I bet at 50 he wished he could view the world in the way he did when he was 20.

It was Cameron's referendum and he lost it as his WWIII lies were negative where as the other half of the Conservative Party's lies of £350 million a week for the NHS were attractive. That is what won it - positive lies beat negative lies.

Everyone involved is to blame to some extent, but the real focus should be elsewhere for reasons so obvious that I won't bother to mention again.
The 70% thing was not part of a rousing speech he gave, it was an answer on something like 'how much out of 10 do you love the EU' or something like that on a comedy program. He was also asked if he would rather bollocks for ears or ears for bollocks - or something like that. And he turned up in a sports car wearing bling and a fake mink coat. He was appearing on a spoof TV show to highlight he has a sense of humour.

We are categorically not leaving the EU because of Corbyn quotes on the 'Last Leg'.

I know some people are eager to knock him but this angle is very weak.

Finally you admit that Corduroy also failed. The real focus should be on everyone that failed the remain vote. As I said before:

Camerscum has proved to be the ****wit I always said he was, but at least he's done the honourable thing.
Corduroy has proved to be the ****wit I always said he was.

As for Corduroy and a rousing speech. I'd appreciate it if you could find me one...at all...on any subject. Personally I think he comes over as a wet blanket. He's boring to listen to, and really ought to take lessons from Neil Kinnock. (Like him or loath him, the man could deliver a speech.)

It also says a lot about the guy if he thought a quote on a comedy programme won't be used again. He simply isn't leadership material. He's a liability to the Labour party's chances of winning an election. He should have been more vocally in support of the EU. 70% of Labour supporters voted remain, which means 30% didn't. It was incumbent on him to sway the vote of his party. That was his one job during the referendum and he failed.

Finally you admit that Corduroy also failed. The real focus should be on everyone that failed the remain vote. As I said before:

Camerscum has proved to be the ****wit I always said he was, but at least he's done the honourable thing.

As for Corduroy and a rousing speech. I'd appreciate it if you could find me one...at all...on any subject. Personally I think he comes over as a wet blanket. He's boring to listen to, and really ought to take lessons from Neil Kinnock. (Like him or loath him, the man could deliver a speech.)

It also says a lot about the guy if he thought a quote on a comedy programme won't be used again. He simply isn't leadership material. He's a liability to the Labour party's chances of winning an election. He should have been more vocally in support of the EU. 70% of Labour supporters voted remain, which means 30% didn't. It was incumbent on him to sway the vote of his party. That was his one job during the referendum and he failed.

I'm sure that certain parties on here will be quick to point out the increase in membership and the by election victories as vindication of what a wonderful leader Corbyn is...it's a new kind of politics apparently!

**** me you are worse that a reformed smoker or a jilted lover. You don't vote Labour any more - that's ok, some come and some go, that is the nature of change. But don't feel you have to make so much noise on your way out.

Rousing speech - you will have to search social media to know about it but there were up to 10,000 out in Liverpool last night - on the streets in the rain. So hopefully he gave a rousing speech then. There seemed to be plenty of satisfied faces in the photos I've seen.

**** me you are worse that a reformed smoker or a jilted lover. You don't vote Labour any more - that's ok, some come and some go, that is the nature of change. But don't feel you have to make so much noise on your way out.

Rousing speech - you will have to search social media to know about it but there were up to 10,000 out in Liverpool last night - on the streets in the rain. So hopefully he gave a rousing speech then. There seemed to be plenty of satisfied faces in the photos I've seen.

Firstly I don't appreciate the insults. I haven't insulted you. Please don't insult me.

Secondly, just because people turn out doesn't mean the speech was any good. They turned up before they knew how badly he was going to speak.

That's the thing about the city. As long as your whinging and blaming someone else they will support you in their thousands.

Firstly I don't appreciate the insults. I haven't insulted you. Please don't insult me.

Secondly, just because people turn out doesn't mean the speech was any good. They turned up before they knew how badly he was going to speak.
I apologise for likening you to an ex-smoker or a jilted lover. But - You don't vote Labour any more - that's ok, some come and some go, that is the nature of change. But don't feel you have to make so much noise on your way out.

You have no idea if he spoke badly.

I'm surprised that anyone wouldn't be at least a bit impressed that so many people would turn up in the rain to see the embattled leader of the Labour Party - especially as some people would have us believe that all working class northerners have defected to UKIP.

Don't worry londonblue us former Labour voters are single out for special treatment, if we show dissent towards our glorious leader Kim Jong-Corbyn. I was accused of being on crack on the other thread.

Still it would be a lot worse if we were women. The screaming Corbynista's normally threaten them with rape.

I apologise for likening you to an ex-smoker or a jilted lover. But - You don't vote Labour any more - that's ok, some come and some go, that is the nature of change. But don't feel you have to make so much noise on your way out.

You have no idea if he spoke badly.

I'm surprised that anyone wouldn't be at least a bit impressed that so many people would turn up in the rain to see the embattled leader of the Labour Party - especially as some people would have us believe that all working class northerners have defected to UKIP.

Based on previous I'd say I do know he spoke badly. I'm sure the people that attended did so before they knew what he was going to say, but more importantly how he was going to deliver it. The number of people there is completely irrelevant, and doesn't prove anything about a) the content and b) the delivery of his speech. I'm sure they lapped up the message, but that doesn't mean he spoke well, or that it was a rousing speech (your words). Corduroy doesn't do rousing.

Based on previous I'd say I do know he spoke badly. I'm sure the people that attended did so before they knew what he was going to say, but more importantly how he was going to deliver it. The number of people there is completely irrelevant, and doesn't prove anything about a) the content and b) the delivery of his speech. I'm sure they lapped up the message, but that doesn't mean he spoke well, or that it was a rousing speech (your words). Corduroy doesn't do rousing.
The number of people attending a political rally is irrelevant? Ok then.

The number of people attending a political rally is irrelevant? Ok then.

You used the numbers of people attending to try and prove his speech was rousing. In that context it's completely irrelevant. Especially as we know he hasn't a clue how to make a rousing speech.

Back