• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ukip

He was not a force, but a liar who prayed on those who lives were down on their luck or racist bigots who cannot see further than a one handed salute

UTS

What an bizarre comment.

NF told it how it was which millions agreed with...you are lib left simply by using racist bigot and I claim my fiver.

Not sure that "millions" have agreed specifically with Farage.

In his seven attempts at becoming an MP, he's amassed a combined total of 36,620 votes.

Maybe not but in fairness, 3.8 million UK citizens voted for the Kippers in 2015, (not 4 million as even their new Deputy Chairman/Leader was claiming on the box last weekend).

I liked this bit;

He won't find many who'll argue with that.
do you think he knows what that phrase means? Such a strange thing to say.
His attitude towards Carswell is odd too. He spent years saying how many Conservative and Labour MPs were going to defect to UKIP and the only one that did and lasted he lambasts as being too mainstream. Those are the people he wanted! I think his default setting is angry and when he gets his own way he is still angry because he wishes he had asked for something else.

I see Carswell resigned this morning. Adios Kippers...
at least the general public don't have to pay for another election this time as he is staying on as an independent.
Lots of UKIP news this week - Mark Reckless stating it is vital for Wales to retain access to the single market, leader of Norfolk County Council quitting, UKIP main funds provider Aaron Banks putting in an invoice for £170,000 for services to the party - despite knowing they are already in the red and only still exists due to his donations, and Farage being the voice of London on Fox News and many Londoners expressing a rejection of his comments.

Unravelling seems a polite way of putting it so I'll say they seem to be unraveling.

at least the general public don't have to pay for another election this time as he is staying on as an independent.
Lots of UKIP news this week - Mark Reckless stating it is vital for Wales to retain access to the single market, leader of Norfolk County Council quitting, UKIP main funds provider Aaron Banks putting in an invoice for £170,000 for services to the party - despite knowing they are already in the red and only still exists due to his donations, and Farage being the voice of London on Fox News and many Londoners expressing a rejection of his comments.

Unravelling seems a polite way of putting it so I'll say they seem to be unraveling.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39393213

What happens to UKIP's 3.8 million voters in 2015 now?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39393213

What happens to UKIP's 3.8 million voters in 2015 now?
they will go back to Labour, UKIP voters all came from the working class Labour heartlands.....apparently. Or maybe they will turn to the Lib Dems in order to secure access to the single market for Welsh farmers. I mean, I just don't know, everything they tell us is so contradictory!

Another Surrey Shrimper;1949368[B said:
]they will go back to Labour, UKIP voters all came from the working class Labour heartlands.....apparently.[/B] Or maybe they will turn to the Lib Dems in order to secure access to the single market for Welsh farmers. I mean, I just don't know, everything they tell us is so contradictory!

I hope you're right, but according to the authors of "Revolt on the Right", UKIP voters came in proportion of 2:1 from the Tories first and then Labour.

I agree with your final comment btw.

I hope you're right, but according to the authors of "Revolt on the Right", UKIP voters came in proportion of 2:1 from the Tories first and then Labour.

I agree with your final comment btw.
it was always nonsense when Kippers said they were aiming for Labour voters. When out canvassing for Labour in Croydon at the last GE I was told that if someone says they were voting UKIP don't try to dissuade them just move on to the next house as a UKIP vote is one less vote for the Tories.

Where that means the 3.8m votes will land is anyone's guess really. With Labour and the Tories the choice now is the type of Brexit and as it gets closer the potential no deal option may not appeal to ex UKIP voters as much as they expected and a return to the Tories may seem less attractive. All guesswork really for now.

Aaron Banks on Carswell in a twitter discussion with a Tory 'Carswell is a dysfunctional Tory boy with as much grip on reality as you ! I was right first time, autistic with a touch of mental illness'

He is not a nice man.

Vote Leave: Mark Reckless has now left UKIP, so that is both of the Tory defectors gone.

In other news UKIP spent just shy of £100,000 on Nuttall's failed parliamentary attempt in Stoke.

The funeral dirge for UKIP is being heard across the land by the many that want to see it's demise. Personally i hope its premature. I may not be a kipper supporter but i do want to see challenges to the near monopoly of Conservatives/Labour. Without diversity in politics we are doomed to repeat the constant mistakes of the past. Perpetually endorsing the main two parties will breed nothing but apathy among voters as we know nothing can be done to make the difference we crave for.

Like it or not, UKIP, spoke for millions of people. The in-party problems are weakening their position but it may yet come back strong. We certainly need a different voice.

Back