• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to accuse me, at least have the balls to do it, instead of hiding behind inferences.

I was merely making the point that instead of people "not caring", as you seem quick to label it, about the club, they are merely diverting their energy into the football aspect of the football club, as the continuing struggle is exactly that, a struggle.

If supporting the players we currently have at our disposal is tantamount to burying my head in the sand, then guilty as charged.

ESB - Please let me know where I've said that people who I believe are burying their heads in the sands are "not caring" as you've accused me of being "quick" to do. If I have ever said that those fans don't care, then I apologise to those people, but I don't recall ever having done so. Maybe you're confusing me with someone else or attributing some views to me that you think I might have (but don't)? I believe virtually everyone on here cares deeply about OUR club. We all have different opinions about a number of things from whether we should turn up and support without making or fuss or protest instead, or whether we should boo our own players or always support them. There are many different points of view and that makes this forum interesting.

ESB - I have to ask - why do you often seem to look for a personal confrontation with me? You and I have clashed in the past several times over your concerns with the consortium, and with my concerns with how you don't seem to me to be as vigorous in holding the current board to account as you are with the consortium. But that shouldn't mean there should be anything personal between us. For example, I've applauded your efforts in organising Tilly's gift.

I find the accusation interesting that I had you in mind as being the one who turned this thread into something about comparing the new players to the old players. It was another person's post so I'm really not sure why you've said this? You can go back and see who took the discussion in a different direction - maybe when you look at when I accused other fans of not caring. But in any case I don't see why I need to "have the balls" to try to start a personal confrontation with that person. That's not what I want. I don't seek a personal confrontation with anyone on here. That person has a view on this that I obviously completely disagree with, but should that mean that I have to make this personal and name that person individually?

As to your point about supporting the current players, the issue I have is certainly not that. It's in the way OUR club has been and continues to be run, and how OUR club's fans and loyal servants have been and continue to be treated.

And YB - in response to your post in response to mine - when you say "Apologies for discussing football on a football forum", that's also being a bit unfair. I said "Comparing the players is an interesting debate and I wouldn't wish to stifle it, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this particular thread." There are plenty of threads to debate this player or that one, or to compare one set of players to another. My concern when starting this thread was about the unfulfilled promises and the continuing uncertainties over the club's future as summer has now clearly come and gone (and so have the promises over what would happen in the summer). That topic of debate then gets moved onto another one. Does the original topic not have a right to be debated without it being taken down a different route?

It seems to me that there are people who want to avoid discussing these major issues. Maybe because they think everything is all right or that it will be, or because they'd rather bury their heads and let what will be happen, or because they're bored or scared with these issues and just want to concentrate on the football, or some other reason. If they don't want to debate these issues, that's fine for them, but I personally think there's no bigger issue for OUR club right now and it has a right to be discussed.

Last edited:
ESB - I have to ask - why do you often seem to look for a personal confrontation with me?

Maybe its because that is his raison d'etre for frequenting this site?
You've not got the monopoly on being the target of his confrontation though. He's had issues with certain people who no longer choose to post on this site, and specifically in one case I know this is due to his abrasive nature. I also am now seemingly in the ESB firing line for daring to question "the world according to..." - I've asked myself over and over again what, other than not agreeing in a black and white manner what his points of views are, when the point was when he chose to start this agenda of ne'er saying pretty much everything I do &/or post. The only conclusion I can reach, other than my previous point about how he presumably seeks some kind of gratification from personally winding people up, usually on topics he doesn't have the 100% full facts about, is that he seemed to get the hump when we disagreed about the worth of what the SUFC fitness coach was actually doing in terms of earning his money 18 months or so ago.

I don't want this to descend into yet another slanging match between posters, and yes I take full culpability for certain posts that had to be removed yesterday & upon reflection would like to have dealt with that situation differently in order to get the larger point at hand across. I would like to think the people in question will not see anything inflammatory that will need removing from this specific post and full discussion both on this thread and moderators/owners forum can take place without any need for further argument and ill-feeling.

Sorry to hijack your post Elstree (& I hope you don't see it that way & it's certainly not you I'm trying to get this repeat message across to), but I just wanted to add some weight behind your sentiment. I agree with your words in your last (& earlier) posts on this pretty much 100% and feel that you're only responding to somebody who is, yet again, trying to fan the flames and cause discontent on here and in this case in a fairly direct, angry and personal manner - not the first time in the past couple of week I hasten to add.

Looks like you have fanned those flames though Rich. I dont see a need to single out ESB and I don't see any reason why this thread has ended up getting personal

Looks like you have fanned those flames though Rich. I dont see a need to single out ESB and I don't see any reason why this thread has ended up getting personal

See the post that Elstree has quoted (as I mentioned) as well as various unecessary "digs" which were designed to get a response (which they did) & ended up having to be deleted yesterday.

EastStandBlue;1222629[U said:
]If you're going to accuse me, at least have the balls to do it, instead of hiding behind inferences[/U].

I was merely making the point that instead of people "not caring", as you seem quick to label it, about the club, they are merely diverting their energy into the football aspect of the football club, as the continuing struggle is exactly that, a struggle.

If supporting the players we currently have at our disposal is tantamount to burying my head in the sand, then guilty as charged.

And if you had any balls(unlike "Sir Rusty")you would have taken my bet about Corr rather than using a quote of mine(out of context)as part of your signature in every post.If that's not provocation I don't know what is.

Last edited:
See the post that Elstree has quoted (as I mentioned) as well as various unecessary "digs" which were designed to get a response (which they did) & ended up having to be deleted yesterday.

Well I've read the thread again and I still don't see it.

Anyway, MOTD and FLS in bed time I think

Well I've read the thread again and I still don't see it.

I just came back to edit my response to you with "and that's just in this thread" - the constant sniping is what I'm on about, take his comment about who was doing the interviewing in the Cottage Pie thread as an example :winking:

ESB-And if you had any balls(unlike "Sir Rusty")you would have taken my bet about Corr rather than using a quote of mine(out of context)as part of your signature in every post.If that's not provocation I don't know what is.

Pipe down BarnaBlue. Personally I think you deserve all the stick you get.

ESB - Please let me know where I've said that people who I believe are burying their heads in the sands are "not caring" as you've accused me of being "quick" to do. If I have ever said that those fans don't care, then I apologise to those people, but I don't recall ever having done so. Maybe you're confusing me with someone else or attributing some views to me that you think I might have (but don't)? I believe virtually everyone on here cares deeply about OUR club. We all have different opinions about a number of things from whether we should turn up and support without making or fuss or protest instead, or whether we should boo our own players or always support them. There are many different points of view and that makes this forum interesting.

ESB - I have to ask - why do you often seem to look for a personal confrontation with me? You and I have clashed in the past several times over your concerns with the consortium, and with my concerns with how you don't seem to me to be as vigorous in holding the current board to account as you are with the consortium. But that shouldn't mean there should be anything personal between us. For example, I've applauded your efforts in organising Tilly's gift.

I find the accusation interesting that I had you in mind as being the one who turned this thread into something about comparing the new players to the old players. It was another person's post so I'm really not sure why you've said this? You can go back and see who took the discussion in a different direction - maybe when you look at when I accused other fans of not caring. But in any case I don't see why I need to "have the balls" to try to start a personal confrontation with that person. That's not what I want. I don't seek a personal confrontation with anyone on here. That person has a view on this that I obviously completely disagree with, but should that mean that I have to make this personal and name that person individually?

As to your point about supporting the current players, the issue I have is certainly not that. It's in the way OUR club has been and continues to be run, and how OUR club's fans and loyal servants have been and continue to be treated.

Apologies if you weren't inferring to my contributions, although I don't think it's hard to see why I would jump to that conclusion given our previous debates over the various issues affecting our club at the moment.

Maybe its because that is his raison d'etre for frequenting this site?
You've not got the monopoly on being the target of his confrontation though. He's had issues with certain people who no longer choose to post on this site, and specifically in one case I know this is due to his abrasive nature. I also am now seemingly in the ESB firing line for daring to question "the world according to..." - I've asked myself over and over again what, other than not agreeing in a black and white manner what his points of views are, when the point was when he chose to start this agenda of ne'er saying pretty much everything I do &/or post. The only conclusion I can reach, other than my previous point about how he presumably seeks some kind of gratification from personally winding people up, usually on topics he doesn't have the 100% full facts about, is that he seemed to get the hump when we disagreed about the worth of what the SUFC fitness coach was actually doing in terms of earning his money 18 months or so ago.

I don't want this to descend into yet another slanging match between posters, and yes I take full culpability for certain posts that had to be removed yesterday & upon reflection would like to have dealt with that situation differently in order to get the larger point at hand across. I would like to think the people in question will not see anything inflammatory that will need removing from this specific post and full discussion both on this thread and moderators/owners forum can take place without any need for further argument and ill-feeling.

Sorry to hijack your post Elstree (& I hope you don't see it that way & it's certainly not you I'm trying to get this repeat message across to), but I just wanted to add some weight behind your sentiment. I agree with your words in your last (& earlier) posts on this pretty much 100% and feel that you're only responding to somebody who is, yet again, trying to fan the flames and cause discontent on here and in this case in a fairly direct, angry and personal manner - not the first time in the past couple of week I hasten to add.

I find this post all the more hypocritical coming from someone who, for the past few months at least in my opinion, has sought to undermine those deemed to be apathetic in their support of the football club. You’ve accused me of following you around the board picking fights, but I can just as easily drop the same charges at your door... knowing at least one person who now refrains from posting on this board having been made to feel humiliated for disagreeing with you.

I’m no shrinking violet, I’m not going to cower in the corner because I disagree with your stance and I’m certainly not going to let you paint me as this pantomime villain for voicing my opinion, even if it is contrary it is to yours, on what is essentially a forum based on individual views. You accuse me of having this personal vendetta against you, and then proceed to jump on a post Elstree has made to make your accusations.

Personally, it's clear that me and you will never see eye to eye, so for the time being at least I'll be sticking you on ignore and I suggest you do the same... Although if you do have such a serious problem with me I've no idea why this couldn't be made in a PM, rather than dragged across the board.

Now, I'm going to go back to celebrating today's three points.

And if you had any balls(unlike "Sir Rusty")you would have taken my bet about Corr rather than using a quote of mine(out of context)as part of your signature in every post.If that's not provocation I don't know what is.

What, you mean when I said that I believed Corr was capable of scoring somewhere between 10-15 goals for the and then you immediately challenged me to a bet that he wouldn't score 20? And that's the whole quote relating to Corr, I could use the context it was given in (where you labelled the entire squad, bar Moshni and Grant, as dross), but that would probably be an oversized signature.

And besides, you're just as much as a wind up merchant than I...

Last edited:
I just came back to edit my response to you with "and that's just in this thread" - the constant sniping is what I'm on about, take his comment about who was doing the interviewing in the Cottage Pie thread as an example :winking:

Come on Rich I thought you had a sense of humour! You're starting to sound like another Scotland based Southend fan! (that was a joke).

What, you mean when I said that I believed Corr was capable of scoring somewhere between 10-15 goals for the and then you immediately challenged me to a bet that he wouldn't score 20? And that's the whole quote relating to Corr, I could use the context it was given in (where you labelled the entire squad, bar Moshni and Grant, as dross), but that would probably be an oversized signature.

And besides, you're just as much as a wind up merchant than I...

As you know full well the bet for 20 goals was made in response to Pubey who extrapolated that Corr could reach that figure.The bet for 15 goals was made to you in reponse to your claim repeated above.
I accept the "wind up merchant" charge but, in my case, it's ususally only true as regards politics and not across the board, as in your case.
BTW it's as not than.Pip,pip!

Last edited:
Indeed. So why get bitter about it now when it seemed to be taken in good humour earlier.

I'm not bitter about it.
Honestly, it was just the first post that sprung easily to mind to demonstrate how I'm "being followed around & picked on"...

As you know full well the bet for 20 goals was made in response to Pubey who extrapolated that Corr could reach that figure.The bet for 15 goals was made to you in reponse to your claim repeated above.
I accept the "wind up merchant" charge but, in my case, it's ususally only true as regards politics and not across the board, as in your case.

As I said before, you must be either blind, stupid, or both. I said double figures would be my target for Corr, and ESB said he'd predict 10-15. Therefore there is no rational reason why we'd make bets for 20 and 15 respectively, as neither of us ever suggested he'd get that total.

I said if you extrapolated his current strike rate and assumed he played every future game then he'd get 20 goals. I also said that I'm not keen to make bets on single players because they run the risk of getting injured. Corr already was injury prone, and again today he broke down.

BTW it's as not than.Pip,pip!

Yes. You're right. How silly of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back