• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Speaking to Jobbo this morning....

They cant have macclesfield in the east blue - last time this happened a fight broke out so thats a no go!

However they are going to look at giving us yet another block towards the east side of the north so it will be like Accrington but a block futher to the East giving us 70% of the north stand with Macclesfield with 1 block.

THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED YET - Dave does not know yet how many Macclesfield will bring its a double edged sword here they may not turn up in numbers because they are a tiny club and dont travel well OR they will bring a few extra to see their last game in the football league - either way I cant see any more then 300 in ANY instance.

I will have an update on Wednesday.

As for going on the pitch - club dont want us on the pitch HOWEVER I have asked if the point can be raised where the team do a lap of honour and then go up to the directors area (like when we won league 1) and then we can pour on to the pitch and maybe here a speach from Luggy or some of the players! - I think thats a best of both worlds solution and I will hear back on that.

Once more thanks to Dave Jobson himself this season for working with us and always having his door open for us to meet and talk about how the club can help the fans raise the atmosphere.

Really? As I recall, those 14 or so Macclesfield fans were given a lot of respect by us so I'm very surprised to hear that a fight occurred.

Speaking to Jobbo this morning....

They cant have macclesfield in the east blue - last time this happened a fight broke out so thats a no go!

However they are going to look at giving us yet another block towards the east side of the north so it will be like Accrington but a block futher to the East giving us 70% of the north stand with Macclesfield with 1 block.

THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED YET - Dave does not know yet how many Macclesfield will bring its a double edged sword here they may not turn up in numbers because they are a tiny club and dont travel well OR they will bring a few extra to see their last game in the football league - either way I cant see any more then 300 in ANY instance.

I will have an update on Wednesday.

As for going on the pitch - club dont want us on the pitch HOWEVER I have asked if the point can be raised where the team do a lap of honour and then go up to the directors area (like when we won league 1) and then we can pour on to the pitch and maybe here a speach from Luggy or some of the players! - I think thats a best of both worlds solution and I will hear back on that.

Once more thanks to Dave Jobson himself this season for working with us and always having his door open for us to meet and talk about how the club can help the fans raise the atmosphere.

The team never got to do the whole lap of honour when we won League 1. The team spent ages in front of family & friends in the Blue seats, when they eventually moved on there was a mass pitch invasion before they even got to the West Stand. Mind you that was with nearly 12,000 people in the ground & I cant see the crowd on Sat being anywhere near that.

Not sure Luggy doing a speech would be a good idea, would need subtitles on the defunct scoreboard!

Re going on the pitch, im not advocating the idea, i sit in the east stand yellows with my young son so i wouldnt bother. BUT, it is a league ruling that fans are not allowed on the pitch. If you have watched the past few weeks on TV there have been many pitch invasions, swindon, shrews, reading, southampton. Once a few have got on there is little the stewards can do. Providing its done in the correct way and doesnt casue safety issues i dont see it being a problem, it hasnt in the past.

Has there ever been a match when not a single away supporter turned up?

Do you mean involving a Southend match if so probably, but it's very hard to verify especially in the days before segregation. But I dare say in days gone by there may have been a Weds afternoon game where there was not one away fan has turned up or maybe a Christmas Day fixture. But crowds were bigger back then and going to away games was very popular.

If you mean ever in the history of Football then yes it probably happens every week in non-league especially at Essex Senior League and similar levels around the country.

With regards to Macclesfield game I can't see them bringing more than 50 fans and even that is more than they had last season. Have they got a supporters coach running this time? Mind you I don't blame them for not wanting to go.

Well done Scott - no matter what is agreed on, it's fantastic to see the Supporters and the Club in open dialogue.

Long may it continue ! !

UTB - TBV

If I was a Macc fan, not having seen your team win all year, I wouldnt be too enthusiastic about seeing what potentially could be a hammering by us. Nevermind that its their last game in the league, I imagine what fans they have left are thoroughly depressed and very reluctant to cough up £40/50 for a trip down south.

The team never got to do the whole lap of honour when we won League 1. The team spent ages in front of family & friends in the Blue seats, when they eventually moved on there was a mass pitch invasion before they even got to the West Stand. Mind you that was with nearly 12,000 people in the ground & I cant see the crowd on Sat being anywhere near that.

went down to the ticket office this morning at half nine ish and had to queue very surprising could be quite the bumper gate

The team never got to do the whole lap of honour when we won League 1. QUOTE]

They did do a lap on honour, I have pictures of the day at home!

Sorry you are wrong the lap of honour was interrupted about three quarters of the way of the West Stand when fans started going on the pitch. I remember Efe Sodje on crutches having to flee back to the safety of the players tunnel.

Just get em to go the other way round should things go our way..

Back