• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How else was he to get back the money he loaned RM some time back? allegedly of course..:liar:

Yes but then Tara's presumably naive for believing that said shares would come to fruition (considering they're not even shares in the club but in something which has no assets), and why would someone who was doing OK as CEO of a decent IT company sack it all in to be Chief Exec of a 4th division club? It doesn't really stack up, any of it.

TB needs to come up with some magic words to pacify the meeting tomorrow . Ken will be ok after the first offer of...Want some Cake!

Regarding the VAT rise, did Uncle Ron honestly think he could cover the costs for all matchday ticket costs when he didnt up the prices for us? I know it's only 2.5% increase on a £16/18 ticket, but it all adds up. That increase could have benefited the club.

Yes but then Tara's presumably naive for believing that said shares would come to fruition (considering they're not even shares in the club but in something which has no assets), and why would someone who was doing OK as CEO of a decent IT company sack it all in to be Chief Exec of a 4th division club? It doesn't really stack up, any of it.

Agree, something doesnt add up - all seems very dodgy to me. However, to his credit, not that I know much about him and only going by press coverage - Brady did appear to have successfully turned Calyx around before he joined us - http://www.microscope.co.uk/news/reseller-news/calyx-ms-ceo-brady-signs-for-southend-utd/. Thing is, turning round an IT company by restructuring and cost cutting, and finding other investors to buy out the profitable bits is marginally easier than turning round a league 2 football club , with poor cashflow, limited commercial appeal and previous history of bad debt and a succession of greedy chairmen with a penchant for bad management... Makes you wonder whether he was told the truth or was presented with a rose tinted version...??

A couple of questions you could ask:
Has he been brought in to turn Southend around, as he did at Calyx?
Is he being paid - if so, by what means, and ask him to explain why the players and staff arent being paid?
Did he know what a disingenuous **** RM is.... has he been stitched up by Ron??

Thanks
S

Last edited:
A couple of questions you could ask:
Has he been brought in to turn Southend around, as he did at Calyx?
Is he being paid - if so, by what means, and ask him to explain why the players and staff arent being paid?
Did he know what a disingenuous **** RM is.... has he been stitched up by Ron??

Thanks
S
I think he's on record as saying he isn't paid.

There are two key questions to be answered,

1 .Have ALL players actually been paid and Has the tax man.

2. If finances are so bad that we havent, then why were we told money from Sainsburys would tide us over all season.

Let him know prior to the meeting that you want answers so he cant fob you off when he arrives.

Oh and why isnt Johnny Herd playing.

Pretty big IF in our case!

Agreed, and I hope he's got a good chunk on success (if it happens). I'm sure he's a smart cookie and has weighed up reputational risk, notional remuneration, personal wrongful trading liabilities etc against NPV of future rewards

There are two key questions to be answered,

1 .Have ALL players actually been paid and Has the tax man.

2. If finances are so bad that we havent, then why were we told money from Sainsburys would tide us over all season.

Let him know prior to the meeting that you want answers so he cant fob you off when he arrives.

Oh and why isnt Johnny Herd playing.

And when's the SZ Eggheads episode being aired?

Find out if he worked in the city, I think it might have been mentioned but I'm not sure.

I think he's on record as saying he isn't paid.

In the BBC interview he stated that he is not taking a salary from the club, but if did read somewhere on world wide web that is is still doing a consulting role for his old company calys to help the new guy settle in doubt if he doing that for no money

Back