• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guybrush UTB

Many of you on here have expressed your displeasure of some of our fans, particularly at the abuse that they level towards our players.

I regret to say that one of our "fans" was a true and utter disgrace this evening on a train back from Fenchurch Street.

He sat in a seat one row away from a young child - no older than 9 - and proceeded to sing football chants at the top of his voice, beginning with the "Santi Cazorla" song.

At first I thought he was just an intoxicated Gooner, so I politely asked him to keep it down, as the young child and his mother were rather intimidated by this young man's noise.

Instead of keeping it down, he proceeded to call me a "dick head" and began the "Everywhere we go" chant, at which point I felt utter disgust that he was, in fact, a "Southend fan".

He sang so loudly that the mother and her child were forced to change carriages, due to the noise and profanities spilling from this person's mouth. Once again, I politely asked him to keep the noise down, to which he replied with another rally of abuse.

He then decided to call everyone in his phone book, making a very conscious effort to talk as loudly as possible, using as many profanities as possible to ensure his point was made.

We then had to sit through an hour's train journey with this young "man" chanting at the top of his lungs, disrupting everyone on the train's journey, making a compete and utter fool of himself in front of a large number of people, and continuously using foul language to try and prove a point to some imaginary person.

After ignoring this idiot for about 15 minutes, he decided to start trying to single me out, calling me a "Colchester fan" and targeting anti-Semitic chants at me (which, by the way, he didn't know the correct lyrics to and just made even more of a fool of himself). My girlfriend was with me at the time, and had it not been for her I would've reacted more strongly, but with her influence I merely ignored his goading and left him to his own accord.

Another half hour passed with this imbecile continuing to shout random nonsense at the top of his lungs, littered with insults aimed at myself and my girlfriend, until he finally decided to get off the train at Benfleet (this is after he decided to try and be polite to ask me where the toilets were, to only return and call me a ******** again).

If this guy is reading this - you're an utter disgrace to yourself, to Essex and to this football club, and here's a few pointers for you:

1. Learn the words to our songs
2. Don't insult your fellow supporters
3. Don't swear in front of young children
4. Try not to make as much of an idiot of yourself as you did tonight
5. Don't ever, and I mean ever, bump into me again if I'm not with my girlfriend.

If anyone on this forum happens to know this person (I refuse to call them a human after their behaviour tonight) please try and talk some sense into them. No one should have to put up with that language and provocativeness - least of all young children.

And just as a preface - I'm a 27 year-old.

They are out there, they walk among us, they can, at times behave like regular persons BUT they can be embarrassing, stupid, vile and when they display an "allegiance" to our team it does seem worse and shameful for all.
I can't abide this sort of low life - there is too much of it about.
UTB!

Many of you on here have expressed your displeasure of some of our fans, particularly at the abuse that they level towards our players.

I regret to say that one of our "fans" was a true and utter disgrace this evening on a train back from Fenchurch Street.

He sat in a seat one row away from a young child - no older than 9 - and proceeded to sing football chants at the top of his voice, beginning with the "Santi Cazorla" song.

At first I thought he was just an intoxicated Gooner, so I politely asked him to keep it down, as the young child and his mother were rather intimidated by this young man's noise.

Instead of keeping it down, he proceeded to call me a "dick head" and began the "Everywhere we go" chant, at which point I felt utter disgust that he was, in fact, a "Southend fan".

He sang so loudly that the mother and her child were forced to change carriages, due to the noise and profanities spilling from this person's mouth. Once again, I politely asked him to keep the noise down, to which he replied with another rally of abuse.

He then decided to call everyone in his phone book, making a very conscious effort to talk as loudly as possible, using as many profanities as possible to ensure his point was made.

We then had to sit through an hour's train journey with this young "man" chanting at the top of his lungs, disrupting everyone on the train's journey, making a compete and utter fool of himself in front of a large number of people, and continuously using foul language to try and prove a point to some imaginary person.

After ignoring this idiot for about 15 minutes, he decided to start trying to single me out, calling me a "Colchester fan" and targeting anti-Semitic chants at me (which, by the way, he didn't know the correct lyrics to and just made even more of a fool of himself). My girlfriend was with me at the time, and had it not been for her I would've reacted more strongly, but with her influence I merely ignored his goading and left him to his own accord.

Another half hour passed with this imbecile continuing to shout random nonsense at the top of his lungs, littered with insults aimed at myself and my girlfriend, until he finally decided to get off the train at Benfleet (this is after he decided to try and be polite to ask me where the toilets were, to only return and call me a ******** again).

If this guy is reading this - you're an utter disgrace to yourself, to Essex and to this football club, and here's a few pointers for you:

5. Don't ever, and I mean ever, bump into me again if I'm not with my girlfriend.

If anyone on this forum happens to know this person (I refuse to call them a human after their behaviour tonight) please try and talk some sense into them. No one should have to put up with that language and provocativeness - least of all young children.

You should have recorded him and put it on YouTube.

On the contrary, you should have recorded it and sent it to Essex Police and our PLO! I'm sure he's probably already known to them.

Anyone know if there is CCTV on C2C? Maybe that's an avenue, although I doubt if the Transport Police would follow it up.

Do you think the bold shows he's not 'really' a Southend fan? Maybe he just went to Wembley once.

Doing this in front of a young child is pretty disgusting, no matter how drunk you are.

He certainly sounds like a ****, probably had a few sherberts too many, but I doubt the police will do anything. Drunken ***** do far worse on our trains and generally elsewhere.

Just another **** that's had too many sherberts on a Friday night.

We've all had experiences of idiots on the 'Vomit Comet', just chalk it up.

Shame he was apparently a Shrimper but all clubs have their share of pathetic fans. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

He certainly sounds like a ****, probably had a few sherberts too many, but I doubt the police will do anything. Drunken ***** do far worse on our trains and generally elsewhere.

Oh so that's OK then? I doubt you'd feel the same if you were on the receiving end.

4. Try not to make as much of an idiot of yourself

Sounds like us lot in the East Bank!

Oh so that's OK then? I doubt you'd feel the same if you were on the receiving end.

Point to the part where I said it was ok.

What I said is that the police would be inundated if they arrested every c*ck who made a tool of themselves on a late night train.

And with that comment you make yourself as big a ******** as the bloke you've written about.

No, he dosent. Guybrush has the moral high ground. If I'd have been on my own with this community destroyer, I would have taken him out with a well placed foot trip hazard.

FFS whatever next

man seen wearing SUFC shirt drops litter in high street on a weds evening - ban him for life, woman SUFC fan drunkenly signing loudly in pub after 5pm on a Monday evening but get the words wrong, record and send to police for a 3 yr ban from football and life time ban from all pubs in the country.

grow up

As Southend United fans we have standards to maintain.

We don't want people to think we support a common football team.

Pretty bad form.

( Shouts "Smithers, have you finished polishing the Rolls yet ?" )

This bloke should be pitied for being drunk whilst singing stuff about football,when I'm drunk I only sing Adele stuff(badly).

Back