• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After we lost 1-0 to them last year, we exacted revenge with a 2-0 win at their home ground last season. A repeat of that would be fantastic.
Well worth the 2-0 win at the Pirelli last season. Should be more of the same this season.......Would'nt be surprised if it's not also their biggest league crowd of the season so far. Sounds like we'll have a good turnout for this one, poss 500+.

I'm not far from Burton this morning and the rain is very heavy and forecast to continue. Anyone know if there is a pitch inspection due today?

i saw someone post on FB that she phoned and they had no rain overnight but were having inspection around 11/12 . Forecast does look like chucking it down until kick off!

FFS! 1-0 Burton, Paterson. It had to be him, didn't it. :thumbdown::'(

Good technique Kris - hope it works!
Would have been my first match of the season but for a poorly partner in hospital with pneumonia -
shall I take the ipad to afternoon visiting?
By the way, anyone know, did Uncle Ron take the squad to St Georges for a pre-match Christmas / new year /
thanks for the fantastic run lads celebration - the 'England Experience'? Would have been a nice gesture!

i saw someone post on FB that she phoned and they had no rain overnight but were having inspection around 11/12 . Forecast does look like chucking it down until kick off!

Thanks for that information (what is a "FB" by the way?) .......... am part way to Burton now and will stay put for the next hour to see what develops.

Sent using a sausage and a slate board T407h

One change, Barry in for Britt.

Not for me. Corr is overrated and gives PS the excuse to revert to his preferred tactics of last season which has been proven out to be unnecessary by the form and results during this campaign. Pace up front has been our underlying success story so corr or Eastwood should always be separated and play alongside either Assombalonga or Tomlin. prefer Eastwood as it will still lend itself to deck football.

Not for me. Corr is overrated and gives PS the excuse to revert to his preferred tactics of last season which has been proven out to be unnecessary by the form and results during this campaign. Pace up front has been our underlying success story so corr or Eastwood should always be separated and play alongside either Assombalonga or Tomlin. prefer Eastwood as it will still lend itself to deck football.

Agree with this 100%.:thumbsup:

Unless, the deck is unplayable I would go for Eastwood every day of the week over Big Average Barry Corr, however, if the pitch is drenched, stick the big man in!!

How do you choose between Barry Corr and Freddy Eastwood? It's like choosing between Messi and Ronaldo. Except Corr and Eastwood are better, obviously.

I think Eastwood has only started three away league games under Sturrock so I'd expect Corr to get the nod.

Given the weather condition it looks like today will be all about character. One of those games where you win ugly and take it.

Back