• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Vampires

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
Could someone inform me at what point in history did vampires (and don't try and tell me theree is no such thing!) become martial arts experts?

All the Hollywood films, such as Blade and that crap one with Kate Beckinsale in it, as well as Buffy the Vampire Slayer have these be-fanged demons, not just going for the jugular disguised as bats and wolves but flying about like Bruce bloody Lee. When did that happen? Who had this rubbish idea?

Now I have extensively researched 16th and 17th century rural Transylvania and I find no evidence of a Sunday morning Judo class let alone full scale martial arts outbreaks.

What's this all about. Sort it out Hollywood! Oh! for the Hammer Horror of The Vampire Lovers or Twins of Evil.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Sep. 28 2006,12:53)]Oh! for the Hammer Horror of The Vampire Lovers or Twins of Evil.
Ingrid Pitt
love.gif

and Lust for a Vampire
and Countess Dracula...........

Ah your missing the Hong Kong cinema , the CLassic Mr Vampire ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Vampire
Eastern and Western Vampires are very differnet , generally to do with hopping
smile.gif

Mind if your an immortal bloodsucking fiend you might get a bit bored and most martials arts schools have evening classes now ;). There's also knitting and flower arraning .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Sep. 28 2006,12:53)]Oh! for the Hammer Horror of The Vampire Lovers or Twins of Evil.
But aren't Hammer to blame for the kung fu/vampire crossover? I don't know of any earlier examples than their collabration with the Shaw Brothers, "Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires" (1974).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Sep. 28 2006,17:26)]
[b said:
But aren't Hammer to blame for the kung fu/vampire crossover? I don't know of any earlier examples than their collabration with the Shaw Brothers, "Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires" (1974).
Propably not , Chinese legend has had their form of Vampires since propably around 11th centuary . Far predates the western version.

Ours is based more on the incubus/sucubus(i think their old persian demons not sure off top of head) , and are more sexual type of evil ;)

Maybe in film but id imagine its a homage to Hong Kong film ?

Back