• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onion_Bag_Dave

YEELLLOOOWWWSSS
So throughout the whole game, I try and do what I said I'd do! TRY AND GET THE CROWD GOING AROUND ME! (V BLOCK)

I sing the whole game, ALONE!

This is what I try and get singing! It's sort of an impossible job.

There will be more of these videos, if you spot yourself in one of these shameful and quite frankly embarrassing videos, NO you don't win a ****ing prize, but you have to sing up!

SOUTHEND AND WE'RE PROUD OF IT!

I really don't understand how uploading videos of people sitting down in an attempt to shame them into singing will help.

What really impressed me was you could here Paul Sturrock from the east stand shout "WELL DONE BLAIR" amazing how much sound can travel

It's just to show how it looks really! It might not help, but you never know aye?
I thought it was quite funny as it goes!

Can't see the video on my browser, which is a real shame, as it sounds absolutely hilarious!

I also go round filming random people who aren't singing. Got a cracking one of 5 people on a park bench somewhere. would put it on here but it's too funny

What gives you the right to say how others should behave? You sound like some religious zelot who says that the only true way is to do this that or the other. I will not be coerced into doing something that does not come naturally to me. I support the club the way I want to. I have no problem in singing or chanting (though I could quite easily do without the the tuneless drummer) and I'm sure it can help, but conversely a proportion of these 'signing fans' are also the ones who scream abuse at our own players and cheer when they are substituted! Hardly helping the team I would say.

What gives you the right to say how others should behave? You sound like some religious zelot who says that the only true way is to do this that or the other. I will not be coerced into doing something that does not come naturally to me. I support the club the way I want to. I have no problem in singing or chanting (though I could quite easily do without the the tuneless drummer) and I'm sure it can help, but conversely a proportion of these 'signing fans' are also the ones who scream abuse at our own players and cheer when they are substituted! Hardly helping the team I would say.

Very true words. Also this video shows men of nearly 60 years old. There are hardly going to be singing are they?

Wow!
I'm surprised some of you don't think it's funny, obviously a bit of a sensitive subject then!
Not a fan of abuse, offering someone out badge? What's the point! I don't appreciate your 'bully boy' comments, just calm down!

Twobob, I'm not dictating anything really, it's just a light hearted video, if you don't like it then fair enough.
The point is, I cannot understand why most of our fans just sit in their seat, not much emotion, that could be down to a few things! It isn't only about singing it about not having any emotion! Not even a clap!

Martin Caruthers I enjoyed your sarcastic post!

HarryHill_fight-1.jpg

I don't post much on here due to the general negativity and over reaction to everything that happens to our club, but I felt I needed to say my piece.
First I would like to say that I thought TBV were great on Friday. Gave noisy support right through the game. Well done.
But as for videoing people just sitting watching the match and trying to shame them into shouting and screaming for 90 minutes - I just don't get it.
Why don't you do what you want to do at a match and let others do what they want to do?

Wow!
I'm surprised some of you don't think it's funny, obviously a bit of a sensitive subject then!
Not a fan of abuse, offering someone out badge? What's the point! I don't appreciate your 'bully boy' comments, just calm down!

Twobob, I'm not dictating anything really, it's just a light hearted video, if you don't like it then fair enough.
The point is, I cannot understand why most of our fans just sit in their seat, not much emotion, that could be down to a few things! It isn't only about singing it about not having any emotion! Not even a clap!

Martin Caruthers I enjoyed your sarcastic post!

Because thats what 90% of people do at football matches!

The reason I don't want to just do what I want and let others do what they want because everyone in that ground on Friday night Have a passion for Southend united!
The point is to try and better the atmosphere, it doesn't have to be for 90minutes does it?
Pockets of people join in on occassions, so it is working slowly!
The atmosphere isn't only down to singing, the atmosphere is also just the actual mood inside the ground!

Are you suggesting that there is no point in trying to better the atmosphere? If so that's quite saddening!

Are you suggesting that there is no point in trying to better the atmosphere? If so that's quite saddening!

That's not the point that's being made at all. The point is that by filming them sitting down, and you seem to think that it's hilarious, you're not actually achieving anything apart from alienating those that may not particularly feel like chanting or singing. If you genuinely want to improve the atmosphere, then you should be looking to involve other supporters, not mock and humiliate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back