• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Virtual balloon race - fun comp to raise funds for the club and good causes!

Should have named mine 'It's no disgrace to float backwards' back 77 places now. If I could just get in amongst those balloons several big pricks would happen.Screenshot (9).png

Not a dig at the trust at all as it is nothing to do with them, but anyone else a tad disappointed with the visualisation of this?

Still enjoyable to follow though.

What do you mean? Most balloon races that have been run do so over a cartoon background as in the demo race. Ours has been designed to have some relevant backgrounds for the race and Chairman Paul Fitz has worked very hard trying to make it so.

I wish I knew how those two ducks have been customized - one yellow one with sunglasses and one red one with a crown!

My youngest grandson is currently 3rd and my daughter is currently 8th!

I hope they're going to be putting updates on the electronic scoreboard during the match on Saturday. That might be more exciting for some people.

Reactions: GBJ
Am still lagging behind and sitting comfortably in the middle of the pack.
Hopefully my balloon will have a sudden rush to push forward at the finishing line

Attachments

• 9D2B4864-07BA-4719-9262-788D36FD6E97.png
    9D2B4864-07BA-4719-9262-788D36FD6E97.png
    490.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Another blustery night and the balloons were over Dover at one point - but nobody likes it there...much nicer in Southend....the other Southend. Leaderboard 👇9CBD6A25-0F0D-4962-A185-61F9C360AF11.jpeg
56BDBEFC-1A54-4764-8C42-CFD6B14921A4.jpeg

What do you mean? Most balloon races that have been run do so over a cartoon background as in the demo race. Ours has been designed to have some relevant backgrounds for the race and Chairman Paul Fitz has worked very hard trying to make it so.

I'm referring to how the 3rd party site is representing the balloons in relative position to each other OBL, not the backgrounds - I find it difficult to follow but could just be me.

As stated in my OP, not a dig at the trust at all and really just an observation, but I apologise if it came across differently - I fully appreciate all the work the trust members do, as it is entirely voluntary and invariably done by people who are already incredibly busy.

I've made a dramatic surge and have gained nearly 200 places since last checking when I was 4th last! Watch out; Tes Is God is on the move...

Hmmm mine are still playing the long waiting game before moving up the field......or they are just still plain rubbish !

Moved up 30 places but still 3 figures worth of ballooScreenshot (10).pngns ahead of me.

I was sitting quite nicely in the middle and laying in 197th earlier.
I now seem to have gone backwards and wondering whether my balloon has a hole in it lol as seem to being backwards. Still I don’t want to be out front or peak too early as this is a marathon not a sprint 😂😂😂

Back