• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean 2

Director
Hey peoples.

I've a Vody contract phone and want t'internet.
How much download power do i need to have an evening for example of surfing do you think?
I wondered if Vody would upgrade my phone too for free if i went broadband with them as my moby now would be rubbish to surf about on.

I've also considered getting one of those computer notebooks as i do get around alot at weekends around the country,especially from spring to autumn and there is a possibility of using the wi-fi where i go.

..although the mobile option would be better AND i do need a new phone:cool:

Was also worried about slow t'internet,bad connection.I've still got roughly a year left on my contract (VERY cheap talktime btw) so can't really move to another supplier.

Any help gladly recieved! (i'll go and put the bins out and come back later)

Mate,

I've got the Vodafone 3G broadband thingy over here. Very handy for when away from home on the laptop, like on a train or at the airport etc. I find it can be awfully slow at times - but it all depends on your location etc.

Dunno about Vodafone UK, but over here they have a coverage map on the website, so you can see exactly how strong the signals are where you live and so forth. It's very detailed, showing individual roads in each county. Most certainly worth looking into before getting it.

Isn't this all a bit over technical for someone of your age?

:finger:

Isn't this all a bit over technical for someone of your age?

:finger:

:offtopic:Mods ban this idiot:cricko:

;)
I notice there's no "technical" input from you Cricko!

The only thing you could talk about i bet is me going out to do the bins on a Sun nite:stupidyou:

Be quiet or I will tell the Missus where that £10 quid went this weekend...:)

Mate,

I've got the Vodafone 3G broadband thingy over here. Very handy for when away from home on the laptop, like on a train or at the airport etc. I find it can be awfully slow at times - but it all depends on your location etc.

Dunno about Vodafone UK, but over here they have a coverage map on the website, so you can see exactly how strong the signals are where you live and so forth. It's very detailed, showing individual roads in each county. Most certainly worth looking into before getting it.

Thankyou Irish,at least someone on here offering help!
Coverage map looks typically good in big towns but god forbid should you wander out into the countryside! Is yours Wi-fi enabled as well?
Looking at those new Blueberry/Strawberry thingy phones and been trying to work out why they're so special (or is it Blackberry?:D).

Coverage map looks typically good in big towns but god forbid should you wander out into the countryside! Is yours Wi-fi enabled as well?
Looking at those new Blueberry/Strawberry thingy phones and been trying to work out why they're so special (or is it Blackberry?:D).

I rest my case melord.:dim:

...no probs there Creaky,straight in your back pocket,er,um,i mean straight into the SZ fund.

Shssssss the walls have eyes doncha know..there goes my Zone 2 weeks fact finding tour of the Caribbean.:'(

Anyway sod your phone ..who cares lol

Nope not Wi-fi enabled as far as i know. Plugs in through the usb slot on the laptop, and you connect through the network settings that way. As I said, it is absolutely fantastic if you are bored on a long train journey etc. If it is just for home use i'd just go get a broadband connection through the phone company mate.

Nope not Wi-fi enabled as far as i know. Plugs in through the usb slot on the laptop, and you connect through the network settings that way. As I said, it is absolutely fantastic if you are bored on a long train journey etc. If it is just for home use i'd just go get a broadband connection through the phone company mate.

Well as Sky are doing an offer that basically means free broadband,i'm looking to spend the difference per month on getting net on the move like.

Oooh are we playing this game now? I've kept patient for over a year with regards Crickson talking about my missus...it's time for payback :D

Lol ..1. Charlotte will kick yer ar$e for that..she knows a real man ..;)
2.. I have the power to change all things on the Zone so do I look Bovvered..

:D

Haha just noticed the age on your profile Mr Crickson...only 6 years older than me it seems. I apologise for any age related comments i've ever made :D

Well as Sky are doing an offer that basically means free broadband,i'm looking to spend the difference per month on getting net on the move like.[/QUOTE**

Lmao "on the move"....that would be your wheel chair then.

Try...www.iamoldbutneedtinternetonthemove.com

Maybe i could wheel that old thing outta your garage Creaky.
Y'know,that car that needs a HANDLE to start it:cricko:

Hey,i think it's time for old Graysblue to come back and clean this board up a bit...

Haha just noticed the age on your profile Mr Crickson...only 6 years older than me it seems. I apologise for any age related comments i've ever made :D

Yes but of course I fib about my age to make me seem older..:angel:.

Back