• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Voltage Cherry - Hit or Miss?

• Total voters

Roxy

Manager
Despite not having had the best of starts in terms of the result - wondered what people think having now seen this shirt at first hand? Have you changed your mind and cant wait to order or is it still just too pink?

Personally, I thought it looked good and will be even better with black shorts - definitely more 'voltage cherry' than pink imo. Still think someone in marketing needs to give reconsideration in taking in some stock of the ladies version though if they want to maximise their sales opportunities.

Verdict: Its a Yes from me:thumbsup:

Must say after psyching myself up for shocking pink when I saw it on the telly last night ...I was a bit disappointed. It looked more deep red than anything...... a short of claret......omg! :scared:

Hit. Especially with black shorts and socks. My guess is all white will be a third strip, which we'll need, of course, if the opposition wears blue and voltage...Crystal Palace in a cup game??:) Blue, blue, white for home strip? Or blue, white, white? Or all blue?

When I heard we'd be wearing white shorts and socks I didn't think it would like right. But I was surprised and thought it actually looked quite smart. At least you could see all of our players.

Having been a bit cynical when we announced we'd be having a pink kit I actually think it looks alright, and will go better with black shorts and socks. I can see why they haven't called it pink, it's a kind of dark/redish pink. I think it's quite smart. And as I said before, it is kind of relevant to the club as shrimps are pink. Will probably buy the home kit though.

Wasn't at the game, but saw the coverage on SSN last night and actually thought it looked ok (having totally slagged it off previously).

Tried to look at more pictures on the OS, but the front page link to the Wycombe photo gallery is broken. Pah.

Must say that with all the moaning about the choose of pink .It looked very pleaseing to the eye and it wasnt shocking pink infact it wasnt shocking at all .Thumbs up all around .

Has anyone got a link please for the goals? Mainly the kit I want to see

Definatly a yes from me, was very smart and looked good the more shocking fashion statement on show yesterday was Paul Sturrock in his kilt lol

I was dubious about the idea of a pink(ish) kit to begin with, but having seen it in real life now, I have to say I love it! Not only does it look great, it will get people talking about Southend. And it isn't pink.....it looks confident.

HIT!! It will definately look better with black shorts and socks. I think its good that we're having a bit of variety for a change instead of the same old same old.

Why am I not allowed to post my own photos?

Photos taken at a football ground can only be for personal use. Only photos taken by officially accredited photographers can be published on a public forum such as this. Bollocks I know, but it wouldn't take long for SUFC to spot them and get narky with us. Sorry.

Poll added by the way...

We have been threatened by the club before for posting pictures of players in stadiums pre-match wearing the kit. Not supposed to publish any pictures of players wearing official kit.

I'd heard this for during the game but never pre-match. If that's the case why are camera's not banned from league grounds?

Back