• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ......... Walsall (A)

Has it been confirmed that the card was wrong - I thought it had originally been shown to Oxley, then changed to Turner? Turner is the first to react.

Seems to have picked up the nickname Dross Joyce everywhere he goes

https://www.onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/dross-joyce.21276/

He’s always upsetting someone:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/furious-oldham-boss-john-sheridan-13565052

Oh and here as well.

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/ne...-bradford-city-vs-coventry-city-on-23-oct-18/

Trouble is they are local FA employees so seem to get preferential treatment. They have no empathy with the game of football.

I hope he can’t sleep at night but no doubt believes he is god’s gift to refereeing.

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that the card was wrong - I thought it had originally been shown to Oxley, then changed to Turner? Turner is the first to react.

If you look at both clips Turner seems to get booked in the first SKY clip and White definitely in the YouTube clip.

I generally try to give refs the benefit if the doubt. I do think those who bemoan refs and excuse it for our bad form are wrong.

However the ref yesterday was undoubtedly **** and cost us a point with his awful bottle job pen decision. However last week Wycombe had a player booked for what looked a stonewall pen, swings and roundabouts?

Wasn't it the same Wycombe player that went down about 2 or 3 times during the whole match?

Perhaps, but that's not the point, it was a pen. If that pen had been denied to us we'd be rightly fuming.

It's too easy to blame refs IMO and play the 'hard done by' card. Let's focus on the real problem, underperforming players and management.

We all seem to be forgetting that if Oteh hadn't cheated we probably wouldn't be talking about this - just watch him in the clip - cheating con merchant.

Let's hope with VAR we can in the future get rid of officials and only have the best in the middle!

Unfortunately there are precisely zero refs capable of replacing them from non-league. The officiating down here has to be seen to be believed.

Perhaps, but that's not the point, it was a pen. If that pen had been denied to us we'd be rightly fuming.

It's too easy to blame refs IMO and play the 'hard done by' card. Let's focus on the real problem, underperforming players and management.

Didn't make a difference to the result last week though did it; Friday's one did!!

Having watched the clips several times, I'd like to know the difference between the no-pen for Bunn and the one given to Oteh, it's the inconsistencies that annoy me most

Didn't make a difference to the result last week though did it; Friday's one did!!

Agreed. If we'd taken one of our earlier chances however, the ref's awful decision wouldn't have affected the result.

My point was that an equally awful decision in the previous match has been airbrushed from history, because it went in our favour! It didn't affect the result because we played so badly. There was no chance of taking advantage of the let off sadly.

Unfortunately there are precisely zero refs capable of replacing them from non-league. The officiating down here has to be seen to be believed.
That is my point by doing away with linos who only go with 3rd rate referees decision it will make a better game.
How many times does a lino wait to see what way the ref gives it before he signals (No point in being there! Like Sunday league)

That is my point by doing away with linos who only go with 3rd rate referees decision it will make a better game.
How many times does a lino wait to see what way the ref gives it before he signals (No point in being there! Like Sunday league)

I think (maybe @Mick can confirm) that this usually happens if the ref may have a better view than the lino. They are wired up these days so I guess in those circumstances the flag goes up under direction rather than as a result of the lino making the decision first.

Agreed. If we'd taken one of our earlier chances however, the ref's awful decision wouldn't have affected the result.

My point was that an equally awful decision in the previous match has been airbrushed from history, because it went in our favour! It didn't affect the result because we played so badly. There was no chance of taking advantage of the let off sadly.

We had 3 extremely poor decisions against us yesterday, not just one though!

I think (maybe @Mick can confirm) that this usually happens if the ref may have a better view than the lino. They are wired up these days so I guess in those circumstances the flag goes up under direction rather than as a result of the lino making the decision first.
Understand that but surely this could be done by a video and word in refs ear.

Just been told by someone enjoying some hospitality at Roots Hall that Mr Joyce is in the Captain's Suite today. He's a brave man showing his face at Roots Hall if true!!_

Back