• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Walsall v Southend United

I don't like to judge ref decisions until I see them in the highlights and not via radio but this sounds dubious.

:Sick:

Numb, and just beyond getting disappointed any more.

Bottom line is that the League table doesn’t lie at this stage of the season and we are where we deserve to be.

The referee's cost us the three points. I'm absolutely gutted and a quivering wreck. I feared it would end up 1-1...........but not in that way. Elvis will now have nightmares about that earlier miss, which will probably mean our relegation.

All over them, terrible decisions from the officials. Cruel at the end, should have be 2-0 at HT, sounds like the ref wanted his bit of glory!
Glenn Pennyfather just said on BBC Essex that it was never a penalty!

Weak mentality in this squad, so many times we have been broken at the last, Cox aside no leaders on the pitch.

You know what, I'll welcome league 2 now, we can get rid of the over paid ones and build a squad of solid triers that got us up under Tilson and the same under Brown. Taylor Moore is not even a Southend player and he has performed and fought more than 90% of the first team and then dropped, I suspect for being too professional

Can knock the effort overall but another late penalty costs us. If you look at the points we've drop alone here and vs Fleetwood we could be sitting 16th...

For once, the players don’t deserve that. We should have scored more than one, no doubt about it but the referee has absolutely cost us today. The disallowed goal now at half time is very costly and the fact we should have had a free kick before the penalty. When your luck is out it really is out. Just end the season now, I’m resigned to our fate.

Jeez this game can turn you inside out. Just how much that one goal will have turned our fortunes, and our moods. I was elated just moments before and really looking forward to us avoiding relegation. Feels like too much to ask now.

Prove me wrong boys.

Back