• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Was Molesley the wrong choice?

Made a very good decision not to apply even after Ron's request...

He did apply though as a duo with Tilson, as they did before. Millwall wouldn't let him out of his contract and he was convinced to stay anyway for his own benefit by Kavanagh. They were pretty much the front runners up to that point, and that's from Steve Tilson's mouth.

He did apply though as a duo with Tilson, as they did before. Millwall wouldn't let him out of his contract and he was convinced to stay anyway for his own benefit by Kavanagh. They were pretty much the front runners up to that point, and that's from Steve Tilson's mouth.

I believe he was given quite the lecture by Kavanagh about job security.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, at the time, I thought it was a great chose knowing his record, but at the time, I didn't know what sad state the club was in.

I'm going for yes very much, we needed a journey man.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, at the time, I thought it was a great chose knowing his record, but at the time, I didn't know what sad state the club was in.

I'm going for yes very much, we needed a journey man.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m just curious as to which journeyman you think would have done a better job?

I’m not suggesting their isn’t one, and I’m not looking to be provocative either, just asking.

Its tricky coming up with an inspiring and realistic alternative (journeyman or otherwise) that's for sure. I'm in the give him (MM) more time camp. MM does seem fairly impressive on the face of it but I can't for the life of me get my head round the large and motley crew around him who all look lightweight and a bit Victory Sports on a Sunday morning.

Its tricky coming up with an inspiring and realistic alternative (journeyman or otherwise) that's for sure. I'm in the give him (MM) more time camp. MM does seem fairly impressive on the face of it but I can't for the life of me get my head round the large and motley crew around him who all look lightweight and a bit Victory Sports on a Sunday morning.

I can't say I've really noticed that. One thing I have noticed, after each game he goes up to the ref and has a go. That really sticks in my mind, that he feels that we should have got something out of any of the games.

A manager (like) Ian Holloway would have done me, stop the rot, get some stability.

At Millwall he won 14, drew 19 lost 29. And I bet we're in a far worse state to begin with than Millwall were in. Doesn't seem like the person to stop the rot and get some stability.

At Millwall he won 14, drew 19 lost 29. And I bet we're in a far worse state to begin with than Millwall were in. Doesn't seem like the person to stop the rot and get some stability.

Was going to mention his Millwall run. He’s absolutely despised in SE16.

He’s not exactly set the world alight at Grimsby this season either. Despite overhauling the squad & bringing in a boat load of new players, they’ve only won 2 league games so far.

Ron knows all too well what Barrett is like so there was no way in the world he would have considered him.
They were only interviewed as a concession to Tilly’s excellence ten years previous and to quieten Chris Phillips and all the other misguided supporters.

Ron knows all too well what Barrett is like so there was no way in the world he would have considered him.
They were only interviewed as a concession to Tilly’s excellence ten years previous and to quieten Chris Phillips and all the other misguided supporters.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with that. They were interviewed, both at the time of Sol's appointment and this time - at length and several times..

Is he still here ? If he is healthy enough surely Luggy should get a tap on the shoulder for the rest of the season. He has worked in dire situation last time albeit he was able to bring in more players than we have. That said would the 6 players he could of bought in been better than Mark "Bournemouth Un23" contact Moseley? I think the answer is yes. Would he or a manager of his ilk who has been in the professional lower leagues a long time make a better fist of it ...an even more resounding yes. There would be none of this tippy tappy Backwardsalona that we are playing now, every game with epic failure in the vain hope that one game in the entire season we would actually get a win with it.

I would say 99% of the fans now know this isn't going to turn around on Marks watch, he has not got the foresight to try a plan B or C, He does not have the football connections and for all the graft, washing in the sinks and boots and laces and sleeping in a tesco bag for life in the changing rooms isn't going to change things. It is the equivalent of me picking the lottery numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 every weekend for the rest of my life hoping it will win....enough it enough...

We won’t win a bloody game under MM so he had to go I’m afraid. The quicker it happens the more chance we have of a sniff of staying up because at the moment we’re down. I just cannot see an improvement under MM it’s dire.

As I've stated previously Ron really wanted Barrett but got very upset when he accepted the Millwall stand in manager role as he was expecting him to resign instead. Why Martin expected that even before a formal offer was made is another example of how woeful he is at business.

Back