• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watching Games on iFollow?

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
With the likelihood of being able to visit ground this year not be achievable, the only way we may be able to watch Southend is via iFollow.

I have never used iFollow so am not sure what it costs our exiles to use the service.

My question is what would you be willing to pay per game or for a ‘season pass’ if they don’t have ability to get crowds back into grounds next season.

I know we all go to see friends, for the atmosphere, the ‘banter’ or for the great tasting burgers but I think I’d be willing to part with my cash just to see the mighty Shrimpers playing whilst sat at home.

Currently a match pass is £10 which seemed fair, however i would happily pay a bit more of that's the only way we can see us smash up league 2.

I have used it in the past for evening games that i haven't been able to make, i don't think they were allowed to stream it at 3pm on a Saturday unless you are based outside the UK so that will have to change!

Currently a match pass is £10 which seemed fair, however i would happily pay a bit more of that's the only way we can see us smash up league 2.

I have used it in the past for evening games that i haven't been able to make, i don't think they were allowed to stream it at 3pm on a Saturday unless you are based outside the UK so that will have to change!
The 3pm rule has changed.

I'm concerned of the number of people who complained about it not working when (logic dictates) less people were using it.

The 3pm rule has changed.

I'm concerned of the number of people who complained about it not working when (logic dictates) less people were using it.
Ahh I didn't know that! cheers.

Yeah it was always a bit ropey as its just a single video feed with radio over the top.

Watched a couple of games being shown behind closed doors ......and must admit it left me feeling depressed.Just came over as a training game with all you could hear the players shouts echoing around the empty stadium.
Whether Southend playing would make a difference to the experience I still doubt as when the new season starts we won't even know half the team so will not have a close connection with the players.
What is a fair price and how soon would you lose interest if we have another bad season.

Watched a couple of games being shown behind closed doors ......and must admit it left me feeling depressed.Just came over as a training game with all you could hear the players shouts echoing around the empty stadium.
Whether Southend playing would make a difference to the experience I still doubt as when the new season starts we won't even know half the team so will not have a close connection with the players.
What is a fair price and how soon would you lose interest if we have another bad season.
I think this is a danger for sure- but if it is Southend playing then I think it will be different and I for sure would watch. iFollow is decent, and the commentary OK (what they lack in polished performance they make up for in relevant knowledge about the club and its history). You here when iFollow isn't working but nearly always it does- biggest challenge is internet speed. This is incredibly slow here, and it still works, but I imagine a better service/picture if you have decent broadband.

I would be willing to pay to watch the games. Like others have said I’ve watched these other games with no crowds and can’t get into it. But as it would be the club I love then I would happily pay for it and have more vested in the game.

I've watched a couple of games on iFollow. Can be a bit hit-and-miss and doesn't play nice with Linux but not insurmountable issues.

Would be happy to pay a little more per game to see our club through this.

What would be nice - but probably not an option, on cost & safety basis - would be to have say 8 or 10 different feeds associated with the general area of your seat/season ticket, so you get a similar view to your normal view.

The EFL will have to think long and hard about iFollow - and how it can be used in the interim to provide much needed funds for clubs. I think it is going to need a massive overhaul to allow it to be used by the volume of fans it will be - plus the cost will probably need to go up to compensate for the loss in matchday revenue.

It's only $7 a game in the US, with obviously no restrictions on Saturday games. I don't buy a season pass as sometimes my work and being a lazy ******* on Saturday mornings prevents me from watching, but it's great value IMHO.

Supply/demand, increased revenue from more users, almost a captive audience etc suggests this is exactly the time to rip up the existing pre-Covid offering and invest in something much better for the fans. It would be interesting to know the clubs‘ views on away season tickets for 3pm kickoffs. How many would never make a trip to somewhere like Sunderland but would gladly have paid £15 to watch the game. I get the need to protect live attendance but, for me, the league and the clubs have been missing a trick for years in terms of U.K. distribution. I can only see it as incremental revenue.

Supply/demand, increased revenue from more users, almost a captive audience etc suggests this is exactly the time to rip up the existing pre-Covid offering and invest in something much better for the fans. It would be interesting to know the clubs‘ views on away season tickets for 3pm kickoffs. How many would never make a trip to somewhere like Sunderland but would gladly have paid £15 to watch the game. I get the need to protect live attendance but, for me, the league and the clubs have been missing a trick for years in terms of U.K. distribution. I can only see it as incremental revenue.
The argument against, rightly or wrongly, is if people can access games at 3pm it's not about them watching Southend online rather than attending it's that something else is viewable at the same time that isn't Southend so you lose a viewer in both areas.
I have no problems in paying personally - industries I work in have monetised in that way for years, it's the reliability of the streams and the quality of camerawork I have seen mentioned so many times online in the past.

Makes sense to me to allow ifollow for all not just exiles. I very rarely go to away games and if im in southend ill go and see them. I dont live there anymore so every weekend they are losing money from me and im sure im not the only one. I dont think it would stop the hardcore going to games home or away, aside from crazily far fixtures.

They should be seeing this as a time to improve the experience and professionalism of ifollow make it a more desirable experience.

Have used it a few times (although could only get mid week/Fri eve games) and to be honest I found it very amateurish.
Often I struggled to log on and when I did the quality was not good. I have also needed to have the radio on for commentary.
I would be prepared to pay for it but, think they need to upgrade the overall quality

I have used it three times for away games, worked fine but for one of the games the action was quite a bit ahead of the commentary so had to mute it. Assumed they would align it at half time but they didn't.

A lower fee might just see higher returns. The die-hard season ticket holders might pay £10-15 per game but the pay on the day fans will be tempted more often for a lower amount. I’d even go as low as a fiver to tempt a larger audience. I wouldn’t think twice about paying a fiver for most games as I would easily justify it, but at £15 I’d be much more selective.

I was a regular subscriber at €6 a game but the service was so unreliable. I can see I big uptake - of it happens - followed by a lot of requests for refunds/cancellations due to frustration. That will hurt clubs and something completely beyond their control.

Back