• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We'd be up already if.............

We'd be promoted automatically and possibly as Champs and possibly be in possession of the LDV if Nik Nak had played in those last few games of the season proper in place of White Boots . Harsh but fair ? . No one will convince me otherwise. I have total faith in Tilly and appreciate he knows best and sees all but really have to question ( again , like i have been for weeks on here ) his judgement on those repeated incorrect ( IMHO ) selections .

Yes, he wasn't up to scratch at Oxford but he isn't a natural defender. Yesterday he showed just how good he is on the left wing.

Nicky has obviously not impressed in training. Im sure if he had, Tilly would have had more faith in playing him ...

We'd have also have been promoted by now if we beat Yeovil, if Swansea would have lost to Bury, if we had beaten Grimsby etc. etc. etc.

Football is always a game of ifs.

Like, what if our manager had started with Eric Sabin???

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 22 2005,18:42)]Nicky has obviously not impressed in training. Im sure if he had, Tilly would have had more faith in playing him ...
Exactly - Tilly sees all the training sessions and the players overall attitude between games and this counts towards team selection not just what they do on a matchday. For what it's worth I believe Nicky should have been in the team in Gower's place long before Saturday, however for Southend's sake I'm glad Tilly is our manager not me as he does a far better job than I would - so I'm happy to bow to his judgement.

We can talk about ifs till we're blue in the face, all that matters is the fact we are one game away from promotion and in Tilly and Brush we have the best men to finish that job - so let's have some faith in them eh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Herts_Cobbler @ May 22 2005,20:37)]Football is always a game of ifs.

No doubt if you had started with Eric Sabin then you would have had another 100+ free kicks as the cheating w***er cannot stay on his feet for more than 30 secs without feeling the urge to dive.....

If he was that good then why didnt he start....?
rock.gif

Tissues for Herts_Cobbler please.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ May 22 2005,20:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 22 2005,18:42)]Nicky has obviously not impressed in training. Im sure if he had, Tilly would have had more faith in playing him ...
Exactly - Tilly sees all the training sessions and the players overall attitude between games and this counts towards team selection not just what they do on a matchday. For what it's worth I believe Nicky should have been in the team in Gower's place long before Saturday, however for Southend's sake I'm glad Tilly is our manager not me as he does a far better job than I would - so I'm happy to bow to his judgement.

We can talk about ifs till we're blue in the face, all that matters is the fact we are one game away from promotion and in Tilly and Brush we have the best men to finish that job - so let's have some faith in them eh?
Sorry I thought by saying in my original post by saying that I had total faith in Tilly that I expressed reasonably clearly that I er..... have faith in him
rock.gif
??? Does your response mean that we are not allowed to question anything ? surely that defeats the point of these boards if anyone who dares to question is viewed as some kind of traitor!!! However i firmly believe that no other manager would have put us in the position we are in ie 90 mins from promotion because Tilly has the Club in his blood and at this level that counts for a hell of a lot. See you at the Milstad .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 22 2005,21:07)]No doubt if you had started with Eric Sabin then you would have had another 100+ free kicks as the cheating w***er cannot stay on his feet for more than 30 secs without feeling the urge to dive.....

rock.gif

After what Nicky said about our penalty, you are skating on very thin ice DtS. And ALL the Cobbler's fans who have been on our board have been articulate, informative and very fair in their comments. There is absolutely no need for this sort of reaction - I'm sure the Rivals site will give you the badinage you seek.

glare.gif
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 22 2005,21:07)]
[b said:

No doubt if you had started with Eric Sabin then you would have had another 100+ free kicks as the cheating w***er cannot stay on his feet for more than 30 secs without feeling the urge to dive.....

rock.gif

Calm down...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 22 2005,18:13)]We'd be promoted automatically and possibly as Champs and possibly be in possession of the LDV if Nik Nak had played in those last few games of the season proper in place of White Boots .   Harsh but fair ? .  No one will convince me otherwise. I have total faith in Tilly and appreciate he knows best and sees all but really have to question ( again , like i have been for weeks on here )  his judgement on those repeated incorrect ( IMHO ) selections .
Why are you putting a message on here?.

Get a letter off to the "Echo",they like anything negative about Southend as they are all closet Wet Spam supporters!!.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fiftyone @ May 22 2005,21:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 22 2005,18:13)]We'd be promoted automatically and possibly as Champs and possibly be in possession of the LDV if Nik Nak had played in those last few games of the season proper in place of White Boots .   Harsh but fair ? .  No one will convince me otherwise. I have total faith in Tilly and appreciate he knows best and sees all but really have to question ( again , like i have been for weeks on here )  his judgement on those repeated incorrect ( IMHO ) selections .

Get a letter off to the "Echo",they like anything negative about Southend as they are all closet Wet Spam supporters!!.
rock.gif
erm... cos its a DISCUSSION board you numpty

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fiftyone @ May 22 2005,21:29)]
[b said:

rock.gif
This isn't exactly in the wiggy mold, is it? PS thinks that Nicky should have been playing on the wing instead of Gower for a while - he might have a point, but we'll never know. Lots of people have discussed and disagreed with Tilly's team selections lately. Whether or not we would have been up if Nicky had played is pure speculation, but hardly grounds for flaming him.

I don't think it was a case of if he played or he didn't we would of won , it is a case of the team were just not at the races against Oxford and Orient where imo these were big games, which should of been at least 4 points.

To his credit tilly knew there were certain players that didn't perform in those games and he didn't hang around in changing the team, the players now know that he isn't afraid of leaving Gower , Gray and even Fredy out if they are not pulling there weight.
It was a brave move but one that worked.

I for one think that it showed on sat as the players looked hungry again and gave their all and more.
After that performance i am proud to be walking into work a Shrimper, roll on sat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 22 2005,21:07)]
[b said:

Don't know who the bloke behind me was but when Sabin did his swallow dive the chap behind me bellowed like the titanic and shouting it as a national disgrace and called for an enquiry! Classic stuff and good to hear such passion.

In a game of such importance I really don't think we can blame players for trying anything to win. That doesn't excuse cheating - but when you've worked hard all year for something and its slipping through your fingers you might just do anything...

I thought on the whole the game was played honestly by both sets of players

Back