• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We really have come a long way!!!

tommytwoholes

Trying to find some paper work last night i stumbled across a load of my old programmes the majority from 98 season ( i dont buy them any more) But looking at our team under Chipmunk its no wonder that we were relegated and almost went down to the conference! The team were terrible, and in particular the defence. The likes of coleman, booty , morley and an ageing newman. Very lightweight in midfield and especially weak upfront. I have no doubt that the same team would have really struggled this season. We havent been very good at times this year ,but we all knew the team were willing and capable . Next year could be our year to get out of this sh1te league and i reckon we will see our average crowds get over the 5k a game mark. The point i am trying to make is take a look at your old programmes circa 97-01 and things look bright both on and off the pitch.
smile.gif

I may be in a minority here but I always was quite a fan of Sir Martyn of Booty.
But you're right the team is a lot stronger than the dark days under Martin.
Things are looking encouraging but I think we mustn't get too carried away re next season, I'm never surprised by our heroes' capacity to disappoint.
But on the second half of this season's form there are plenty of reasons for optimism.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ May 14 2004,09:09)]I may be in a minority here but I always was quite a fan of Sir Martyn of Booty.
But you're right the team is a lot stronger than the dark days under Martin.
Things are looking encouraging but I think we mustn't get too carried away re next season, I'm never surprised by our heroes' capacity to disappoint.
But on the second half of this season's form there are plenty of reasons for optimism.
I also quite liked Morley, for a central defender he was very comfortable on the ball. His downfall, though, was much like Rio Ferdinand in that he was prone to one huge error per game that completely negated all the good work he used to do.

I'm not surprised that he is now in the 2nd Division with Doncaster whilst the club that got rid of him aren't. Perhaps he has matured a little (in a footballing sense) with age. Don't forget he came to us straight from Man City and was only about 20 yrs old. It must have been quite a hard move for him.

Personally i'm pleased to see it has worked out for him.

Ah..... Dangerous Dave (Morley). Couldn't play for toffee but had the commitment of coyote in the roadrunner cartoons....

Booty was probably the best of a bad bunch in defence (apart from Buzz who was a legend - and Broad in that first season).

The rest were more forgettable than a slap-up Little Chef meal...

Back