• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Week 4 - The Cup

That's what she's hoping for (lucky sod). She's just about at 1.6m without that, so she'll be looking to cash in on him, and then maybe think about strengthening her team.

Went for 937t in the end. As I said earlier, shame it wasn't week 1 otherwise that would have been at least double I would guess.

Seems a lot of teams are ignoring the cup this year. On paper my toughest game this season and we've crushed them!

End of Over 16: 68-6, runrate=4.25, reqrunrate=8.12 (343-1)
Sutherland 3-1-5-2
Bullard* 3 (3 balls)
Xola 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Wise c. Cook b. Sutherland 12 (FOW: 68/6)

And that's the end of the match. General Stars won by 9 wickets.
Garboldisham Casuals 158-10
General Stars 159-1

Thank you. Last 128! :) £122,000 gate reciepts too!

this is nothing to do with the cup, but i'd just like to mention that i've posted 393-2 against sufc_al today :)

Going to get promoted Loz? That Level V looks quite keen this season.

We're through. Prem teams falling like flies (including our very own YB). Time for the little guys to get some glory!

Cheadle ShrimperZone CC
Top Order: respectable remarkable
Middle Order: respectable proficient
Lower Order: woeful abysmal
Seam Bowling: woeful sensational
Spin Bowling: competent exceptional
Fielding: feeble mediocre

Never had higher than superb top order but we jumped straight to remarkable! Again our opponents have fielded their reserves against us, liking that!

Toddy is thru too! Boateng rounded things off nicely with 4 wickets in the last over as his oppo make 341-8 and fell 30 short of Todd's total!

Kev

YB & Crabby both lose and the remaining SZ teams all have tough games:

General Stars v Dobcross
Southend United v Borders Batters
ShrimperZone CC v In The Googlies

I have the toughest out of the bunch which is right fecker. Still hoping that their manager will rest one or 2 players too many and i can sneak a win!

Kev

Took it easy as I'm already fighting on two fronts.

Disappointed to lose it through my batsmen failing to post a competitive score, although two of my top 6 were run-out which didn't help matters.

Has anyone worked out what influences run-outs? I think TIE may be a factor along with concentration, experience, fitness level and opponent's fielding. Griffiths certainly should have been OK on concentration (exceptional) and experience (competent). I don't know what his fitness would have been like as I didn't get a chance to log-in after Friday's game.

The rested McIntosh may have made a difference, both with bat and ball, but I'm not too upset to be out. For those who are still in though, I reckon this season offers a great opportunity to progress as far as possible. Lots of teams will be fielding reserves and so you may find a route opening to the quarters.

well and truly kicking my butt today Loz :(

it was a good batting performance... you were unlucky though that Harmison finally worked out how to actually take some wickets, his bowling has been spanked in almost every game prior to today.

it was a good batting performance... you were unlucky though that Harmison finally worked out how to actually take some wickets, his bowling has been spanked in almost every game prior to today.

it was only my second game against human opposition so expected the loss but didn't expect you to post nigh-on 400 :eek: :(

it was only my second game against human opposition so expected the loss but didn't expect you to post nigh-on 400 :eek: :(

I'll give you a game if you want. I'll play my reserves who I've only signed to make up the numbers, so you should be able to win.

Oops, you are still in the SZ cup. Don't accept that challenge. Anyone who hasn't got a SZ cup game fancy a game?

Last edited:
Back