• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperjohn

Newbie⭐
Hi, shame about the result but great day out notwithstanding the very strange atmosphere. Have been to hundreds of blues matches over many years but never heard the crowd so quiet . Block 233. Anyone agree?

Definitely. Where I was a young bloke and an old bloke had a shouting match, some random Russian(?) bloke kept saying to everyone on the pitch "I ****ing kill you, you ****" every 5 minutes. Miserable atmosphere - where was the drum?

Everyone was in shock at the unbelievably ridiculous team selection (subject of another thread).

There was no real atmosphere coupled with the quick goals in both halves meant we were never going to get anything going; oh yes pockets of Wet Spam Arsenal and Spurs fans didn't help either.
Lets just try and be positive!

All I heard was the fowl language coming from four idiots in block 547 row 5 who between them must have used the F and C word at least a couple of hundred times each during the match. To make it worst most of it was aimed at fellow Southend supporters, with such lovely quotes as "I wonder what these c***s do every Saturday as they don't watch Southend.
For your information on a Saturday I'm out working from around 8am to 4am Sunday morning driving a taxi and picking up foul mouth imbiciles such as yourselfs. You were a disgrace to yourself and to the club.
if anybody knows of four youths, one with a big nose blond hair and would fit in nicely with the Hitler Youth, 2 others that look like they had been let out for the day from a Care in the Community setting and an Asian looking lad, perhaps you could teach them manners.

The early goal just sucked the life out of the place. I agree attempts to rally fell on deaf ears. The performance on the pitch did little to alter the mood.

Definitely. Where I was a young bloke and an old bloke had a shouting match, some random Russian(?) bloke kept saying to everyone on the pitch "I ****ing kill you, you ****" every 5 minutes. Miserable atmosphere - where was the drum?

Person due to bring it was taken seriously ill before today

No different to the two previous LDV Final appearances at Cardiff.

When non regulars out number the regulars by about 5:1 that is never going to create an atmosphere.

Goals in the first 5 mins of both halves was also a killer. As was the performance.

Some day trippers tried to start a fight with our group cos we asked them nicely to stop the kids standing on the chairs & waving flags in front of us blocking the view, hence this led to some heated exchanges with the Jeremy Kyle candidates!!

Be glad to get back to the 5,000 regular TRUE SUPPORTERS, forgot Wembley give me my roots hall back!!

Crowd Report

Sad to say the score for southend
supporters is a mighty 3 out of 10, no noise, no passion. Funny how 4
thousand regulars at the hall can make more noise than 32 thousand at
one of the biggest games in our history, expected non stop singing,
instead silence. Having spent the morning at the pub with a great
atmosphere for some reason this did not transfer to the ground.

No doubt the Crewe forums are full of "10K outsinging 30K" comments, but I wasnt that impressed by their support either. Aside from cheering their goals they were pretty quiet too.

Donot agree with day trippers I had with me a W ham,Arsenal,Spurs and a Chelsea fan who joined in the banter from the first min.Great atmosphere from all around us , as a Southend supporter disappointed but for a day out fantastic.
One small question why get so wasted before the game,some unsightly actions before the game ,still it takes all sorts I suppose to make a day

Uts

c

All I heard was the fowl language coming from four idiots in block 547 row 5 who between them must have used the F and C word at least a couple of hundred times each during the match. To make it worst most of it was aimed at fellow Southend supporters, with such lovely quotes as "I wonder what these c***s do every Saturday as they don't watch Southend.
For your information on a Saturday I'm out working from around 8am to 4am Sunday morning driving a taxi and picking up foul mouth imbiciles such as yourselfs. You were a disgrace to yourself and to the club.
if anybody knows of four youths, one with a big nose blond hair and would fit in nicely with the Hitler Youth, 2 others that look like they had been let out for the day from a Care in the Community setting and an Asian looking lad, perhaps you could teach them manners.

I was in 547 row 6 and heard the lot. Those bellends were an embarrassment.

Rubbish atmosphere, rubbish team, rubbish chairman.

Haha, it's all ok though as you still get better crowds.

Forever in our shadow. One team in Essex!

Everyone was in shock at the unbelievably ridiculous team selection (subject of another thread).

This^ but how can you blame a manager who's been here 2 weeks for not using the players correctly, shocking time to let go of the manager 2 weeks before a final. Why couldn't Ron just wait.

Oooh, if there be a shadow, you better get milking my laad.......

This^ but how can you blame a manager who's been here 2 weeks for not using the players correctly, shocking time to let go of the manager 2 weeks before a final. Why couldn't Ron just wait.

he has seen them every day for 3 weeks & he still can't tell Mohsni isn't a midfielder, that worrying......... Mohsni is a up & down player, he is a targetman no more than that, he don't spread the ball around & calm things down, we know that, but Phil Brown ex premier manager can't see that after 3 weeks of working with him.....

Coughlan surely would have had some input. I worry for next season with Brown in charge

Back