• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well played Southend

TilsonisaLeedsfan

Schoolboy
Just back from the game...Leeds fan living in Romford...best side by far won the game...

I've seen some very bitter and angry comments about Leeds on here, and am surprised at the level of anger we generate. Of course we have our morons but then so do most clubs...and lets face it, you sold out this game weeks in advance.

Anyway, well played Southend...and thanks to the small minority who took time out to praise our fans. Its not easy being a Leeds fan..

Just back from the game...Leeds fan living in Romford...best side by far won the game...

I've seen some very bitter and angry comments about Leeds on here, and am surprised at the level of anger we generate. Of course we have our morons but then so do most clubs...and lets face it, you sold out this game weeks in advance.

Anyway, well played Southend...and thanks to the small minority who took time out to praise our fans. Its not easy being a Leeds fan..

have to admit I thought it was great seeing so many away fans silenced nearer the end..

but your fans were very good!

well done :)

Thanks mate and well said. We didn't really sell this one out, but I think this will be our highest of the season, unless we've improved by the time Florist & Swansea come to town.

Not being churlish I though Leeds were quite poor, and you should have bitten Derby's hand off for the alleged 2 million for Beckford.

It's never been easy being a Leeds fan recently, good luck to you.

It takes all sorts to make up this board and unfortunately none of us are great fans of your club, I don't think the "Wise" factor helped ...But great effort from your fans this evening...

We have had an up and down season but seemed to gel tonight as a team (Having a Striker Helps ;) ) ..Just out of interest how do you compare us with some of the other teams you have met in this league?

tbh mate we've been dire for the last 3/4 months...Beckford has moments of brilliance, but by and large we create very little, and never rip teams apart. Hopefully Gary Mac will put that right and get us playing more attacking, creating more chances.

I see us having very little chance of going up..we look very soporific at the moment and badly in need of inspiration

southend one of the better sides, definitely...surprised you're not much higher up tbh, and wouldnt rule you out of being in the play offs...

when do you guys play swansea?

I actually backed Southend tonight at 2-1 which I thought was very generous. The problem with Leeds is that they have become flat track bullies - against better sides like Southend, we look absolutely clueless.

beckford has been a class apart this season, but Derby actually never offered us anything for him. Just a bit low on confidence at the moment, which the new manager should hopefully rectify.

Im sure the hatred comes cos of Bates and Wise, who are of course odious characters. None of our fans wanted Bates back after the CVA was collapsed in the summer, but unfortunately managed to wangle back control of the club from the administrators. What he did to those small businesses in Leeds was of course unforgiveable.

Take your word about Beckford, and to be fair he has scored a fair few crackers this season.

Presume the Derby "bid" was all paper talk?

yep...and of course being Wise, he had to get into a scrap about it with Derby...claiming that we're a much bigger club...

Of course he's right ;-)

but you expect more from a professional football manager!

beckford has been a class apart this season, but Derby actually never offered us anything for him. Just a bit low on confidence at the moment, which the new manager should hopefully rectify.

Im sure the hatred comes cos of Bates and Wise, who are of course odious characters. None of our fans wanted Bates back after the CVA was collapsed in the summer, but unfortunately managed to wangle back control of the club from the administrators. What he did to those small businesses in Leeds was of course unforgiveable.

Bates is not alone on screwing local businesses. Sheepshagger at Ipsh*te Town did the same not that long ago, they should had suffered a points deduction (or got demoted to the Blue Square thingy) but sadly did it before the league powers that be wised up to it.

yep...and of course being Wise, he had to get into a scrap about it with Derby...claiming that we're a much bigger club...

Of course he's right ;-)

Blimey three words I never thought I would hear about Wise.

I do think you have a professional football manager now in Gary McAllister, a good bloke and ex player who won a championship medal at Leeds.

Of course he's right ;-)

Definately a blessing in disguise that he has gone for you ,now how to get rid of Bates .that is your next dilema ...

Definately a blessing in disguise that he has gone for you ,now how to get rid of Bates .that is your next dilema ...

I must admit MacAlister always strikes me as a decent man and should do a lot to raise a more positive profile of the club. Let's face it - does anyone other than his mother actually like Denis Wise.
Also MacAlister gave up Coventry to be with his ill wife who actaully died of cancer in the end. A truly good bloke. But yes get rid of Bates, get a local committed honest business man in who loves the club in and eveyone might just end up liking Leeds.

yes mate, a lot of Leeds fans are quietly happy with Gary Mac, and hopefully a return to some decent football

I was also at the league game last season, the 1-1, where we also played appallingly and somehow fluked a draw...thats how its been all season and throughout the little (unt's reign as manager

am i missing something here? very good that leeds has so many fans done but they made very little noise and were silenced pretty much the whole time. the west were emmense today and put in the performance that i would say helped the players.

am i missing something here? very good that leeds has so many fans done but they made very little noise and were silenced pretty much the whole time. the west were emmense today and put in the performance that i would say helped the players.

To be honest I thought the Leeds fans were the best I've seen all season. Personally I think with McAllister in charge it's a blessing in disguise for them, he's a good manager who will also improve the club's image - certainly compared to that poisonous dwarf Wise anyway!!

Really pleased tonight though, amazing what a difference a good striker makes. And in Bailey and McCormack I believe we have the most competitive central midfield pairing in the division. All we were really missing was a cutting edge up front, Barnard is like a breath of fresh air to this team.....

Good luck to Leeds though, was impressed by their fans tonight and let's face it it's not their fault they ended up with those ****s Wise and Bates is it??!!

Last edited:

I think you've answered there why a lot of football fans around the country have an element of dislike for Leeds.

The whole sorry episode of spring/summer 2007, just left a sour taste in many people's mouths as to how a club would try so blatantly to bend the rules.

Now Wise has left, my contempt for Leeds United FC has risen somewhat, however there still remains a negative feeling over how the 15 point penalty is consistently moaned about and fought.

Welcome to the board anyway. Hopefully you will remain & post a lot more on here, it's good to have views from opposing fans (especially those who can post interesting & insightful comments, rather than just mono braincell abuse)!

Good luck with McAllister, I predict at least another trip to the Championship playoff final for Leeds Utd before 2010!

for some the problem with Leeds goes way back to Don Revie and all that .....

but regardless good to have a Leeds voice on here - and I hope you appreciate the good humour and tolerance that was shown to your supporters in the west stand - who were not thrown out or "victimised" for flouting stadium regulations and infiltrating the home end -

they didn't have much of an eveing anyway ;-)

never thought Leeds United would be reduced to playing kick and rush in the third division and it was joy to see the Shrimpers passing the ball right through the midfield .....

Back