• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well played Southend

I have to say that I am not a Leeds fan, although that is probably due to me being a Yorkshireman from the South of the County. My Dad used to say he was a fan of Rotherham and anyone playing Leeds! That said, I am old enough to remember the "great" Leeds team of 1970 - 1974. yes they were physical. Those members of the board too young to know, treat yourself to a DVD of the 1970 final replay (I think you can get the Wembley game and replay in one disc). At their best Leeds were sublime, like Arsenal now, a well oiled footballing machine and easy on the eye. At their worst, they were rather aggressive. It went right through the team, the management and onto the terraces. Witness the game at home to WBA in about 1971. Leeds needed a point I think to clinch the Championship or at least maintain their place at the top. The linesman went to sleep in what was the most incredible fashion and allowed Jeff Astle (correct me if i am wrong) to pick up the ball twenty yeards offside and score. The linesman was adamant he was offside, the Referee bottled it and the result was Leeds lost the title. Everyone went ballistic! Even Don Revie seemed to attack the ref! Running around the Elland Road mud in his sheepskin!

Having said all that, times have moved on and I thought that the Leeds fans were a credit to their team last night. Lets face it they brought more fans to the Hall than Colchester but, then again, there are probably more Leeds fan in Essex than Colchester fans! They were loud and proud and I very much doubt that 2000 Southend fans would turn up on a Tuesday night at York City if we were relegated to the Conference, so credit to them.

On the footballing side, we were the better team and it is gratifying to have a fan of any opposing team to acknowledge that fact. We may well come up against the Peacocks, as they used to be known in the play offs so, lets not upset them too much, eh?

Ok, fair point, but the rules should change so that if you go into administration after a certain date, the points will be deducted the next season. Leeds could have started on -25, i like the sound of that!

my favoute Leeds picture
HiResImage.aspx

My favourite Leeds picture would probably be this one
105_3.jpg

but fair play for not having the best supporters in the world like the Toon Army, and actually turning up to games.

Back