• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chris wood

Youth Team
Super support at the hall last night now we need to recreate it at Wembley.
My aim by posting this is lets don't just make it a day out lets make loads of noise.
When we were at Wembley for the Paint Trophy the thing that grated with me the most more so than the result was how quiet we were with no organised singing of note just pockets here and there spoilt by so many day trippers who are more than welcome to come but please join in or don't sit in the designated singing areas that are on sale on the website.

This year the club are selling singing areas PLEASE ONLY BUY FOR THESE AREAS IF YOUR ACTUALLY GOING TO SING
Wembley is a great day out imagine how good it would be to get the TOTAL Wembley experience with the Blues winning and the ground totally rocking with noise from our massed ranks.

By getting our more vocal supporters grouped together we have more chance of making the daytrippers join in come on be loud and proud on our big day!!!!

For me the total Wembley experience is queueing for ages to buy a really **** pint of overpriced lager.

Totally agree BUT the club should only sell them to people who want to sing, so if they can ask the question and distribute correctly all will be good.

Does the online system make it clear when you buy that its a singing section ?

The players have to help us with this. Like with Blackpool at Cardiff, we went behind so early that it knocked the stuffing out of us. We never looked like getting back into it and there was very little for the fans to latch onto.

Wembley is a huge ground and it will always be difficult to get a great atmosphere going

Yeah agree with this. JPT was a really **** once game started but I don't think the football helped that day either. I had a great seat last time, just to side of goal.. Is the singing section directly behind the goal and what's the view like from there? Not even sure I can go yet. In Germany and not sure I can get work off.. Gonna cost me if I do make the trip... Would love to be there though

Super support at the hall last night now we need to recreate it at Wembley.
My aim by posting this is lets don't just make it a day out lets make loads of noise.
When we were at Wembley for the Paint Trophy the thing that grated with me the most more so than the result was how quiet we were with no organised singing of note just pockets here and there spoilt by so many day trippers who are more than welcome to come but please join in or don't sit in the designated singing areas that are on sale on the website.

This year the club are selling singing areas PLEASE ONLY BUY FOR THESE AREAS IF YOUR ACTUALLY GOING TO SING
Wembley is a great day out imagine how good it would be to get the TOTAL Wembley experience with the Blues winning and the ground totally rocking with noise from our massed ranks.

By getting our more vocal supporters grouped together we have more chance of making the daytrippers join in come on be loud and proud on our big day!!!!

Feel thats a little harsh.

It was arranged there would be a "singing" section in block 133 (I think) which was right behiond the goal, but the ticket office sold this in the same manner as the other 30k tickets.

We managed to arrange with the club to give about 80 seats in that section so that we could get a large amount of "Singers" together in the hope we could get things going.

Even though all that shouldnt make a difference as it was a cup final it wasnt helped by how made the game was. The atmosphere in side wembley is pretty bad no matter whos playing there. You dont offten get all 30-40k fans singing etc.

I think It could be a little different this time round as we seem to have much easier and more catchy songs like "Everywhere we go" and that also seems to get everyone in the singing mood.

The same season as our Paint final I also went to the fa vase final with Tonbridge with only 8000 in Wembley made more noise than our 30,000 so an atmosphere can be created difference was that fans had plenty of room to move around and regroup to sing together.
Just want it to be a day to remember for all reasons

Totally agree BUT the club should only sell them to people who want to sing, so if they can ask the question and distribute correctly all will be good.

Maybe an X Factor style audition of "Everywhere we go..." before being sold a ticket in the singing area.

sadly its not going to work , There will be many singers going who will be bringing friends with them who don't normally go. HOWEVER when you go onto the website it does say 'singing section' so that should help

Feel thats a little harsh.

It was arranged there would be a "singing" section in block 133 (I think) which was right behiond the goal, but the ticket office sold this in the same manner as the other 30k tickets.

We managed to arrange with the club to give about 80 seats in that section so that we could get a large amount of "Singers" together in the hope we could get things going.

Even though all that shouldnt make a difference as it was a cup final it wasnt helped by how made the game was. The atmosphere in side wembley is pretty bad no matter whos playing there. You dont offten get all 30-40k fans singing etc.

I think It could be a little different this time round as we seem to have much easier and more catchy songs like "Everywhere we go" and that also seems to get everyone in the singing mood.

agree with the 'everywhere we go' comment . Lots of people say they don't like it, but the fact is more people join in that for any other song

Back