• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

went to the boston game

Alex

Members
it was terrible, we were terrible. we were fairly strong in defence but had no midfield hence no supply to the poor frontline. dont know why only dudfield come on and at that time of the match was far too late. we were crying out for subs at halftime. the pitch was all sandy making gray fall over every 10 seconds. on a whole though, boston had about 4 real chances and took 2 of them, we couldnt even be bothered to create a real good chance. to be honest loosing isnt too bad because we cant win all our games, but its the manner in the way we got beat that annoys me. if we put half our normal performance in we would have won comfortably but i think it was the attitude of we only need to turn up for a win. on the plus side i was back home in wickford by 12:15 so it was a good jouney home

I obviously wasn't there but you've got to think that a combination of the pitch and their tactics are a big factor in them being as high up the table as they are. They haven't lost at home so theres no real disgrace in the loss. As I said in the other thread lets just hope they can show us all that this was a blip on a poor pitch by winning on saturday.

The author of the thread might like to consider taking a football down to southend beach and kicking it around against 21 (22 including referee who was poor) other blokes for 90 minutes. Boston are clearly used to playing on their pitch and had a game plan. That is why they so often get results at home.

Most reports suggest Eagle missed a sitter from virtually under he crossbar. That was at 0-0 I reckon too.

The pitch was dreadful but I think the team had decided this was a good excuse before the game started. No passion, no passing and, most odd, no belief.

We really do miss a leader in midfield, and without starting the Maher debate again Barrett should be captain.

Why did no one join in my "Dune Army" song.

Back