• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Ham vs Birmingham

Shrimpersarmy

Available
Was at this game last night, and Birmingham were shocking. I will be amazed if they don't go down, West Ham cruised past them without even getting out of first gear.

Every Birmingham player was well below par, but suprisingly their best player was DJ Campbell by a LONG way, even though he only got 25 minutes at then end as a sub his pace, skill and direct running with the ball caused West Ham no end of problems.

Dean Ashton failed to impress, although he scored he looked very unfit and lacked pace and for somebody who is consistantly compared to Alan Shearer he won very little in the air.

Birmingham are crap, and I doubt anyone on here will shed any tears if they go down...!

That must leave West Ham in sixth.... I saw them a couple of times last season and they looked like an average Championship team.... considering they haven't signed too many players, Pardew must have worked wonders with them!

Wonderful bit of team selection by Steve Bruce putting his own son in centre mid ahead of Nicky Butt!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 14 2006,09:48)]That must leave West Ham in sixth.... I saw them a couple of times last season and they looked like an average Championship team
It was like that last night, they were very scrappy in midfield and seemed incapable of keeping the ball for more than 3 or 4 passes. Reo Coker and Mullins were very poor in the centre of the park and christ knows how Konchesky is good enough to play for England.

The difference between the 2 sides was Marlon Harewood, who is basically a better version of Wayne Gray. Pace and Power but no first touch, the main difference between Harewood and Gray is Harewood can finish off his chances.

Can't see West Ham staying 6th. Reckon they will finish about 10th.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ Feb. 14 2006,10:26)]Pace and Power but no first touch, the main difference between Harewood and Gray is Harewood can finish off his chances.
I remember him missing an open goal from two yards out when we played them last year in the Carling Cup!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Feb. 14 2006,10:09)]Wonderful bit of team selection by Steve Bruce putting his own son in centre mid ahead of Nicky Butt!
And it seems Mr Butt threw his toys out of the pram, and stormed off ! !

And it was less than four years ago that Pele was saying that Butt was the best midfielder in the world... How times change
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 14 2006,12:50)]And it was less than four years ago that Pele was saying that Butt was the best midfielder in the world... How times change
rock.gif
To be fair that was probably one of the most generous and exaggerated statements of all time....!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 14 2006,09:48)]Birmingham are crap, and I doubt anyone on here will shed any tears if they go down...!
Only tears of joy. I still haven't forgiven them for 1993, and they will remain hated Brummy scum in my mind for as long as I live.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 15 2006,09:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 14 2006,12:50)]And it was less than four years ago that Pele was saying that Butt was the best midfielder in the world... How times change  
rock.gif
To be fair that was probably one of the most generous and exaggerated statements of all time....!
Well, maybe one of the best midfielders in the tournament at the time...

I think Peles actual quote was 'I like Butt very much'...

I think thats what he actually said and it had the BBC giggling away!

Back