• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West stand (The blue voice section)

West was buzzing last night, reminded ne of the old north bank days

Great atmosphere, shame on the men in orange coats though telling us to sit down every 5 mins

Wonder if they wear those coats around the house, it must give you such a sense of power :p

Have those behind the blue voice asked the club about the possibility of season ticket holders moving permanently to the Blue Voice area? over the last couple of games i've wished I was in the west and being there last night the atmosphere was ten times as good as the East. I agree with those who said last night reminded them of the old days..

We will ask this question on your behalf, but my advice is just ring the club and ask the question...cant see it being a problem

im gutted i didnt go, even though i really couldnt afford it, would have loved to have been in west stand with the drum if it's like what people have described..
definetly going to change my season ticket for bristol now if it's like that =D

Good for them, it was the drums first outing for 3 years, its in need of repair and was played by someone who has never used a drum in his life!

It will sound a lot better when repaired and used by a pro...

Anyone with talent fancy being TBV drummer every game?

I thought the drum worked well last night, it may have annoyed the Poxford fans but perhaps they should pay more attention to the fact their team was so poor that we should have beaten them 8-0. ;)

I thought it was a fantastic effort. The songs will come and as people become more confident they'll be a variety. I feel the better ones are the call and response songs like Why don't you give me an S etc and when the Blues go marching on. The songs directed at the away fans especially if there is 30 of them are a bit pathetic IMHO.

Anyone with talent fancy being TBV drummer every game?[/quote]

Sorry Smiffy, I thought you were excellent and now have a job for life. :)

Anyone with talent fancy being TBV drummer every game?

Sorry Smiffy, I thought you were excellent and now have a job for life. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks but I have no rythym!

Who fancies picking up the sticks then?

Come on, dont be shy, this is a major part in increasing the atmosphere...

Brilliant effort fellas! 2nd half was very good from you guys and even managed to get the east going to at times. The drum sounded very "dead" IMO and the 'skin' obviously needs tightening but you wont want it too tight as otherwise it will mute the fans. How it was last night, you could actually hear the drum in the background and the fans, first and foremostly and thats the important thing. You dont want it the other way round, that is for sure. Good work though and the East Blacks may have been a better place for the BV last night as it would have most certainly got the South and East stands involved, whereas where you are at the moment, its rather "out of the way" ...

Kev

Kev, the drum needs some tlc for sure.

We cannot use the drum anywhere but where it was last night unfortunately.

Just out of interest..

Could those of you in The East, South and Southern end of West Stand hear the drum clearly this evening?

Nope couldnt hear any noise coming from the West ;-)

Smiffy I cant believe you was doing the drum last night, you used to be cool now you’re just a Shrimper Nerd!!

Last edited:
Back