• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WHAT A CRAP GAME !

BRICKTOP

Youth Team
Southend 2 - Maldon 0, dont know who scored could'nt give a toss...crap game !!!

VIP BRICKTOP & VIP BLUE
(On the bench with Tilly)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BRICKTOP @ July 26 2005,21:43)]Southend 2 - Maldon 0, dont know who scored could'nt give a toss...crap game !!!

VIP BRICKTOP & VIP BLUE
(On the bench with Tilly)
Probably a lot of the triallists and fringe players played... I'd expect this to be a bit pants to be honest, pre-season games against the lesser lights usually are, as the 'first eleven' dont see much of the game together...

It'd be much appreciated if you could find out who scored though

biggrin.gif

All i know is that PASTIE made a guest appearance at the end over in the corner flag....jumped over the barrier and got the ball !!! LEGEND....

It's a mid-week pre-season friendly away at a Southern League team. Of course it was going to be crap; these sort of games usually are! It's the best way for the coaching staff to give the fringe and youth players a run-out against opposition with a few first-team players thrown in to improve match fitness. I can't believe people expect a rout every time. It's merely a warm-up game for the regular season, nothing more ...

WS

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 26 2005,22:32)]It's a mid-week pre-season friendly away at a Southern League team. Of course it was going to be crap; these sort of games usually are! It's the best way for the coaching staff to give the fringe and youth players a run-out against opposition with a few first-team players thrown in to improve match fitness. I can't believe people expect a rout every time. It's merely a warm-up game for the regular season, nothing more ...

WS

rock.gif
It's more than that and you know it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ July 27 2005,09:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 26 2005,22:32)]It's a mid-week pre-season friendly away at a Southern League team. Of course it was going to be crap; these sort of games usually are! It's the best way for the coaching staff to give the fringe and youth players a run-out against opposition with a few first-team players thrown in to improve match fitness. I can't believe people expect a rout every time. It's merely a warm-up game for the regular season, nothing more ...

WS

rock.gif
Absolutely. A pre-season mid-week game full of triallists against Maldon is at least as important as our progress in the Essex Senior Cup this season...

suspect.gif
tounge.gif

Game was crap but the worst part was queing 25 mins for a cup of tea.i left 5 mins before the end to beat the rush out of the car park missed both goals that we teach me
laugh.gif

Tilson used a load of trialist strikers all with weird surnames
laugh.gif
At least Gray and Eastwood got a rest. According to the official website Cole was the star man again and good to see Bentley scoring again, hopefully he can get a few more this season than he did last season.

lol. was thinking that last night when he scored again. Who made that post a couple of weeks ago saying he should be put upfront? maybe we should think again.

biggrin.gif

yeh i reckon guttridge could take his place in midfield while bentley goes up front, guttriedge can then be the main source of midfield goals

Not this again. Bentley can't play upfront. Leave him in the middle of the park with Maher, its where his best suited. He provides us with a physical presence and gives us that added bit. He is our very own action man.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ July 27 2005,10:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 26 2005,22:32)]It's a mid-week pre-season friendly away at a Southern League team. Of course it was going to be crap ...it's merely a warm-up game for the regular season, nothing more ...

WS

rock.gif
Is it? And do I?!

I have never attended these pre-season games at non-league grounds and expected the "mighty" Southend United to run up a cricket score. I see them as what they are; useful games against reasonably competitive sides for the coaching staff to take a look at recommendations and possible additions to the playing squad. Nothing more. And a decent p%&s-up in a cheap club bar ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ July 27 2005,18:12)]Where does anyone say that they expected a cricket score?
rock.gif
It was a generalisation. Over the years I have been amazed at the number of people who turn up at places like Maldon and Potters Bar, etc. expecting Southend to chalk up a goal-rate akin to a Gatling gun ...

WS

Back