• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WHAT A CRAP GAME !

With a team featuring with youth team / trialist players, who have never played alongside their team-mates before, you're never going to get a team performance as good as, say, the Norwich game (where we played mostly first-teamers). The game is also only a friendly, so they're hardly gonna go all-out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ July 27 2005,19:03)]Well they should beat teams like maldon by more than 2 goals. And we were lucky to get 2.
Why? It wasn't even a Southend United SECOND string side!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 27 2005,22:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ July 27 2005,19:03)]Well they should beat teams like maldon by more than 2 goals. And we were lucky to get 2.

WS
so bart, wilson, hunt, edwards, spinner, KEV, bentley , cole, Gower, pettefer. There not 1st or 2nd team players??? We should do better than 2-0.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ July 27 2005,23:10)]
[b said:
[b said:

WS
so bart, wilson, hunt, edwards, spinner, KEV, bentley , cole, Gower, pettefer. There not 1st or 2nd team players???  We should do better than 2-0.
Agreed! Its going to take me some time to get over this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ July 28 2005,10:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ July 27 2005,23:10)]
[b said:
[b said:

WS
so bart, wilson, hunt, edwards, spinner, KEV, bentley , cole, Gower, pettefer. There not 1st or 2nd team players???  We should do better than 2-0.
Agreed! Its going to take me some time to get over this.
I think it is a disgrace. With the season starting in a little over a week's time, our players should have played like there's no tomorrow. The only thing that mattered was to trounce Maldon Town and nothing less. They have proved nothing by beating the likes of Millwall and Norwich. This is the game that mattered. It doesn't matter if any players got injured so close to the season's start, so long as we beat Maldon Town by at least 8-0.

Sell 'em, Tilly.

mad.gif

Yeah, Tilson out!

tounge.gif

scamps - you are in dire need of becoming reacquainted with your sense of perspective. If you really think that a game against Maldon is important in the grand scheme of things, then you need to get out a bit more.

Pre-season is about fitness and seeing triallists. Freddy has already bagged two goals against decent opposition, Mitch Cole has also impressed against them... so I think we have no concerns there.

So, against Maldon the squad got another run-out, we avoided injuries, and we've worked out that there are some dire triallists out there (e.g. Babatunde, or whatever his name is).

The only conceivable relevance of the fact that we didn't particularly impress against Maldon up front is the fact that the people we had trialling for us up front might be a bit crap. That's a concern, I suppose - but purely and simply on the basis that we're still struggling to find any decent triallists.

Other than that, it's another clean sheet, another win, and a bit more fitness for the squad. Sounds like a successful evening to me...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 28 2005,10:10)]Yeah, Tilson out!

tounge.gif

scamps - you are in dire need of becoming reacquainted with your sense of perspective.  If you really  think that a game against Maldon is important in the grand scheme of things, then you need to get out a bit more.

Pre-season is about fitness and seeing triallists.  Freddy has already bagged two goals against decent opposition, Mitch Cole has also impressed against them... so I think we have no concerns there.

So, against Maldon the squad got another run-out, we avoided injuries, and we've worked out that there are some dire triallists out there (e.g. Babatunde, or whatever his name is).

The only conceivable relevance of the fact that we didn't particularly impress against Maldon up front is the fact that the people we had trialling for us up front might be a bit crap.  That's a concern, I suppose - but purely and simply on the basis that we're still struggling to find any decent triallists.

Other than that, it's another clean sheet, another win, and a bit more fitness for the squad.  Sounds like a successful evening to me...

Matt
Another good thing to come out of the Maldon Town game was that Paul Goodacre got a 75 minute run out against a League One side, which is what Tilly wanted to see how he'd handle it. By all accounts he did well and hopefully will be involved when saturday comes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ July 28 2005,00:10)]
[b said:
[b said:

WS
Oh. How right you are.

TILSON OUT!!

WS

glare.gif

We have this debate every year

laugh.gif

Unfortunately, some people will never understand wht friendlies are for - or why some players are not necessarily always on tip top form immediately pre-season starts...

We had the same debate on our board.

If you go to a pre-season friendly you are paying to watch a training session. Get over it!

Back