• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a sh!t hole!

Got back about an hour ago and after having a beer to calm myself down I think that MK is the worst place I have visited! It made the Vetch feel like a holiday! sh!t ground, annoying supporters, and a fake football club!
mad.gif

I hope these w%&kers drop all the way out of the football league!

Yes, call it sour grapes if you like. I dont care!!!!

I think we missed Maher big time today, as we could not create a great deal and even struggled to keep the ball on the deck!

The only positive I got from this game was a burger and chips for £3:99 with a free pint of Pedigree in the Weatherspoons!

I hope we never have to play these w%&kers again!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Mar. 18 2006,19:17)]Got back about an hour ago and after having a beer to calm myself down I think that MK is the worst place I have visited! It made the Vetch feel like a holiday! sh!t ground, annoying supporters, and a fake football club!  
mad.gif

I think we missed Maher big time today, as we could not create a great deal and even struggled to keep the ball on the deck!

The only positive I got from this game was a burger and chips for £3:99 with a free pint of Pedigree in the Weatherspoons!

Great stewards as well, why wouldn't they open the gates up at one end to let us out. In the end a few fans managed to open one of the gates & out we went. Apparently we were all meant to go out one end but no-one told us that!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Mar. 18 2006,19:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Mar. 18 2006,19:17)]Got back about an hour ago and after having a beer to calm myself down I think that MK is the worst place I have visited! It made the Vetch feel like a holiday! sh!t ground, annoying supporters, and a fake football club!
mad.gif

Great stewards as well, why wouldn't they open the gates up at one end to let us out. In the end a few fans managed to open one of the gates & out we went. Apparently we were all meant to go out one end but no-one told us that!!
Yea, it was all kicking off - we stayed at the top of the grandstand (*ahem*) to watch the fun.

One of the stewards shut some lads hand in the big metal doors, so he went spastic and was flailing punches at the steward. Nobody really helped the steward out and he ended up fending off an angry crowd and Blues fans kept trying to get him out the way to open the door.

Fair play to the steward for standing up to all the (bigger) fans - I wouldnt do it for a tenner - or whatever they get. It wasnt very good, but could have turned far nastier.

In the end, someone distracted the steward and another fan opened the gate and everyone surged through...

I agree crap place.Dont want to go back there in a hurry.I also agree about maher we well missed him today.Didn't think i would ever hear myself say that as i for one dont think he's that good.But hey you dont know how good somethink is until its gone.Hope he's fit for the next game.

Completely agree Grim. A proper sh!thole and i froze my b******s off. Winning £85 made things a little more bearable!

cool.gif

The hole place seemed atificial like the team.

How many Roundabouts do you want!

The chant "everywhere we go" was sung alot

"people always ask us, where we come from....and we tell them"

WELL?
rock.gif
? They've obviously forgot they're from Wimbledon. It's such a shame its now a MK team, and anything Wimbledon has dissapeared from there.

Milton Keynes makes Lego Land look a more realistic place to live in!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Mar. 18 2006,22:19)]Milton Keynes makes Lego Land look a more realistic place to live in!!!!!!
Yeah, the area was well to mordern for my liking too many office blocks and other stupid looking buildings. If your going to stick at football ground in a place like that atleast build a few bloody pubs and food outlets in the area. I only saw one pub and that was the weathersponns that i was in. Didnt see any other boozers around. Hope are new ground wont be anything like there's.

and how the hell can u base you football team on cows!!!

come on! White home kit, black away, cow mascots and the cowshed end - metal cows on the roundabouts - have the got mad cow disease!

This team deserves to drop

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Mar. 18 2006,22:29)]and how the hell can u base you football team on cows!!!

come on! White home kit, black away, cow mascots and the cowshed end - metal cows on the roundabouts - have the got mad cow disease!

This team deserves to drop
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
moo

I struggled to take to whole event of today seriously - it was just all so fake. Everything from parking, which to be honest was superb, to the area in general - I can see why the call it concrete city, to the fans - how can you support such a manafactured club.

the thing that made me laugh was the chant of "Womble army". Who has every heard of the Wombles of Milton Keynes!
laugh.gif

Did seem really weird today walking out of MK Central, finding yourself anywhere but central! Was like a ghost town. Walking to the Wetherspoons it was deathly quiet... the only noise being inside the office block/bar of Shrimpers fans singing ,'we are top of the league!'

Very, very strange place. As someone said in another thread, it was like walking into the middle of the Stepford Wives.

Massive place; no people; no character

The whole place seemed a bit surreal, plenty of cars yet no people... their stadium was crap and it was cold as heck. The few MK fans I talked to seemed approachable and weren't boasting about their victory, though, and their team seemed the best out of all the relegation fodder we've seen recently.

Agree it was a totally souless place. It reminded me of when we used to get a non-league team in the cup and the lace just wasnt geared up for football.

Even weatherspoons was weird. Massive pub within an office block. Great...

Hope these franchise w%&kers disapear as fast as they appeared.

cr*p game, cr*p atmosphear, cr*p stadium........and a puncture on the coach on leaving the ground that meant a 90 minute unforessen stop in the car park
mad.gif

One good thing came out of the day though ........ whilst walking to pub/office block/bland building I walked past the Abbey National head office. Now I know where all those nasty bloody letters keep coming from and now I know exactly where to leave that half tonne of manure Iv'e got! ........... they dump some of their sh*t on my doorstep i'll dump some of mine on theirs
cool.gif

You lot may be biased by the god-awful performance, but there are some nice places in MK if you look hard enough! There were some old villages before 1967 when MK was dumped on them such as Olney or Stony Stratford... Face it, Basildon is no better than central MK.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Mar. 19 2006,08:08)]There were some old villages before 1967 when MK was dumped on them such as Olney or Stony Stratford... Face it, Basildon is no better than central MK.
There are some nice places in Romania too, doesn't mean I want to go there though
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Mar. 19 2006,08:08)]You lot may be biased by the god-awful performance, but there are some nice places in MK if you look hard enough! There were some old villages before 1967 when MK was dumped on them such as Olney or Stony Stratford... Face it, Basildon is no better than central MK.
no basildon doesn't look fake anymore as the little sh!ts have destroyed the place so much that it looks like its been around for years! and they are yet to steal a football team, yet i'm sure they are waiting in the wings for West Ham

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Mar. 19 2006,13:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Mar. 19 2006,08:08)]You lot may be biased by the god-awful performance, but there are some nice places in MK if you look hard enough! There were some old villages before 1967 when MK was dumped on them such as Olney or Stony Stratford... Face it, Basildon is no better than central MK.
no basildon doesn't look fake anymore as the little sh!ts have destroyed the place so much that it looks like its been around for years! and they are yet to steal a football team, yet i'm sure they are waiting in the wings for West Ham
Lol, you should see some of the areas of MK, makes Basildon look like Monaco! Still I live here, it's not bad and some of the surrounding areas are gorgeous. I'd love to move to Priory Park but I think the 2 hour commute sort of puts me off!

Back